KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hellraiser (2022 Hulu)

Hellraiser (2022 Hulu)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hellraiser (2022 Hulu)

I certainly won't get my hopes up because I found most of the sequels to be pretty mediocre at best (I think I quit at like number 5 or 6, I don't even remember)..

I think this comes out pretty soon, though. Oct 7.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2022 11:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm going to watch it, as I remember loving the first one as young teen. I know I watched the second and maybe the third, but don't recall what happened.

The actress is getting hate because she's trans and god damn it, Pinhead was a man in the films! Silly people.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 20th, 2022 11:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm going to watch it, as I remember loving the first one as young teen. I know I watched the second and maybe the third, but don't recall what happened.

The actress is getting hate because she's trans and god damn it, Pinhead was a man in the films! Silly people.

Why shouldn't Pinhead be able to switch genders? That would be cool. I hope (s)he does it in the film. It'll make everyone lose their minds. (Switch in The Matrix was supposed to be a different gender when jacked into the Matrix, but it was nixed by the studio).

Old Post Sep 20th, 2022 11:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

In the book The Hellbound Heart, Pinhead (who has no name) is androgynous with a girly voice.

So the dudebros had no problem when a man played the role, but now they have a problem with a transwoman playing an androgenous hell spawn being.

Didn't know that about the Matrix.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 20th, 2022 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2022 11:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gonna watch.. i enjoyed the original first 2 films, then it went to shit like the morons and imbeciles of kmc.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 21st, 2022 03:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Hellraiser (2022 Hulu)

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I certainly won't get my hopes up because I found most of the sequels to be pretty mediocre at best (I think I quit at like number 5 or 6, I don't even remember)..

I think this comes out pretty soon, though. Oct 7.

^^^Yeah, never have I ever liked the Hellraiser movies.

EDIT
Huh.
I just Googled his work and, there isn’t a Barker movie I’ve actually liked.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2022 10:37 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

While a female Pinhead kinda caught me off guard at first (not in a "I'm mad" way but just a "Oh, okay. So that's what they're doing" kind of way), my main concern actually is whether this will be mostly a CG fest like pretty much any other horror reboot I can think of. The original two Hellraiser films had those unique horrific set pieces. My memory of the films after are pretty much nonexistent, but most were made before the CG era.

I'm gonna go out on a limb though and guess it will be CG and thus won't be as disturbing, missing the point of Hellraiser. That gross as hell moment when Frank regenerates? Reverse photography of melting wax? You need that stuff to be as realistic as possible to make it uncomfortable.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2022 01:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wasn't a big fan of the original movie, I liked the 2nd movie alot more and even enjoyed the 3rd movie which is considered a black sheep

as for this remake i'll be checking it out.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2022 03:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The trailer is absolute feces.

I don’t care if the actor for Pinhead is trans.

I just want the movie to be faithful to the source material.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2022 11:12 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

For me Doug Bradley was the best Pin head.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2022 12:58 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, did anyone know that Henry Cavill was in one of the bad Hellraiser sequels as a young victim? If WB was behind that franchise, could've had Superman vs Pinhead: Dawn of Justice.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 02:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

After one it kinda went off track. To much weird unrealistic storytelling. I liked the fictional history behind the maker but it just got cartoonish towards the sequels. Was it a space movie? Or was it a hell scenario? Reminds me of Highlander and the quickening---highlander in space. Just ridiculous!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 04:52 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Oh, did anyone know that Henry Cavill was in one of the bad Hellraiser sequels as a young victim? If WB was behind that franchise, could've had Superman vs Pinhead: Dawn of Justice.

I probably did notice, but forgot because the movie was so forgettable.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 12:56 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clive Barker has written far better stories than the Hellbound heart. Weaveworld and Galilee really deserve films.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 01:02 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Clive Barker has written far better stories than the Hellbound heart. Weaveworld and Galilee really deserve films.

Gotta have those 'member berries for an audience, though.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 01:06 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I'll check it out. last hellraiser i saw was hellraiser 3 when it came out. it was an abortion and i haven't seen any of the subsequent films. loved the first 2 though

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 01:47 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Gotta have those 'member berries for an audience, though.
Weaveworld is almost Stand Level well known and probably, the best stand alone dark fantasy book besides the Stand.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 01:51 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

ColdHeart Canyon should be a movie.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Sep 24th, 2022 at 01:57 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 01:52 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Originally posted by Robtard
...The actress is trans...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 07:51 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Considering we had this as a Pinhead in one of the bad sequels, I dont feel questioning about the reboot one.

Attachment: 420eb595-c922-46db-b60a-6bfd56f70ecc.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Sep 24th, 2022 10:28 PM