KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 04:45 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Certainly looks...colourful. who's the guy at the end? Kang?

Last edited by jaden_2.0 on Oct 24th, 2022 at 05:07 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 05:02 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 05:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Man I love me mesome Ant-Man. yes

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 05:45 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes.

Don't know much about his comic book history so I had a quick wiki read. I hope they use him in the MCU with the Xmen/Star Trek crossover 😆

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 05:47 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this... looks okay.. fan of kathryn newton though

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 09:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks boring as hell.

And the effects look rough. That scene at about 1:05 looks so damn bad...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 07:48 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I dont know. I'm just not really into Kang all that much.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 08:38 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks good

i'm somewhat into Kang but i'm going to say i'm an expert on him, That award goes to Bentley.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 08:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

This looks epic. Can't wait!

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 09:18 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I wonder if this is where the Fantastic Four will come from.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 09:32 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The quantum stuff in the last movie was the coolest part, so yeah, I'll probably watch this at some point. However I will do my best to avoid giving Disney money..

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 10:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

They still need to do a movie when they accidentally scale up an army of tardigrades so they become a planetary threat. Like hundreds of practically indestructible kaiju sized tardigrades that destroy cities.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 11:03 PM
FoxMeister
Tank

I genuinely thought some parts of the trailer looked like Spy Kids 3D

Old Post Oct 25th, 2022 11:32 PM
FoxMeister is currently offline Click here to Send FoxMeister a Private Message Find more posts by FoxMeister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by tkitna
I dont know. I'm just not really into Kang all that much.

We know he's the big bad coming because they have an Avengers movie named for Kang coming in less than three years. That's time enough to sell him. I remember when people got cynical about Thanos and thought it's taking too long for his to arrive and he won't live up to the hype, but he did and exceeded our expectations.

In the comics, I'm not a big fan of someone who's mastered time travel, because I just ask myself 'why aren't they the master of everything anywhere? Why would they bother fighting at all?' It's like someone with super speed so extreme they can break the time barrier. But we have seen our time travel works in the MCU and it is messy and complicated, so I'm hoping to see Kang not just be all powerful.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 26th, 2022 11:25 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Oct 26th, 2022 11:44 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by roughrider
We know he's the big bad coming because they have an Avengers movie named for Kang coming in less than three years.

Not necessarily. Loki had a build up movie in Thor 1 and an Avengers movie but wasn't the "big bad" and obviously Ultron wasn't the big bad either.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2022 12:25 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah and Avengers Secret Wars is out the next year (or was it later the same year).

Old Post Oct 26th, 2022 12:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by roughrider

In the comics, I'm not a big fan of someone who's mastered time travel, because I just ask myself 'why aren't they the master of everything anywhere? Why would they bother fighting at all?' It's like someone with super speed so extreme they can break the time barrier. But we have seen our time travel works in the MCU and it is messy and complicated, so I'm hoping to see Kang not just be all powerful.

The thing i don't get with Kang is when he gets defeated. Why doesn't he just go somewhere prepares for that moment for when he gets defeated and then return back to that one point and win.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2022 01:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Kazenji
The thing i don't get with Kang is when he gets defeated. Why doesn't he just go somewhere prepares for that moment for when he gets defeated and then return back to that one point and win.

One could argue it's because Kang doesn't really care about winning:

Originally posted by Bentley
Histrionics.

(please log in to view the image)

Chaplin would be proud.

I decided to make a small contribution to Kang's mythos by condensing and discussing one of his most defining features as a character that can be overlooked when you first encounter him: Kang is an actor.

It could be argued that this intention appeared and faded in certain points of his history, and that several writers deemed such features inconsecuential and tried different approachs which never quite suceeded. They cannot be blamed, Kang's histrionism is hard to see given the media in which characterization tends to be weak and writers aren't invested enough to look at the characters closely.

So we have this misunderstood character that has never managed to be very popular since every bit of its complexity is hidden, his stories always involve an absurd time-puzzle and at first sight acts as the most stereotypical villain. To help him a little I'm going to explain what the character does, why it works and what's so cool about him.

First of all, no matter which version of Kang you pick, he's essentially this dude:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...thisdudejpg.jpg

He wears a hat when he goes to the ruins, it may seem inconsecuential but it actually isn't.

In his first appearance he's pretending to be a pharaoh, in the second one he changed costumes and has become a time-conqueror. You could even think he's some sort of clown by the way he dresses and the color he uses; there is certainly some victorian age thing going on in those futurist robes.

The second great theater break we get is when Kang falls in love with Ravonna, the princess of a kingdom he must conquer. She sacrifices her life to save him, he lives to suffer his own failure. A Conqueror is one of those characters played in the big tragedies, think Othello going to war, or Julius Cesar. He used to play a pharaoh and now he's a conqueror? How can it be more obvious? Nathaniel Richards is an actor, Kang is his character; even his storylines are filled with theatrics.

Next arc: He plays against the Grandmaster, he wants power over life and death and if he loses his world dies; this is to save her loved Ravonna.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...Riskaplanet.jpg

Given the stakes one should think he's serious, that he cares about Ravonna. He doesn't save her.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...owerofdeath.jpg

At this point most readers probably dismissed Kang already as the stereotypical villain who is just evil and cannot do otherwise. This is actually one of the bumpy roads of the characters, Kang is a conqueror, he kills before he loves, its part of his persona. Kang will mourn Ravonna for years to come.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...ournravonna.jpg

Another important point of the character appears: His future as Immortus, his alternate future as the Scarlett Centurion, his past/future as Rama-tut or as Victor Timely. Those are other roles Nathaniel Richards will play and since time is the canvas there is already an ending. Kang's destiny is written, just like a tragedy.

Most of what makes it possible to understand the character is already in play: his future as Immortus, his acting, his love for Ravonna and the Conquering. Other stories will come with inferior caracterization, such as the Cross-time Kangs and Avengers the Crossing (gladly retconned).

We have four stories left which will shed light over Kang's histrionism: Citizen Kang, Terminatrix Objective, Avengers Forever and Kang's Dynasty.

Citizen Kang was the first attempt to make sense of Kang's whole story and motivations, funnily enough, it ends with Kang sacrificing himself to save Terminatrix.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...tectravonna.jpg

Then Terminatrix Objective will come and undo every sense it tried to make, because suddenly Alioth is Kang's prime opponent, suddenly his fall and Citizen Kang was intentional. And this on time will be retconned into oblivion, because Kang's intention are never quite clear.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...cs/Thisisbs.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...tallyposing.jpg

If anything these arcs marked again how over-the-top Kang tends to be, how his half-cooked ideas and motivations are worth dying for, how he can have everything he wants, but if he's not into it its not worth a dime.

By the way, its established that Kang doesn't give a sh*t about women:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...ionics/Pimp.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...s/pimpagain.jpg

But he still mourned Ravonna for years. By acting and investing himself Kang tries to inject some reality at everything he faces, he conquers because fighting for things make them valuable. Having power would be meaningless unless there is opposition.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2022 01:54 AM