KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Exorcist: Believer

The Exorcist: Believer
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

The Exorcist: Believer

I was initially excited for this direct sequel to the original film from fifty years ago, but it’s written & directed by the guy who messed up Michael Myers in the recent Halloween trilogy. I’ll wait for home streaming.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 12:39 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Looks…not bad.

It’s a nice touch having two kids. The Church scene looked funny but I doubt they’ll have her do anything too Demon-y in front of so many witnesses.

Having [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ellen Burstyn pulling a Jamie Lee Curtis is a surprise.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 01:05 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

$20 the little girl in the church scene will piss, shit, vomit, or menstruate in the aisle in front of all the people.

“Shock value”.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 02:58 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I want a spinny head and some floating above the pews dammit!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 03:34 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It doesn't look that bad.

*shrug*

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 03:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No, it really doesn’t.

No Exorcist movie's lived up to the OG, but the worst part is they’ve just been bad movies.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 04:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Bit confused, isn't 'Exorcist II: The Heretic' the direct sequel to 'The Exorcist'.

Are they doing a Superman Returns move and just ignoring the films that came after?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 04:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Bit confused, isn't 'Exorcist II: The Heretic' the direct sequel to 'The Exorcist'.

Are they doing a Superman Returns move and just ignoring the films that came after?

The director is retconning the sequels just like he did the Halloween films he made.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 05:20 PM
Impediment
Endless

At least it can’t possibly we worse than the god awful prequel, Exorcist: The Beginning. JFC, that was a fecal glazed abortion.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 05:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh, it can.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 05:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I confess I have only seen the first Exorcist (I think I've seen it twice). I have never seen any of the sequels.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 08:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i hve never ever watched the original and this prolly free of charge

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 09:20 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^How tf have you never watched The Exorcist?

Do so immediately.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2023 09:44 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^How tf have you never watched The Exorcist?

Do so immediately.

well when it originally aired i was maybe 2 or 3 i think... over the years i've never been interested in watching.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2023 12:58 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
well when it originally aired i was maybe 2 or 3 i think... over the years i've never been interested in watching.

^^^I was 5 and watched it in the theater!

Scarred Me for life.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2023 01:25 AM
Impediment
Endless

i hve never ever watched the original and this prolly free of charge

It’s absolutely required viewing, bro. See it ASAP!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2023 02:07 PM
riv6672

^^^He won’t do it.
You can even threaten to cut yourself and he STILL won’t do it!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2023 09:00 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i^^^ i will watch but when i've no idea

Old Post Jul 27th, 2023 11:35 PM
riv6672

i^^^ i will watch but when i've no idea

^^^Hope you enjoy it!

Honestly, and prob. because I watched it way too young, it’s the only movie that actually legit scares me as an adult.

I’ll settle for you thinking it was okay though. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 27th, 2023 11:42 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Impediment
The director is retconning the sequels just like he did the Halloween films he made.

I got no problem with them retconning sequels, When alot of them end being shite.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2023 02:55 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote