KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Rate the TV show: The Walking Dead

Rate the TV show: The Walking Dead
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rate the TV show: The Walking Dead

How would you rate this AMC TV show and its early to current seasons. What moments in the series did you feel get strong with good writing to very lazy forced scenes where they do not even try. Did the dragged out filler for the sake of filler make fans feel bored or add more to the story.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2019 03:38 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never could get into it, but then I'm usually not big on zombie stuff.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2019 10:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Early seasons were good probably up until the Governor/Prison SDCC

Then it all went downhill rapidly after that

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 16th, 2019 01:03 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Was the best show on tv at one time...

Nowadays I cant even be bothered catching up on it.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2019 10:06 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Early seasons were good probably up until the Governor/Prison SDCC

Then it all went downhill rapidly after that

The writers failed to make the Governor a true evil person, instead they made him bluff too much and toned him down. The interrogation scenes with Glenn and Maggie felt very forced and stupid. the season 3 finale was awful and a waste of time.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2019 04:29 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

5/7

Though I stopped watching after the episode where Rick departs.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 17th, 2019 07:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I have no idea what the show is like nowadays, but it's probably shit. Season 8 turned any enthusiasm I had left for it into a bullet-riddled corpse. Season 1 is excellent IMO though.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2019 01:42 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

This show felt like it was a mixed bag depending on the writing.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 04:08 PM
Jmanghan

They made a lot of stupid decisions like killing off Carl in a stupid but realistic way, killing off Merle wayyyyy WAYYYYYY too early.

Killing off Jesus, who realistically should've outlived the group.

I don't really see a need to care about anyone except Daryl anymore.

I hate Negan and I always will, even if he sacrificed himself for the group and saved everyone's lives by doing so it still wouldn't redeem him in my eyes.

Rick, Carl, Merle, and Glenn are probably the characters I was interested in the most, but Rick became less interesting over time, Merle was ****ing awesome and easily my favorite character besides Glenn in the show.

Glenn started off kinda dumb and wimpy, but turned into a bad-ass over time.

Also, does anyone else find Daryl and by the time he left, Rick, really annoying? I hated Daryl initially and hated Rick even more later on.

The shows whole tone becomes too bleak, and yeah I get it but the show used to have charm with all these quirky characters, but now everything's always so dark, brooding, and annoying. We need more fun like the show used to have.

Overall, great first couple of seasons, besides the 4 mentioned above I did form a small attachment to the character "Noah".

If you ask me, TWD Video Game, in 1 single season had more character development then a lot of the characters from the main series.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 20th, 2019 04:23 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The Telltale game only had one good/memorable season though; it was kind of a letdown with season 2 and onward.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2019 05:04 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I think back with fondness for season 1. But once the gay little speeches and surprising lack of humanity in the living characters took over, the show stopped having emotional impact.

Every now and then I like to remember Carol saying she "misses her vibrator." There's no humanity or sense of genuine realness in the dialogue anymore. Hasn't been since season 3.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2019 07:16 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Has its moments. Season 1 is great, but when they watered down the governor they lost me forever.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2019 07:20 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Killing off Jesus, who realistically should've outlived the group.

That was so stupid, especially so after Rick left the show. That character had so much potential.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2019 10:21 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Has its moments. Season 1 is great, but when they watered down the governor they lost me forever.

They watered down the governor too much, another thing I've found annoying about this show, it tries to be strong with writing in some scenes then quickly falls flat and becomes very campy and weak. The whole story of Beth at the hospital dealing with a police woman named Dawn was a very bland story.

It does not help when this show can feel like a saturday morning cartoon at times.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2019 03:00 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Season 1 = excellent
Season 2 - 4 = OK
Season 5 and later = pathetic

Frank Darabont did a great job with The Walking Dead (zombie genre mainstreamed in ways unlike before) but AMC fired him after Season 1 because he requested bigger budget and greater freedom in shaping story. You can do the math.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 23rd, 2019 at 07:12 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2019 07:06 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Henry Rollins should have been Negan.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2019 12:40 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The Telltale game only had one good/memorable season though; it was kind of a letdown with season 2 and onward.
I agree but Lee was way better then anyone then any character in TWD TV show.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 12:17 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

This show also suffers from alot of slow filler in the seasons.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 05:26 PM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its not worth rewatching any episodes of Walking Dead from any season. Watching it once is enough and its best to forget about it as its such a chore watching episodes.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 05:16 PM