KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One |

Thought there was a thread, anyhow.

Am a huge fan of these films, except for number 2, f**K you John Woo.

Checking this out tonight.

edit: KMC broke the title, sent a fix request

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 04:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

No title Rob

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 04:37 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 05:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard

edit: KMC broke the title, sent a fix request

^^^Good luck w. that.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 05:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

KMC is glitching like mad tonight.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 05:12 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I copy/pasted the title and it had that Dash that KMC can't handle.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 05:17 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahh, the deadly dash! laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 05:18 PM
riv6672

^^^That damn dirty dash! laughing

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 06:49 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oddly enough I just don't have much interest in this series. I guess I respect Tom Cruise's dedication to action and stunts, but most everything else about it just leaves me cold. I think I turned on one of the more recent ones one time just for the action and I was kind of bored.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2023 09:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oddly enough I just don't have much interest in this series. I guess I respect Tom Cruise's dedication to action and stunts, but most everything else about it just leaves me cold. I think I turned on one of the more recent ones one time just for the action and I was kind of bored.

Same. Never bothered with them cos they just seem like derivative, clichéd crap.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2023 12:14 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I've only seen a few of these as I'm not a Tom Cruise fan. I will see this one as I'm a fan of Hayley's and Rebecca's.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 12th, 2023 01:09 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fixed the title.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2023 02:00 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Thanks thumb up

Old Post Jul 12th, 2023 03:57 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

This one was a disappoint, the plot/premise is not good, the new main villain is generic and just thrown in there, unlike Solomon Lane (Sean Harris) who was built up over several movies, a lot of the script was dull.

Not as bad as MI2, but not very good, aside from some action and Hayley Atwell being very good looking.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2023 04:03 PM
riv6672

I liked it better than Fast X.

Great stunts and action sequences. The humor worked.

In terms of the actual story, it was kind of the opposite of Fast X in that it had a really generic villain and Tom Cruise did the heavy lifting, as opposed to Momoa’s stealing every scene and Vin Diesel phoning it in.

But anyway yeah I enjoyed it well enough.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2023 12:38 PM
wakkawakkawakka

After this lastest installment I still think Ghost Protocol remains my personal favorite with Rogue Nations having the best stunt. Though this movie wasn't as good as previous installments it was still a pretty fun time watching some of the chase sequences. Hayley Atwell getting stuff to do is neat too.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2023 04:33 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh yeah don’t even get me started on Hayley Atwell.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2023 10:39 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

My two favorite are the first and Fallout. Ghost Protocol is probably 3rd.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2023 04:05 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I liked this, but I haven’t seen any of the other films in years, and didn’t remember most of the call backs.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2023 02:41 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'll be seeing this this week. Looking forward to it.

As for ranking the rest: 6>5>3>4>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2

Old Post Jul 17th, 2023 04:17 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote