KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Good Omens

Good Omens
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good Omens

So the first season is out. I've watched the first episode so far and I'm really enjoying it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 09:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So how many seasons are they planning to get out of the book? Or is it just Book In Name Only like the Dirk Gently Show?

And before you say anything... I DID READ THE BOOK! Both actually

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 10:17 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Watched the first Episode....Didn't wow me.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2019 04:57 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Three Episodes in and it is still meh.. I am reminded that the Book was pretty much slow burn to a not worth it pay off. That and Terry Pratchet was trying really hard to channel his inner Douglas Adams with this.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2019 05:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm just starting the fifth episode. I like it, though it has its issues. If not for the two leads (both are charismatic as hell), it would be much weaker, and it follows a few tropes I think are a bit too common nowadays.

On the whole, I think it's a good show, but not nearly the best thing going right now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 01:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Worth One Watch but not worth going back for a second... And they could have done better for Asapheal then Michael Sheen. Book Azaph wasn't such a wimpy Poof.. He was a Poof but not a wimpy one.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 05:29 PM
Flyattractor

Well that was a big load of nothing....but then so was the book.

Total meh.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 10:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been slow watching this, but it is good. I admit it starts out slow, but I still enjoyed the first few episodes. With that said...it does really pick up once you get to the third episode. I'm on episode 5 now.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 02:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Onl thing I can't remember from the book is the ending. Does the Show tack on a little bit that wasn't in the book?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 06:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly it's been so long since I read the book I don't know if I'll be able to tell unless there is a major departure lol. I haven't finished the final episode yet.

In other news though, this show has been given a second season and a religious group gathered forth a petition to have this show cancelled and sent it to netflix.

Spoiler alert: the show is on Amazon and not netflix. Lol.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2019 09:57 PM
Flyattractor

Really gotta wonder just WHAT they will do in a 2nd season seeing as how they Literally covered everything in the book.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2019 02:35 AM