KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » DragonBall Z the Movie!!!!!

DragonBall Z the Movie!!!!!
Started by: Godshinto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Godshinto
GodLike ******

Warning DragonBall Z the Movie!!!!!

I read in one of my gaming magazines that they are actually making a "DragonBall Z" movie. This promises to be one great movie. Although movies of the same type like charachters that have special powers it usually looks corny. (e.g. Mortal Combat, Street Fighter). Have you guys heard anything about it?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 02:18 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
damnation2
a link from the past

DBZ suxs ass

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 03:12 AM
damnation2 is currently offline Click here to Send damnation2 a Private Message Find more posts by damnation2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Hell no it doesn't sucks it's awesome hope it does well.Mortal Kombat wasn't that bad but the second sucked.And Street Fighter was done very wrong.But I hope this movie does well I say Jet Li should be my favorite character Vegeta.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 05:51 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i hate the show.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 08:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

I could see some hatre for the show some of the show was boring and down right confusing. But if you sat down and actually watched almost all 10 seasons it has to be one of the longest running series that I know of. From DragonBall - DragonBall Z - DragonBall GT. For those who mock it actually sit down and watch the series sometime and tell me what there is to hate about the show and I'll call you a fool.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 09:09 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
damnation2
a link from the past

ok the show and the games r for 6 year old kids who freakin cares about DBZ movie

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 03:03 PM
damnation2 is currently offline Click here to Send damnation2 a Private Message Find more posts by damnation2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

The problem I have with the show is nothing actually happens in one episode. They will do their morphy thing, then charge up for a powerful move for three episodes, only to have it knocked aside (which takes an entire episode all its own), then charge up for a bigger move for another three episodes.

It's just boring.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 03:56 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

Angry

quote:
Originally posted by damnation2
ok the show and the games r for 6 year old kids who freakin cares about DBZ movie

Hey Damnation I wouldn't talk if I were you. You're obsessed with a game that should have died along with the Sega Genises system, your infatuation with game is unhealthy it'll never be a Movie or anything more than a old washed up game. Goku would demolish Zelda in a head on match and even in the ratings Dragon Ball would destroy Zelda.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 04:17 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

since i wasn't allowed to copy and paste the news on it from the official site, here's the link:

The Official Dragonball Z Website

more release news from Cinema Confidental, much better/detailed movie site:

Dragonball Z Film On The Fasttrack

i agree that jet li would make a fab. vegeta, but i can't quite picture him with big hair. there's still no official cast, only rumors of who to play who. from other forums i've heard people want: leonardo decaprio as future trunks, jet li as vegeta, jackie chan as goku, and stuff like that. the director is to be ang lee who did the last month's "hulk". i didn't like what i saw from the trailers of hulk. but when those movie people do go to work on dbz, i hope they don't disappoint the millions of dbz fans. at first when i thought about dbz becoming a live movie, it'd seem difficult to make with all those fast attacks. but since cgi and special effects have come a long way, i hope it become a great one. ja ne~

battosai yuriko

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 10:28 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

gotta go with tedo on this one. i watched one episode and it was crap. once they finally got up to when they were gonna fight it said tune in next time or some crap. i dont watch the show and i defiently wont see the movie.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 11:14 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

its criminal to compare the generic games that are the dragonball z games to the constant masterpieces of the zelda series.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 12:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I love DBZ is my favorite anime series it would be interesting how theyll ake a live action movie about it and how good it will be and i think the guy from Mortal Kombat(liu kang) would fit nicely as Goku!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 12:16 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yeah and Jackie Chan would make a perfect Kimlin not because they look the same but kimlin a funny comic fightter.

ANd for those who hate db universe watch db the original it's as good but Dbgt I could see as crapy I didn't like it.But check the website and more about the whole thin of dbz it's awesome.At first it's confusing only because people who said that only saw a couple of episodes.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 04:39 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

I would have to agree the dbz saga was a little to drawn out, and if you don't see like one show you fall so far behind in the story. I personaly have seen every episode from DB - DBZ - DBGT I even have most of them on DVD, and cloging up my TiVo. I easily compare the DB series to such criticaly aclaimed games such as Zelda you only have the series, DB on the other hand has a series older than Zelda and has enspired several games that out do by far the long drawn out game Zelda.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 07:22 AM
Vim
ILFTKYS

I'm a pretty big fan of the DB-Z-GT series and for everyone who has watched a dubbed DBZ episode on Cartoon Network, I'm very sorry! The thing kicks ass in its original Japanese version, people's arms getting cut off with plent of blood, people exploding, getting energy beams blasted through their chests and blood spilling out, so its in original form, I don't think any sensible parent would let their 6 year old watch it. There's also nudity and cussing. Goku calls Freeza a bastard and he is going to kill him. And they usually put heck in for hell, and Bulma gets called a pansy *****, and things like that! So hopefully they will put out a R-rated version and PG-13.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 05:22 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

I have the Japaneese version on DVD and it's great

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 06:26 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

yeah, i heard that the original japanese voices were way better than the dubbing. the american dubbing is just fine to me, except for some of the characters like frieza. but the show seems/is weirder in spainish and on the international channel. i saw db-gt a few times on that channel, didn't have a ****ing clue what they were saying! but i watched it anyway! ~lol~ i love dbz.

another dbz fan told me that akira's manga stopped around the cell saga. then the rest of the sagas were made my the animation company, i think he had some say in it. but not with db-gt. i heard gt wasn't as good, but that's just one person's opinion. i'm just into dbz, i don't have to see gt.

battosai yuriko

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 05:23 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolboarder98

If they do a DBZ movie, which Saga are they gonna do? (there's like 8 or 10 different Sagas).

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 11:43 AM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

Well they might base the movie on the Z series that is what they are best known for not the GT series I heard that they were to do a series of movies battaling villians from Cell reportedly being played by good old Arnold Shwartzenager, to villians like Majin Buu no word on who to play that yet.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 01:08 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i heard that there was a possiblity to make more than one dbz movie. since there are so many sagas to choose from and material to cover. one saga per movie. here are the choice sagas i read at the dbz official site: saiyan saga, frieza saga, andriod/cell saga, and majin buu saga.

shwartzzenager as cell? ~lmao~ that's funny to imagine!

Battosai Yuriko

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 08:33 PM