KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Started by: Jaden_3.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaden_3.0

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Surprised to see this not posted/discussed yet.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2022 11:45 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I'm kind of indifferent.

On the one hand there's almost no way it'll be worse than Crystal Skull, but it's also unlikely that it will be all that great.

How old is he? And he's still playing an action/adventure hero?

I mean, not knocking him, Harrison Ford is awesome, but I just suspect it's going to strain credulity.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 12:50 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Same. In all honesty the originals aren't high on my list of childhood favourites and I never even watched Crystal Skull. Seems like another cash-in.

I did always like the crossover references with Star Wars but that bit in the trailer is a bit much

I mean, Millennium Falcon much?

Attachment: smartselect_20221203_012643_chrome.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 01:27 AM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm looking forward to what James Mangold can do with the Indy franchise.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 02:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks pretty bad.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 03:09 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Big f*cling yawn.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 04:00 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i've never watched these films so im indiffferent

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 04:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I'm hyped as phuck and I love the Indy films and the Young Indy TV show so I can't wait for this!!!! big grin

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 05:33 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
I'm hyped as phuck and I love the Indy films and the Young Indy TV show so I can't wait for this!!!! big grin

^^^This guy gets it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 11:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Now adventure movies have mixed with other genres to stay afloat; like comedy, so it will be interesting how it will hold on it's own.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 03:39 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by rudester
Now adventure movies have mixed with other genres to stay afloat; like comedy, so it will be interesting how it will hold on it's own.

Yeah...because there's never been moments of comedy in the other Indy movies roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2022 01:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

If any of the rumors floating around about this movie are true, I’m not touching it with a ten foot pole.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2022 01:54 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
If any of the rumors floating around about this movie are true, I’m not touching it with a ten foot pole.

Please share the rumors.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2022 02:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Please share the rumors.

^^^Psst. I heard…Harrison ford? Is old.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2022 02:18 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Please share the rumors.

Supposedly, the time travel angle brings old Indy and that English lady into the past, which leads them to crossing paths with young Indy. Eventually, I guess young Indy dies rescuing English Lady, which of course erases old Indy, and undoes everything he does from Raiders onwards.

Then the English lady takes up the ”Indiana” mantle, and I guess there’s some kind of montage after that, showing English lady superimposed on all the past legendary Indy scenes, effectively erasing Harrison Ford from the franchise. All of this is apparently to set up a future D+ series for the English lady.

From what I’ve heard there have been several endings filmed, and the others aren’t so blatantly disrespectful to Harrison Ford, but Kathleen Kennedy really wants the ending where English lady replaces Ford. And of course Mangold hates that ending and is fighting for another ending, which is what has caused all the delays.

All rumors though, of course. But the time travel stuff all looks pretty legit.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2022 04:01 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Goddamn, that would be truly horrendous.

There's no way they'll do that. Right?

I typically don't like time travel as a plot device, but that would be taking it to an extreme level.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2022 09:48 PM
Jaden_3.0

Yeah. Disney DEFINITELY wouldn't shít all over the legacy of long established characters. 100%

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2022 11:12 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Goddamn, that would be truly horrendous.

I typically don't like time travel as a plot device, but that would be taking it to an extreme level.

I’m not sure, tbh, you never know with Kathleen Kennedy. The time travel leaks have all been substantiated so far. However, Mangold has completely denied that replacing ford was ever considered, which gives me some hope that it isn’t true.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2022 12:54 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The last time Kathleen Kennedy was involved with Indy was Temple of Doom & The Last Crusade

don't know what's going on with her these days trying to do those drastic changes to well known franchises.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2022 02:33 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
The last time Kathleen Kennedy was involved with Indy was Temple of Doom & The Last Crusade

don't know what's going on with her these days trying to do those drastic changes to well known franchises.

Shes a better producer than she is a creative.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2022 02:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote