KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Greenland (2020)

Greenland (2020)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Greenland (2020)

Saw the trailer for this before Bloodshot and I have to admit that the asteroid destruction and shit looked cool on the big, nice screen.

We haven't seen an asteroid movie like Armageddon or Deep Impact in a while. I guess we were due...

I can't find the trailer on YouTube for some reason, though. Here's the IMDB page.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 12:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Trailer finally on YouTube

At least it looks better than Geostorm

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 09:45 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha, I remember how shitty Geostorm looked in the trailers.
I actually enjoyed it though!

This trailer looks interesting enough. thumb up

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 09:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chint

It looks pretty cool. I think it's worth noting. I was interested

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:05 AM
Chint is currently offline Click here to Send Chint a Private Message Find more posts by Chint Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Watched the first act or so of this last night. Enjoying it so far.

We were due for a disaster movie like this (asteroid or meteor, etc). And the year 2020 seems appropriate. Haha.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 04:09 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I enjoyed it, it's basically when worlds collide without the world to travel to. And, Gerard plays that character he usually plays.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 04:13 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds with watching,

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 04:20 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Watched the first act or so of this last night. Enjoying it so far.

We were due for a disaster movie like this (asteroid or meteor, etc). And the year 2020 seems appropriate. Haha.

I’d forgotten about this till now.

Give us a review when you’re done! Is it worth watching?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 09:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Oh, sorry. Yeah, I finished it. It's pretty standard, nothing major we haven't seen before, but there's some nice effects, and it's well acted. Definitely worth it for Morena Baccaren. I enjoyed it. It comes across as a pretty plausible sci-fi disaster flick.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2020 12:55 AM
oliverjack

This is definitely one of the best diasters films that I have seen and it is worth your time watching. Personally, before I saw it my expectation was that this is going to be Geostrom 2 kind of bad disaster movie

Old Post Jan 7th, 2021 08:52 PM
oliverjack is currently offline Click here to Send oliverjack a Private Message Find more posts by oliverjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Fun movie. Not a blockbuster or anything though.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2021 04:16 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I find it amusing how the kid in disaster movies virtually always has some kind of health problem or ailment that forms part of the plot. And how the parents also almost always seem at odds at the start of the film. It's like there's an unwritten rule that at least one of these elements needs to be included in a large scale disaster movie.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 02:32 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh, sorry. Yeah, I finished it. It's pretty standard, nothing major we haven't seen before, but there's some nice effects, and it's well acted. Definitely worth it for Morena Baccaren. I enjoyed it. It comes across as a pretty plausible sci-fi disaster flick.

A late thank you on my part!

I’m prob. gonna watch it this week, I’ve def. heard more good than bad about the movie esp. the acting.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 10:29 AM
rudester
Tommy

I get scared easily now. embarrasment

Old Post Jan 19th, 2021 10:33 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I find it amusing how the kid in disaster movies virtually always has some kind of health problem or ailment that forms part of the plot.

Yeah I gave up after they got to the airbase.
I was already cringing when Butler & his family got to the front of the panicked crowd just by saying, "Excuse me!"

Shortly followed by, "20 mins before the plane leaves...yeah that's enough time to struggle back through the crowd, grab the medicine from the car & push to the front of the crowd again..."

Errr how about asking the medic if they had insulin on stock?

Yeah this is where I turned it off.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 04:05 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

This is shit. Why'd I watch this garbage wasted my time.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 08:02 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Thanks for recommending this garbage Leech!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 08:04 AM