KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Worst case of PIS or CIS (Spoilers)

Worst case of PIS or CIS (Spoilers)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Worst case of PIS or CIS (Spoilers)

I was watching Shooter on Netflix last night (Episode 4) and got so frustrated with what had otherwise been a pretty decent show that I actually yelled at the TV. So, to relieve my feelings I thought it might be fun to start a thread about the worst cases of PIS or CIS that's driven you up the wall in shows.

Obviously, there will be spoilers. So, start your post by stating the name of the show and the episode you will be referring to, so that people can skip that post if they still want to watch the episode. That way you don't have to use spoiler tags for every post.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 06:20 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Shooter (Netflix) Episode 4.

Bob Lee Swagger, the most elite and dangerous trained sniper in Marine history, is being hunted by everybody because they think he tried to kill the president. He fakes his own death and then (as he states in the episode) he starts watching Nadine Memphis, because he knows sooner or later somebody will try to kill her for asking too many inconvenient questions.

Here's what made my head explode: While the assassin (Jack Payne) is busy faking her death after he drugged her, Swagger walks in UNARMED and starts engaging Payne in H2H combat!

There is no way on the planet for this to make sense. Swagger has been watching her, so he knows she is in danger. He has access to weapons. He is an elite sniper. If he wants to keep Payne alive, he can just shoot him in the leg. But no - he decides to forget all his training, disregard all his skills and like some macho man, walks in swinging and kicking. And surprise, surprise - he promptly gets his butt kicked.

The only reason I can think for this is to have Jack Payne stay alive longer because they still have 8 episodes to go and gosh darn it, that means Swagger will just not be allowed to do the one thing he is actually good at doing: Shoot people.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 06:37 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Barry giving up his speed during the 2nd season of The Flash. That was beyond retarded, but it was required for the Speedforce plot later in the season.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 07:27 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Barry giving up his speed during the 2nd season of The Flash. That was beyond retarded, but it was required for the Speedforce plot later in the season.

You know where my mind boggles? How in Episode 15 of the first season they show Barry fast enough to not only dodge lightning, but also fast enough to grab Joe and get him out of the car and clear across the road when the lightning is only inches away from Joe's face. That means he is clearly much faster than lightning, which is measured at around 220,000 mph when striking downwards.

So how in the name of logic does he get tagged so often by things that are clearly not moving at that speed? The only explanation that makes sense is PIS.

Attachment: flashspeed.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 07:45 AM
Arachnid1

Really, just anything having to do with Barry and his super speed fits this thread too

PWNT

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 09:04 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Really, just anything having to do with Barry and his super speed fits this thread too

I wouldn't say everything. For all the bad showings there are, there are also plenty of good ones. Like the lightning bolt save Dreampanther mentioned, or solo'ing like a 100 metas in a few seconds, at the end of s2. Or besting RF & Zoom in the same episode, and embarrassing the Rival during pretty much every 1-on-1 encounter he had with him. Or clearing Nanda Parbat in moments. Or dropping Atom and Firestorm at the same time. Or beating King Shark on his home turf etc. CW Flash is an example of a character that has both extreme highs and lows.

I brought up that specific example because there was literally no good reason, at that point in time in the story, to give up his speed. Wally was safe, and out of the building, and the rest of Team Flash had various weapons pointed at Zoom, plus Barry had the tachyon thing that allowed him to match Zoom's speed at the time.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 10:47 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Possibly the stupidest thing Barry could have done. I was giving color commentary to my wife on how dumb that decision was as it happened on the show. erm

Old Post Dec 11th, 2016 07:22 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Possibly the stupidest thing Barry could have done. I was giving color commentary to my wife on how dumb that decision was as it happened on the show. erm

Yeah, because it was just such poor writing. We eventually see why they had him give up his speed, later in the season (so that he could dip into the Speedforce, and come out even more powerful). But the manner that they went about getting him to that point was monumentally stupid.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2016 02:18 AM