KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who where the other Anakin's?

Who where the other Anakin's?
Started by: Dmax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dmax

Who where the other Anakin's?

Some of you may or may not know that Casting Director for Star Wars EPII Robin Gurland said that the final decision was a difficult one, because all four candidates were so talented. Who was the other 3?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2001 11:37 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

Dmax, i can give you two of the names, but i'm not sure who the third is:
Ryan Phillipe, (Cruel Intentions) He was too old and he was a bit hacked off when he saw Hayden Christenson's photograph, claiming that was how he looked in his highschool yearbook.
Paul Cattermole, (Pop star) Currently a singer with the group S Club 7, a UK band.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I could be mistaken but I believe that the other was Colin Hanks(Tom's son) and co-star on the tv show "Roswell" I would have like Ryan Phillipe, but he's too small. Anakin is supposed to be big guy, Phillipe just isn't big enough.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 01:23 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

None of the guys from S Club 7 were at the at audition, this was confirmed when they appeared on the Jo Whiley show.

I think the three guys were Ryan Phillpe, Colin Hanks, and Jeff Garner.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

That S Club freak was never even considered. Why would he be? He can't act and looks nothing like the other two Anakins.
The other names I heard were Mark Blucas who plays Riley in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a Hungarian/Australian actor called Rel Hunt.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2001 12:59 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I watched a movie called the "Virgin Suicides" last night, some of you may or may not know but it has Hayden Christianson in it. He only plays a minor role, I didn't even recognize him at first, but its him. He looks smaller than I thought. Oh well, couldn't really learn anything about him from it, but it was kinda cool seeing him in a movie.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2001 01:47 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think Marc Blucas wouldn't appear youthful enough. In buffy he portrayts a 20something and I didn't find him believevable as a student, just as army guy

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2001 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

My other pic would have been Phillipe, but I agree that he seems a little too old for the part. I'd like to see him in SW anyway.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2001 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

Hayden Christenson

Hayden has recently been seen in the TV series 'Higher Ground', in which he played a troubled teenager into drugs and whatnot,he was one of the main players on the show and from what i saw, i think that GL has made a superb choice, the kid can really act! I can think of no one better to bring Anakin's fall from grace to reality after witnessing his performance in this show.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2001 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I've been watching that too and I agree. He is the perfect choice.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2001 01:33 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote