KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Sam Raimi's Spider-Man or MCU Spider-Man

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man or MCU Spider-Man
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man or MCU Spider-Man

What film series version of Spider-Man is better written and how would you rate them as a fan of this web slinging superhero. Did the Sam Raimi films capture the feel of the comics better or was it the MCU that had it done just right?.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 11:40 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It’s all subjective imo.
There are things I like/dislike about both versions, and both capture the comic book feel in different ways and to certain degrees while not getting it exactly “right”.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 11:46 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I like the Raimi films personally. Still think Spiderman 2 is the best superhero made.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 9th, 2020 11:50 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Raimi's Spiderman 2 is by far the best ever Spiderman film, HOWEVER I like Tom Holland and I'm enjoying his take and looking forward to seeing him for yeas to come.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 01:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
Still think Spiderman 2 is the best superhero made.

It’s def. one of the best! thumb up

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 02:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man are far superior as movies and adaptations (though Homecoming is still an overall better movie than Spider-Man 3).

The Raimi trilogy isn't completely accurate, the filmmakers took plenty of creative liberties, but I'd say it gets more right than wrong, and they're definitely the most faithful Spider-Man movies, though they are some liberties that were just unnecessary. However, being 100% faithful to the source material isn't really possible unless if you make a literal direct panel to panel adaptation, that's something that honestly may not actually translate that well on screen for a Spider-Man movie. I don't think all the liberties that Raimi took were that bad, a lot of them were quite trivial and complaining about them is nitpicking. I actually liked some of the creative liberties they took, they worked well for the stories they were trying to tell.

MCU Spider-Man movies are decent movies, but not good adaptations.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 08:08 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Sam Raimi's Spider-Man are far superior as movies and adaptations (though Homecoming is still an overall better movie than Spider-Man 3).

The Raimi trilogy isn't completely accurate, the filmmakers took plenty of creative liberties, but I'd say it gets more right than wrong, and they're definitely the most faithful Spider-Man movies, though they are some liberties that were just unnecessary. However, being 100% faithful to the source material isn't really possible unless if you make a literal direct panel to panel adaptation, that's something that honestly may not actually translate that well on screen for a Spider-Man movie. I don't think all the liberties that Raimi took were that bad, a lot of them were quite trivial and complaining about them is nitpicking. I actually liked some of the creative liberties they took, they worked well for the stories they were trying to tell.

MCU Spider-Man movies are decent movies, but not good adaptations.

venom was an aberration lol

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 09:23 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Sam Raimi.

Even if 3 was a bit of a mess.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 09:59 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supposedly they are bringing Alfred Molina back as Doc Ock for the next film.

Eh.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 10:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
Supposedly they are bringing Alfred Molina back as Doc Ock for the next film.

Eh.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 11:09 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I think Andrew Garfield is the best spiderman. His sequel just sucked

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 02:27 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by tkitna
I like the Raimi films personally. Still think Spiderman 2 is the best superhero made.
thumb up

PWNT

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 02:53 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I watched Spider-Man 3 recently for the first time, basically since it was released. I remembered it being the weakest of the trilogy, but holy shit was it bad. It was so bad it kind of soured the other two for me, knowing how bad of a note the story ends on.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 05:13 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
venom was an aberration lol

Not completely. Venom wasn't done completely right, but that's largely because Raimi didn't understand the character that well and he's even admitted that he didn't understand Venom. Raimi wasn't a big fan of Venom because the character was introduced in the 1980s, the material that Raimi liked the most were the silver age comics. Raimi originally wanted Vulture as a villain for Spider-Man 3, Vulture was in the earlier drafts and Raimi even had talks with Ben Kingsley, but Vulture was removed from the script and replaced by Venom.

And let's be fair, Raimi didn't get Eddie Brock wrong in terms of personality. Topher Grace's Eddie Brock was actually based on the Ultimate comics version of Eddie as well as the 90s show, who by the way was a dishonest incel who tried to entice 15 year old Gwen Stacy in having sex, and Eddie's roommate described him as a "psycho" with incel tendencies due to constantly being rejected by girls. Topher Grace's Eddie was pretty similar to that (creeping on Gwen Stacy and trying to hit on Betty Brant who told him to go away etc.), albeit a bit toned down due to PG-13 rating. Eddie Brock in the 90s show was a rival photographer of Peter Parker that Peter really disliked due to his dishonesty, and we see something similar to that in Spider-Man 3.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:12 AM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Raimi, easily.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 08:56 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pikachu88
Restricted

Account Restricted

The contents you share are really helpful to me. I hope you will provide more great information. bmi calculator

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 08:41 AM
pikachu88 is currently offline Click here to Send pikachu88 a Private Message Find more posts by pikachu88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Raimi caught the feeling of the character better (even if his films did get cheesy AF at times)...

Dont get that feeling of loneliness at all from MCU Spidey. I guess thats tough when youre best pals with Iron Man. But I get it, they had to move the movies on, we got plenty of sad lonely Peter Parker in the previous films.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 10:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

MCU Spidey has only really worked in the confines of CA: CW, Infinity War and Endgame. His solo movies have been, story wise, underwhelming. Far From Home had one of the best stand alone sequences in the MCU though with the illusions segment. That was great.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 12:17 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
MCU Spidey has only really worked in the confines of CA: CW, Infinity War and Endgame.

Yeah was an absolute joy having him in those movies.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 01:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote