KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Knowing Everything

Knowing Everything
Started by: Discos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

Knowing Everything

I looked at the timeline on the internet and by god there is absolutly no chance that anyone could understand Tolkiens work, perhaps he didnt understand every last detail about Middle Earth.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum knew alot, infact possibly everything about his work?

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 11:50 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

I wouldn't say anyone knows everything because much of Tolkien's work has not revealed even by Christopher Tolkien, There are many die-hard Tolkien fans, I must say that I'm one of them. I think I know alot about many of the things that occur in Middle-Earth myself but I don't know everything.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:39 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

it looks like Sauron knows alot, but I wouldnt call myself a die-hard fan, I have only read ROTK

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 01:04 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Sauron, Exa, and all of them know alot but some people looks up the info such as the Encyclopedia of Arda to get some of their information that they share.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:28 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I don't think it's possible to know everything about Middle-earth.

Tolkien himself also sometimes mixed up things though he is the only one who knew everything that could be known.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:36 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thorC

quote:
Originally posted by Exa
I don't think it's possible to know everything about Middle-earth.

Tolkien himself also sometimes mixed up things though he is the only one who knew everything that could be known.

exactly. sometime i think i know. when people around me ask some questions about the Middle Earth or LotR thing, i can give them the asnwer. but i can;t call y self as die hard fan as well.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:56 PM
thorC is currently offline Click here to Send thorC a Private Message Find more posts by thorC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

I by no accounts know everything about Tolkien. I try and learn as much as I can, and I want to thank everyone on here who is teaching me. EXA, sauron, and Kitoky are huge teachers, thank you!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 03:17 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I my self don't know every thing, only read Silmarilion and ROTK, and ofcorse seen the moviessmile Turin and Ush seem too know alot too

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 03:32 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

well i seriiously doubt any of us here know everything, sometimes i have to turn to encyclopedia of arda to help me, and also my handy little "complete tolkien companion book"

books from tolkien i have read are (in order)

two towers
return of the king
hobbit
fellowship
two towers again
rotk again
unfinished tales
letters of tolkien
silmarillion
the history of middle earth books
weapons and warfare
lost tales part 1
am currently reading part two

and i think thats it really, although thats good seeing as it was the first film that got me interested (thats why i read ttt first, thought i knew fellowship WRONG i was indeed) so i have read them all in two years

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:40 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

but there are some people who know a great deal exa. kitoky certyaintly knows a deal, nazgul i think does plus she has the gift of not taking it all too seriously < founder of spoof thread. fini also quite intelligent turin, camellia knows her fill, i know quite a bit aswell but i dont think im as good as most of them

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:43 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

There's so much to learn about Tolkien's fantasy world and it's a beautiful creation and really you wonder what else is to happen to Tolkien's world but we can always let our minds take us there. I think the only person who knows an extreme amount of info on Tolkien and Middle-Earth is Christopher Tolkien.

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:46 PM
thorC

umm . i spend most of my time working. and of coz reading . i love Tolkien . i 've read his books since i was studying. But still have many questions about his books. i know that he is a prof. in language. he created many language in middle earth. for the first time i read his book (TTT) i was sent to middle earth as the first two lines. that 's great!!. and i think every Tolkien geeks here are cool. if you know anyone from the greenbook at theonering. net , you will know that they are great too. you know Quickbeem at the greenbook publish the book about LotR and Tolkien. you must buy it and read it.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 04:06 AM
thorC is currently offline Click here to Send thorC a Private Message Find more posts by thorC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

If Tolkien saw that his creation went onto film he would of been pleased I think, he said that it wouldn't work as a movie buyt it has made Billions of (non readers) people understand his awesome work!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 03:50 PM
Aurora
Princess

I think that Tolkien would have been pleased that the book was adapted. Most of all because of the dedication, love, and loyality that was put into them!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 04:40 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

But then again Tolkien might not like how PJ made the movies.

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 06:10 PM
The Inkeeper

he would still appreciate it, even if he didnt like the movies, unlike that stuck up bastard chris tolk

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 07:01 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

ya whats with him, is there even a interwiev with him?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 07:26 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

he should be very proud of hes old mans work

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 07:26 PM
The Inkeeper

says the films could never portray his fathers work properly, so a big **** off to him

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 07:32 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

He can go to hell

Thank you so much Eezy!!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 07:33 PM