KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Disney or Warner Media? Which brand do you prefer and why?

Disney or Warner Media? Which brand do you prefer and why?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Disney or Warner Media? Which brand do you prefer and why?

Not like most of you care about this but I am curious. Both companies have franchises and ips I love.

Old Post May 1st, 2020 04:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Can't say I give much thought to who makes what tbh. Just so long as it's good. That being said, Disney is probably in front when it comes to movie output, currently and Warner via HBO has it for TV longform drama.

Old Post May 1st, 2020 10:46 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

WarnerMedia due to more variety.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 04:20 AM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Cant say I prefer either one.
Both have some fantastic intelectual properties.
Warner does do a little better when it comes to TV shows than movies for the cinema. I'd say Disney is the opposite and does better cinematic releases.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 01:06 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
WarnerMedia due to more variety.
Examples I do believe they have more but I believe Disney has the top two in the MCU and in Star Wars. Love Tron:Legacy and they have Avatar though the first was ok who knows what the future holds. Disney cartoons are way better than Looney Tunes.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 03:57 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Disney has higher highs and lower lows than WB for me, but they have so many highs that it's harder to pick anyone else beyond them.

Plus, everything Fox had now belongs to them (including some of my all-time favourites), so that counts too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 05:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Think we can all agree that WB had the best comic animated series with the batman animated series

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 06:39 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

OMFG! Pull the Stick out your Little DICK QuanchiPo!

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 06:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Don't give a shit about a "brand." I like good movies, regardless of the studio behind it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 07:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Not like most of you care about this but I am curious. Both companies have franchises and ips I love.

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Don't give a shit about a "brand." I like good movies, regardless of the studio behind it.

That is a lot of "WRONG THINK" you just spouted Patty!

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 08:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

is bane still dead

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 09:22 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

As Dead as Thanos.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 09:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I agree but the companies fund and greenlight their stories. Disney is synonymous with excellence and Warner is second in terms of feature films. Warner has a wealth of great ips but Disney has the most popular 2.

Warner is trying with Dune I do hope it lands. If it is a hit it might bode well for Tron 3 being made or other sci fi films in other studios divide it is a copycat world out there.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 10:52 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
OMFG! Pull the Stick out your Little DICK QuanchiPo!

Weigh in or depart.

Old Post May 2nd, 2020 10:53 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Examples I do believe they have more but I believe Disney has the top two in the MCU and in Star Wars. Love Tron:Legacy and they have Avatar though the first was ok who knows what the future holds. Disney cartoons are way better than Looney Tunes.

You have shows like Game of Thrones and Chernobyl coming for the TV/streaming division. Film wise you range from horror films to oscar bait films like A Star is Born/Joker to summer blockbusters and everything else in between.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 12:29 AM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Flyattractor

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 09:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Weigh in or depart.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 08:55 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Disney:

Pixar

Lucasfilm

Marvel Studios

Walt Disney Pictures

Walt Disney Animation Studios

Fox

Warner:

HBO

WB Pictures

New Line Cinemas

DC Films

Turner Entertainment

Castle Rock

Spyglass

WB Television

Hard to say but based on what comes to mind first that id love to watch right now id nice it to Disney by a **** hair

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 11:20 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by relentless1
Disney:

Pixar

Lucasfilm

Marvel Studios

Walt Disney Pictures

Walt Disney Animation Studios

Fox

Warner:

HBO

WB Pictures

New Line Cinemas

DC Films

Turner Entertainment

Castle Rock

Spyglass

WB Television

Hard to say but based on what comes to mind first that id love to watch right now id nice it to Disney by a **** hair
Warner has better content for post teenagers.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 12:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Warner has better content for post teenagers.

Yeah pretty much this.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 05:49 PM