KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » curb your enthusiasm

curb your enthusiasm
Started by: blalocklover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blalocklover
Akodon

curb your enthusiasm

Probably the best on TV. take as example the premiere of the fourth season, it combines everything you love about this show, Larrry playing dumb without purpose, the Tang name, the wallet etc.
You could post some comparisons with Seinfeld too

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 05:58 PM
blalocklover is currently offline Click here to Send blalocklover a Private Message Find more posts by blalocklover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Curb Your Enthusiasm furthers my arguement that Seinfeld shouldn't have been cancelled.......

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 06:08 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blalocklover
Akodon

At least i used to have reruns every day at 11 PM. You know perhaps it was time to let air to shows like Joey, the OC ....

Seriously, it gives you an idea of the potential, we miss all the characters and would be funny to see them older (in a even more sarcastic mod, if it“s possible)

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:40 PM
blalocklover is currently offline Click here to Send blalocklover a Private Message Find more posts by blalocklover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blalocklover
Akodon

BTW didn't you find almost impossible to explain or told the plot of a CYE or Seinfeld to someone who didn't catch it. It's embarrassing

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 09:04 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Fantastic, my favourite comedy show running right now.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 09:19 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blalocklover
Akodon

what about the last (or current season) the quotes are hilarius, i piss stand up (sp?), they are even better or more sofisticated than Seinfeld

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2005 03:25 PM
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

CYE is heaps funnier than Seinfeld as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes it's predictable in that everything always goes wrong for Larry but that's also what makes it so funny.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 02:31 AM
DarkAge is currently offline Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blalocklover
Akodon

Yeah it's all about a man with 240: unable to behave correctly
or "change" in order to "improve". Yesterday I saw the premiere of the episode where:

He tries to buy some grass, has a "bad trip" kinda gollum-playing- cheryl, hires a prostitute, fight with the usual moron of the week, deals with the possibility to be in a trial... It's a classic in the way that you can't know if the end will be subtle, gross ("she is a hooker"), or pointless. In this episode Larry is wearing a jacket with the "Seinfeld" logo at the back, something that will piss more than one hardcore fan, and I love it.

As I said previously He gives us more quotes than any show, "the good Hodgkins" is excellent.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 07:11 PM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I think this programme is excellent, one of the funniest ever, along with Seinfeld and Arrested Development.

Lets start a bring back Seinfeld campaign, hahahah, they brought Family Guy back after it was cancelled because of the immense DVD sales, lets hope they do the same with seinfeld, although i dont think they will.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 12:51 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scott hiwersh

I love Curb and Seinfeld. I don't think they should be compared though. The humor is similar but they are different kinds of shows. I think we can appreciate them both without having to choose which is better.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:47 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

I love CYE almost as much as Seinfeld, and that is saying something...
so, so funny

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 11:48 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

such a great show...HBO just keeps cranking out the hits! I'm very impressed with this.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 08:16 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote