KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » MIDDLE EARTH vs AMERICA

MIDDLE EARTH vs AMERICA
Started by: leonheartmm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonheartmm

MIDDLE EARTH vs AMERICA

ok this is middle earth with all its occupants in history vs current america. america has warning of the attack as does middle earth. middle earth is joined to america at the end of mexico by land. america can use all but nukes. middle earth has morgoth/all the dragons/ballrogs/sauron with the one ring/all elves in history including feanor/all humans and numenoreans/all wizards/all dwarves/orcs/eagles and other servants of both dark lords etc. tom bombadil however is not present nor are any of the valar or other maier which werent on middle earth.

who wins?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:25 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Morgoth soloes.

Even with Nukes, Morgoth would destroy America easily.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 03:31 PM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
Morgoth soloes.

Even with Nukes, Morgoth would destroy America easily.

Agreed, Melkor solos.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 04:22 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

no, MELKOR is not available here. only the weakened "morgoth" is and granted, that he was stronger than sauron and company, he still wasnt that special with grond, being blinded by eagles and hurt by fingolfin etc.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 04:33 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King-Fingolfin
Restricted

Account Restricted

hm.

Well, to be fair, Beings in the 1st Age were extremely powerful, Fingolfin being the physically strongest Elf.

Eh, without Melkor, I would say the deciding beings would be the Dragons, since they themselves almost drove back the Valar's army.

If the Army of the Dead is in this, they also solo. =)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 06:36 PM
King-Fingolfin is currently offline Click here to Send King-Fingolfin a Private Message Find more posts by King-Fingolfin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Question: Which version of 1st age Dragons is actually canon? There is a scene... somewhere... in which Morgoth makes machines that can carry several Orcs that look like lizards. Other machines were designed to crawl and take out walls. Some flew and shot fire. Maybe an early draft of the fall of Gondolin?

Those Dragons would be kickass.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 06:49 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Middle earth destroys America, what are guns gonna do against TRILLIONS OF ORCS AND hundreds OF FIRE WIELDING BALROGS?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! Glaurung would just crawl around and destroy everything, Morgoth with Grond gets shot and it just bounces off, but YES there WERE Maia on Middle Earth, AND the Valar were there to, as they were still within the circles of the world. But Morgoth soloes and destroys eveything in sight. Plus, ooooooh, bombers against TRILLIONS of orcs, AND Feanor and Fingolfin, ooooh Enough said, Middle Earth wins.bunny

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 09:18 PM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is all dependent on how powerful Morgoth is...can he be harmed by our weaponry. However, since he got defeated by sword wielding dudes, I'd say that we could probably take him down.

Numbers might be a big issue though.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2009 09:10 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Yeah, but Morgoth could have improved his armor by then, he takes out some tanks without getting hurt, uses their armor. And i think around say 1.5 million or so vs over 3 trillion, i would bet on the trillions. And dont forget, Balrogs and bullets, the bullets would most likely bounce off. They have like, rock skin or something i forgot. Think hide i know that. And it was generally only Maiar or very strong elves that had been to Valinor that kileld a Balrog, not men, or younger elves, or any of the Deserters.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:28 AM
Incanus is currently offline Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well:

Numbers might be a big issue, but probably only in the billions, NOT in the trillions

This is Middle Earth, NOT all of LOTR, so no Valor or Eru

Balrogs will obviously be quite powerful but I'm still pretty sure that gunpowder can kill them.

Same with Dragons, they won't be that much of a threat.

Still, I'm not sure who will win, thanks to Morgoth being here and the huge number advantage.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 01:32 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Aircraft, Tanks, Artillery, Landmines, Automatic Firearms & Nuclear Weapons vs Swords, Armor, Balrog and Morgoth and Magic - good match. Ground war goes to Earth due to technological superiority. Air war goes to Earth due to the fact that a Dragon can't achieve faster than sound and Dragons do not have missiles. Bullets penetrate armor and landmines blow off legs. Sorry, but Earth wins ground war leaving Balrogs, Morgoth and Magic. Not giving an opinion there.

War Doctor

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 03:38 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

How do u know that Morgoth or some1 hadnt developed magic to stop arrows, which might work on bullets, and it said EVERY inhabitant of Middle Earth in history, i think the orcs would become trillions, as Morgoth had billions by the War of Wrath, as Anfauglith (HUGE plain like, 100000 miles or more) Couldnt hold them all, and there were at least a thousand balrogs. Earth cant produce that many mines and tanks and bombs fast enuf to kill them all. Then they have to deploy them, and blah blah.

Isil

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:26 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wow, this thread brings back unpleasant memories... *shudders*

I have doubts at our abilities to kill gods whose feuds sink continents. The orcs and elves and mortals are no sweat--nuke 'em, shoot 'em, blow 'em up. But if the gods can survive such things, we're toast.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 05:44 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

True, so very true..... orcs are nothing, but an argument of the Valar can sink Beleriand after 1 big battle, and i dont think America can win if its under the oceans surface, where Ulmo can still attack it........

Isil

Old Post Jul 11th, 2009 07:10 PM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Logistics anyone? How will they provide food/supplies for the trillions of orcs and free species?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2009 12:43 AM
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Incanus
True, so very true..... orcs are nothing, but an argument of the Valar can sink Beleriand after 1 big battle, and i dont think America can win if its under the oceans surface, where Ulmo can still attack it........

Dude the OP said that the Valar except for Morgoth aren't allowed.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 12:40 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Logistics anyone? How will they provide food/supplies for the trillions of orcs and free species?
How did they in Arda? Orcs have no problem. Eat anything they kill and eat their own dead. Elves apparently don't need much. And Men can blend in with us and shop at the local Wal-Mart.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 01:45 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
How did they in Arda? Orcs have no problem. Eat anything they kill and eat their own dead. Elves apparently don't need much. And Men can blend in with us and shop at the local Wal-Mart.

Orcs still have to eat, and since there are so few of us (compared to them) and they won't be able to kill lots of us then they'll starve.

Elves still have to eat.

Men in those times look different (sort of), and they'll need money.

Without Morgoth/Sauron/anysupernaturals then we win, but WITH them then I'm not so sure...

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 12:42 AM
Incanus
Istari

Uh, ur forgetting one thing, bullets and artillery will kill orcs in thousands most likely, so we would be giving them a whole lot of food, and elves can eat lembas, men can take money off the human dead ppl so..............

Isil

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 11:39 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Said it in the old thread...Will say it in this one...Army of the dead for the win.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 12:04 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote