KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legends of Tomorrow

Last edited by Badabing on May 24th, 2015 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 11:48 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Weird... Hawk girl is the only one I'm excited for.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2015 01:25 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i'm looking forward to seeing everyone in this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2015 02:43 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

'Legends of Tomorrow'.

terrible.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 09:49 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
'Legends of Tomorrow'.

terrible.

nah its a decent title stick out tongue

Old Post May 7th, 2015 11:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Be warned tons of spoilers in video

I can see tons of future vs matchups ant-man vs atom, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: black canary vs white canary, hawkgirl vs falcon etc

looks pretty interesting

Old Post May 14th, 2015 05:38 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

DC definitely has the TV side of things under control. Marvel has a long way to go but they are winning the cinema.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 14th, 2015 10:41 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Supermutant

I can see tons of future vs matchups ant-man vs atom, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: black canary vs white canary, hawkgirl vs falcon etc

looks pretty interesting

good trailer, i'm excited

Old Post May 14th, 2015 11:43 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I can already tell this beats the Justice League movie and it hasn't even been seen yet.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 14th, 2015 11:58 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

This looks great. I'm actually excited about this one.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 06:49 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Supermutant

looks pretty interesting

Only got around to watching this now, and it looks very promising. If I am honest, this trailer got me way more excited for this spinoff show than the Batman VS Superman trailer got me for Dawn of Justice.

Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: F*** YEAH, the ATOM is finally worthy of the name. And it explains how he survived the blast at the end of season 3 of Arrow. Also love the bit where Cold says "Why did you say that?" and then they get attacked by what appears to be a giant robot.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 09:22 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I guess to avoid confusion, this thread should be renamed DC's Legends of Tomorrow, since it's the name of the new show.

But yeah, looks great so far. Sad that I too will be expecting more out of this than the future DC movies to be done by Zack Snyder.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 12:45 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
F*** YEAH, the ATOM is finally worthy of the name.
"he can shrink now so it's all good."

nah, homie. The costume still looks like shit and he's still flying around like a cheap-ass-oafish iron man.

this characterization is abysmal. erm

And it explains how he survived the blast at the end of season 3 of Arrow.
Not sure how being smaller allows someone to escape the force of an explosion... seems to me the opposite would be true.

Surviving the explosion has to have more to do with his suit than it does with him being small.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 01:54 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by juggernaut74
DC definitely has the TV side of things under control. Marvel has a long way to go but they are winning the cinema.
??? Agents of Shield has been very good lately and Daredevil was amazing.
///
I hope a lot of the fx weren't done in that teaser. That giant foot one in particular looked like Syfy movie bad. I'll check this out though.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 07:31 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

"he can shrink now so it's all good."

nah, homie. The costume still looks like shit and he's still flying around like a cheap-ass-oafish iron man.

this characterization is abysmal. erm

Did I say it's "all good"? Don't pretend to know what I think about a character, based on one statement I made. I am happy because they are taking him closer to his comic counterpart, and incorporating the shrinking into it. Still not 100% happy with him, but it's a HUGE step in the right direction. I meant that statement in that an ATOM that can actually shrink is MUCH better than an ATOM who can't, not that it solves everything. CW Ray Palmer isn't comic Ray Palmer, but so what? He is still likable in the show. The only annoying thing is that they constantly make him the comic relief guy, when he should be the smartest one there.

Many of the characters are very different to their comic counter parts. Look at F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. and how different his powers are to his comic counterpart. No shapeshifting, matter manipulation and all the other crazy crap he can do in the comics. Hell, look at Captain Cold. He is literally evil Michael Scofield with a freeze gun. So not like ATOM is the only one being changed for the show.

Not sure how being smaller allows someone to escape the force of an explosion... seems to me the opposite would be true.

Surviving the explosion has to have more to do with his suit than it does with him being small.

That's the angle they are going for, whether it makes any kind of logical sense or not. And he was not wearing his suit. In fact, it was his suit that blew up. So not sure how the thing that exploded was supposed to save him. They will come up with some explanation as to how the nano tech saved him, as nonsensical as it might be.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 03:59 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Did I say it's "all good"? Don't pretend to know what I think about a character, based on one statement I made.

the one statement is all i had to go on.

F*** YEAH, the ATOM is finally worthy of the name.

...that is all you initially wrote.

Don't pretend other people are supposed to know what you mean based on one ambiguous statement.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:32 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

the one statement is all i had to go on.

...that is all you initially wrote.

Don't pretend other people are supposed to know what you mean based on one ambiguous statement.

Sorry, my initial response was somewhat aggressive. Been dealing with annoying family on a long drive, and am posting off a tablet in a car. So somewhat grumpy today. Did not mean to vent at you. I actually generally like your posts and comments. If you found the statement ambiguous though, ask me to clarify.

But to clarify further, I am just trying to look at the positives here. We're likely never going to get 100% comic accurate portrayals on a tv show, especially not from CW. In terms of fitting into the current Arrow/Flash verse, that version of Ray Palmer works fine IMO. And having him incorporate shrinking/nanotech into the suit brings him closer to his comic counterpart. Like I said, I just wish they would stop making him the comic relief guy so much. Hope this clarifies things a lot more.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 05:20 PM
Darth Thor

Honestly this looks more exciting than anything I've seen from Dc on the big screen side of things. Loving this Shared Tv Superhero Universe.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 01:12 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea this looks sick.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 04:07 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

This show will probably be a train wreck, can't wait to see it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 24th, 2015 04:36 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote