KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Castlevania (Netflix)

Castlevania (Netflix)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Castlevania (Netflix) Warren Ellis

Netflix has announced that it has greenlit an original animated series based on Konami's Castlevania.

The animated series is being developed by Adventure Time producer Fred Seibert's Frederator Studios, with writing from Warren Ellis, the comic book author behind Transmetropolitan, The Authority, Netwave, and Iron Man: Extremis. Castlevania will be produced by Adi Shankar, the guy behind the Punisher: Dirty Laundry and the Power/Rangers fanfilms that everyone loved for being grimdark, alongside Ellis, Seibert, and Kevin Kolde.

The folks behind Castlevania have already blocked out two seasons, one in 2017 and a second in 2018.

"Castlevania is a Netflix Original Series with Season 1 launching in 2017 and Season 2 in 2018. Furthermore, I personally guarantee that it will end the streak and be the western world's first good video game adaptation," said Shankar.

The series will seemingly star a new Belmont, instead of the one of the existing versions.

"Inspired by the classic video game series, 'Castlevania' is a dark medieval fantasy following the last surviving member of the disgraced Belmont clan, trying to save Eastern Europe from extinction at the hand of Vlad Dracula Tepe himself," reads Netflix' synopsis.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 04:30 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i am very excited to watch

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

**** yes. Game of Thrones style. I loved the Lords of Shadow game. I have high hopes and want a Legend of Zelda series down the road.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:42 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Either it will be awful or it will be awesome, there will be no in between with this. Hopefully it turns out well. Though I do find it a very odd choice since the show will no doubt be incredibly expensive to make and it's a bit of a gamble for something based on a game, but hopefully it pays off.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
and want a Legend of Zelda series down the road.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:33 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks awesome. The fact that this is written by Warren Ellis, gives me great faith that it will be.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 01:41 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i'm here for this.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:23 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Adi Shankar the producer for this will also be doing a Assassins Creed Netflix series.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 01:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Will definitely be checking this out!

Gotta finish Twin Peaks first though

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 04:32 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Out today!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 09:44 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'll be watching this tonight!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 10:14 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

four episodes wtf man

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 02:22 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I know I just saw that on Screenrant, Inwas hoping it had more episodes.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 02:29 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i liked this a lot.. however just 4 f^cking episodes... hope the 2nd season will be 13 or more

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 03:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

What the ****? A mere 4 episodes?!

Damn thing ends when it's basically just beginning to start. Pretty good other than that though. I loved the animation.

Last edited by ares834 on Jul 8th, 2017 at 05:20 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 05:17 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Exposition is a little clunky at times but I liked it Trevor was funny and a good character. Way too short though! Great soundtrack as well

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 07:21 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Ha, came as a surprise to me as well! They could easily have made a 90 minute movie, but I suppose they wanted to gain some experience with the episodic format. Anyway, 7/10. I am an anime fan and I think they missed a few tricks they could have used to make the action more exciting to watch, and the voice actors need some more experience. But the writing was solid with a decent plot and characters interesting enough to make me want to see more.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 08:50 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i liked this a lot.. however just 4 f^cking episodes... hope the 2nd season will be 13 or more

It will be 8 they said

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 02:33 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Let me kiss you.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 02:39 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, I found the series boring.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 08:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by -K-M-
It will be 8 they said

it better be or else stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 9th, 2017 03:25 AM