KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Disney delays Black Widow, rest of its Marvel movies, Mulan and others

Disney delays Black Widow, rest of its Marvel movies, Mulan and others
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is understandable, but it really does suck. I was really looking forward to the Doctor Strange sequel especially. Eternals seemed to have potential too it was just leaked [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Arishem the leader of the celestials will appear as well as a Deviant named Kro who supposedly will be the villain

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 04:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, it's unfortunate but it makes sense, given what's going on globally. Beyond the actual production element (the large crews, different shooting locations etc.), you also can't do much in the way of promotion or press tours and the like.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 04:28 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

And really, there’s nowhere for films to play right now anyway.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 05:41 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Whole world changed. This had to occur.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 06:05 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
And really, there’s nowhere for films to play right now anyway.

I've seen talk in different places about reviving Drive-In cinemas. I am not sold though. It's obviously better than sitting in a packed conventional cinema, but there are still going to be risks.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 07:11 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

And, obviously, you'd still be massively limited in terms of screenings. So, it wouldn't really be financially viable for really big film releases. Could maybe re-run older films though.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 07:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well some films are being sent straight to Disney+. Like Atremis Fowl.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
Well some films are being sent straight to Disney+. Like Atremis Fowl.

true, but disney expects to make profit from black widow, mulan etc so those films won't be on disney plus until after there initial theatrical run

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The whole film slate for 2020-2022 is going to change.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:51 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Want to see Eternals so much more than BW but at least it is just a matter of patience.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
true, but disney expects to make profit from black widow, mulan etc so those films won't be on disney plus until after there initial theatrical run

It makes you wonder will they lose profits if this lasts longer than they think(some movies are slated for november of this year).

I wonder if this goes on for more than they are projecting if they will lose money by delaying so long. People kinda have short attention spans. We might eventually see them put some movies online.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:53 PM
quanchi112
Disney

It makes you wonder will they lose profits if this lasts longer than they think(some movies are slated for november of this year).

I wonder if this goes on for more than they are projecting if they will lose money by delaying so long. People kinda have short attention spans. We might eventually see them put some movies online.
No, because they will lose their asses with MCU films just putting them online. MCU is the strongest brand of all time. Nothing lasts forever but people will flock back to the theatres when feeling safe.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 09:55 PM
riv6672

I’m bummed for regular movie goers. This must be flipping them out.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 01:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

im sure they will lose some money but in the end i do not think it will be a lot

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 02:48 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Mulan remake should still fail regardless with everything it has had going against it. The leading actress supporting police brutality against Hong Kong protesters, the movie itself lacking pretty much everything that was loved about the original animated film (no Mushu, no Shang for asinine reasoning, etc), all so that Disney could try to appease their Chinese overlords... But how has that been working out for them lately? wink

I had made a thread here for the Mulan remake initially too, but it turned out worse than I couldve imagined, even by current remake standards.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 09:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Wait...no Mushu? Oh HELL no. mad

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 08:38 AM
Flyattractor

I think Disney should just go ahead and release all its movies now.

Kill it off in the bud I say.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2020 06:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Disney still hurts fly.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2020 08:19 PM