KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Create a cop show

Create a cop show
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Create a cop show

Using your favourite characters, put together an elite team to make the streets safe for Anywhere City.

My picks:

Jethro Gibbs (NCIS) as the Commanding Officer. The Silver Fox has decades of experience and his no-nonsense approach appeals to me.

Ria Torres (Lie To Me) as the interrogation expert. Her training and natural ability make her an invaluable consultant. I would have preferred Dr Cal Lightman but the dynamics wouldn't work - he'd want to be the boss.

Charlie Crews (Life) as the investigating officer. His insight into the criminal mind gives him great insights into the underworld and his unconventional approach rarely fails to deliver.

Dr Joan Watson (Elementary) recruited as his partner. Sherlock would never work for a team, he's too independent, but Joan might be ready to spread her wings and since she's used to Sherlock, she should be a good fit for Charlie. Her special training would be a huge asset.

Steve McGarrett (Hawaii 5-0) and Raylan Givens (Justified) as my special ops team. When everything goes to hell send them in to kick down the door and shoot everything that moves.

Penelope Garcia (Criminal Minds) as the tech and communications expert.

I still need a forensics expert and a medical examiner, but I can recruit them from nearly any lab.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 08:42 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Rule 1 Can only pick one character from a show.
Rule 2 Team must consist of 5 - 10 members.
Rule 3 Must provide a reason for picking a character, like a special skill.
Rule 4 Can't be all-male or all-female.
Rule 5 No animated or anime characters
Rule 6 No sci-fi or fantasy characters (no superpowers)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 09:08 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You posted the stips quite a bit after i'd seen the OP, so i get to stretch things.
Still, i more or less met the criteria.

The buddy cops/beat cops/SWAT team are a package deal, count as one.
Reasons for them being there are listed. In Kolchak's case he's a consultant.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by riv6672 on Oct 16th, 2017 at 09:25 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 09:11 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
You posted the stips quite a bit after i'd seen the OP, so i get to stretch things.
Still, i more or less met the criteria.

The buddy cops/beat cops/SWAT team are a package deal, count as one.
Reasons for them being there are listed. In Kolchak's case he's a consultant.

Aye, fair enough. I only thought of the rules after I created the post, so it's my bad.

My personal observation about your team is that you'll never run out of work, since one half of your team will spend all their time cleaning up the messes the other half creates stick out tongue

Love some of your choices: Columbo, of course, is a personal favourite. Not really a team player but you can always just pair him with a rookie that shows some potential and can take care of the paper work.

Quincey is a genius choice - I would pay good money to see him and Ducky from NCIS meet and work a case together (I would have taken Ducky but I already have Gibbs from NCIS).

Sgt Al Powell is turning me green with envy. I didn't even think of a desk sergeant and I would have loved to pick him.

I suspect you picked a few of your characters more for their entertainment value than anything else but at least as the Director who put the team together you'll never be bored big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 10:19 AM
riv6672

Glad you liked the build, i'd done it a while back, and it seemed to fit the thread.

I actually picked all the characters for entertainment value (thats kinda the point!), but i believe they mesh well.

Sitcom notwithstanding, Barney Miller ran a tight ship. He handled many diverse personalities and got the best work out of his men, had a cool head, could and did get serious when needed.

Having been in the Military, i can tell you there's always someone like Harris (out for himself, willing to screw over others to look good) in an organization. Sometimes high up like him, sometimes down low.

Columbo was never not a team player. He earned his lead detective status, able to go it alone on the more cerebral cases the station might pick up. It'll easily be a mutual respect thing between him and Barney Miller.

Slightly below the straight up mysteries Columbo would be assigned, the rest of the plain clothes detectives really just handle variations on the same type of cases, cop shows being formulaic; its how they as individuals handle the cases that makes things unique.
Starsky & Hutch bring that partners vibe to things, Pepper a woman's perspective, and Hammer a take no prisoners attitude (he would indeed make a lot of paperwork for Miller and Harris, but he'd close cases).

Kolchak as a consultant can easily work with anyone in the station from detectives to uniforms, showing up and providing info from sources the cops might not even think of trying.

Quincey's much the same, able to lend his expertise across the board, and being another mature presence in the station along with Miller and Columbo.

Uniform wise, yeah you gotta have a desk sergeant, and Powell can get the job done IMO. He may be riding a desk but he's done his time on the street.

Malloy & Reed are pretty straightforward in what they're there for. As is the SWAT team, literally street level crimes/large scale shoot 'em ups, which the detectives wouldnt be seen handling on TV or RL for the most part.

Last edited by riv6672 on Oct 16th, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 11:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Really slooow posting morning so, Police Station from Hell.

THE MASTERMIND-CAPT. SEAN RENARD
Transferred to a Wessen free City, Renard goes about doing what he always does, consolidating power and improving his status. To do that he sets up a new inner circle to do his bidding, and solve/gloss over the crimes that helps his cause, while the rank & file deal w. day to day business.

THE DRAGON-DET. JOHN HOBBES
A Denzel character NOT Alonzo Harris. This is John Hobbes, possessed by the fallen angel Azazel. Azazel is looking to protect (his interests, which he’s spent time building since possessing Hobbes) and serve (Renard, a commander who has his own dark agendas).

THE FACILITATOR-WILLIAM BLUDWORTH
Is Bludworth a normal human? Renard’s not sure. The coroner seems unfazed by him, and has no problem fixing evidence and even disposing of bodies. He just smiles and says he’s glad to help. He actually creeps Renard out a little bit.

THE BRUTE-DET. BOBBY HAYES
Undead and refusing to move on, Hayes is more than willing to bust skulls for Renard, in exchange for asylum from the RIPD. He’s not sure what kind of deal his new commander struck w. the afterlife, but he owes the Wessen big time.

THE TOKEN WOMAN-DET. CARRIE WELLS
Having had her show cancelled not once, but three frikkin’ times, Wells figures throwing in w. Renard will at least give her some stability. She keeps all Renard’s records in her head, a repository of dark knowledge that cant be hacked. She also kicks ass on his behalf, and in his bed.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2019 10:58 AM
riv6672

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 01:50 PM
cdtm

A quick and dirty off the top of my head, without really thinking about it:

1. Gilligan's Island: The professor. Brains of the group. He was on a desert island, for gods sake, and managed to make with pretty impressive science.

2. Higgins.

3. Walker: Texas Ranger.

4. Randolph J. "Hurricane" Spencer (From the AWESOMELY bad "Thunder in Paradise". Has the sea covered. And he gets his partner, because like Riv said, package deal buddy dynamic.)

5. Stringfellow Hawk (With Airwolf)

Gonna stop here, work calls.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 11:43 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't create one, but this just reminds me of this pilot for a procedural cop type show from a few years ago. It was like CSI, but with magic. Like they used magic for forensics and stuff. I forget the name.

Wait maybe I will create one. The cast of Mad Men, but they are cops. BOOM!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 11:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
A quick and dirty off the top of my head, without really thinking about it:

1. Gilligan's Island: The professor. Brains of the group. He was on a desert island, for gods sake, and managed to make with pretty impressive science.

2. Higgins.

3. Walker: Texas Ranger.

4. Randolph J. "Hurricane" Spencer (From the AWESOMELY bad "Thunder in Paradise". Has the sea covered. And he gets his partner, because like Riv said, package deal buddy dynamic.)

5. Stringfellow Hawk (With Airwolf)

Gonna stop here, work calls.

Time to tale this seriously.

Hurricane (Played by "Terry" Hulk Hogan) and Bru should have a submersible expert, to coordinate with "Thunder" (Does Thunder break the rules? It's a fairly mundane "futuristic" stealth boat, tbh. Trade it in for a normal boat if you want.) Like a navy seal, but better. So I am drafting:

6. Flipper.

Another thing sorely lacking, is an intel expert. The team needs a spy, and the last person anyone would suspect is:

A horse.

Of course. Of course.

7. Mr. Ed. (And Wilbur as a translator, since he's the only one Ed talks to.)

And it goes without saying, we need someone with ties to the underworld. Every team needs a Han Solo.

8. The Equalizer.

And just because:

9. Jerry Seinfeld. (Because why not?)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 4th, 2019 at 01:28 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2019 01:23 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So weird! laughing thumb up

Old Post Mar 4th, 2019 02:02 AM
riv6672

Went corrupt and sci fi...:

Old Post Mar 6th, 2019 02:26 PM