KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Deadly Class

Deadly Class
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Deadly Class

Syfy has officially announced their cast for Deadly Class, the upcoming pilot based on the graphic novel of the same name.

Deadly Class follows a disillusioned teen recruited into a storied high school for assassins. Maintaining his moral code while surviving a ruthless curriculum, vicious social cliques, and his own adolescent uncertainties may prove fatal. Set against the backdrop of late 80s counter culture, Deadly Class is a coming of age journey unlike anything you’ve ever seen.

The series first received a pilot order back in September, with Marvel favorites Joe and Anthony Russo producing and Riverdale's Lee Toland Krieger directing.

https://www.google.co.za/amp/comicb...yfy-cast-pilot/

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 11:15 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Daaaamn. Good beginning.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 09:48 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

There’s some sort of preview for this on SySy later, i have it set to record.
Not too interested in this tbh, but figure i’ll take a look, see if it changes my mind. thumb up

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 11:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Is this a Mark Miller. It sounds like something Mark Miller would cook up, and his stuff is a favorite for live action adapations.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 02:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

MillAr. thumb up

But no, the comic was by Rick Remeder. It never caught my attention which is why i’m meh about the show, at least until i watch the preview.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 02:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this i'm looking forward to watching

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 04:02 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. SyFy will find a way to frak this up. That and it just looks like just another Tween Drama Bomb Crap Fest with a comic book wrapping.

Total Pass.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 05:29 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Maybe that's the whole point of them being teens.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 05:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^agreed.

Anyway, it (the preview) was ok. My spouse actually said she wouldnt mind seeing where this goes, so i guess it goes on my queue.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 10:56 AM
Flyattractor

Didn't like Tween Drama when I was a Teen. Sure has Hell don't like it now.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 11:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

hadn't seen or heard of if it but those that have seen it here have decent taste in this forum so i'll check it out syfy sometimes cannot get out of their own way

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 09:52 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Didn't like Tween Drama when I was a Teen. Sure has Hell don't like it now.

I never liked teen drama, either. Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, meh..

Ferris Buellers Day Off and Goonies are about the only one's I remember fondly, and I was in my college years the first viewing of the former.

Monster Squad was decent, too.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 02:17 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will watch this on the weekend

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 03:50 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I checked out the pilot episode. Kind of hard to really get a feel for what the narrative plot is in the first episode. It was mostly an establishing/world building/this is this person type episode. It did get me curious enough that I will give another episode a go.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:02 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I never liked teen drama, either. Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, meh..

Ferris Buellers Day Off and Goonies are about the only one's I remember fondly, and I was in my college years the first viewing of the former.

Monster Squad was decent, too.

Ugh. Loved Goonies when I was 12. Now that I am an adult. Can't Stand it... cause all I can see are Screaming 12 year olds.

God kids are annoying.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:49 AM
riv6672

^^^i have NEVER liked Goonies.

Monster Squad was the BOMB!!!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 10:25 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

first show was pretty good, but wanted a little more

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 11:15 PM
riv6672

^^^Well then it did its job, yeah?

(please log in to view the image)

I’m fairly interested in where it goes from where ep1 leaves off. My spouse moreso.
Thats the mark of a good ep.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 04:54 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Sigh. I quite liked the first episode and thought the show had potential, but after the second I'm concluding it's all flash and no substance. It's just, "Whuaaaah, we're really angry at the world because it's unfair so we are going to kill people!"

Apart from Henry Rollins's character there's not one character that I really like, including the MC.

It's just another teen drama, except with poison and ninja stars.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2019 08:04 AM
riv6672

I got more the opposite impression.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2019 10:25 AM