KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Magic of Myth Exhibit in Chicago

The Magic of Myth Exhibit in Chicago
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

The Magic of Myth Exhibit in Chicago

On vacation this week to visit my family in Chicago, I decided to check out the Field Muesum to see all the memorbila from Star Wars.When I first arrived the line was very long with a least 75 people ahead of me.While my family waited in line I decided to check out the gift shop.Inside it had mostly Sue the T-Rex objects but they also had some Star Wars books and actual pieces of film from the movies for sale.When I return in line we were about twenty spaces closer.Later some lady announced the tickets were sold out.I like any true fan was pissed.My family then decided then to just check out the other exhibits since we were there and stayed in line.When we finally got there some guy was talking to a lady behind the counter about Star Wars.He was mad because it was sold out.The lady then told him that it wasn't sold out and that he could go to the 4:15 showing.I jumped in and then finally got the tickets.Since we had a few hours to kill I looked around and checked out the dinosaurs and the mummy exhibits.With a hour left I decided to go by the exhibit.There I saw a sign that said "Star Wars Audio head-sets".I then asked a lady when I could buy them and she said around 4.Very excited and anxise I stayed waiting for it to start.When it was time I was one of the first in line.When you walk in you hear the Star Wars music which gets you even more exicted.Once in the first thing I saw was a stormtrooper in a glass case.It was so cool life-sized and all.I then saw 3PO and R2 and just had to take a picture.The costumes were so cool up close.I took many pictures including Han Solo's outfit and Chewie's 7 foot outfit.I also took pictures of Yoda,the lightsabers,the wampa,boba fett,jabba the hutt,darth vader, and much, much more.It was so exciting they had Lando's costume,Luke's jedi costume,Han in Carbonite,a Star Destroyer over 12 feet long,and Leia's Cloud City outfit.It also included Anakin's pod and his pod costume.The head-phones didn't work which really got me mad.Once I left the exhibit I walked into a huge Star Wars store.It was just for the people who toured the exhibit.They had evrything from original posters,magizines,clothes,evrything.When I left I was pretty happy.With having to wait for epi. II it's good to check out other Star Wars events.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2000 03:33 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I caught the event in Washington last year. I admit it was very cool, I'd never seen so many movie props in one place before.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2000 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I've only ever visited one Star Wars Exhibition and that was the one at Barbican Centre earlier on this year. I enjoyed it a lot, although I thought it was a bit short. I loved standing before the great body armour of Darth Vader!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Geesh finally a new response to this.And yes it was very short.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:00 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

What the-!?!?!?!

JESUS! How often do you update this thing?! I only just posted that a few minutes ago!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Re: What the-!?!?!?!

What do you mean?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:09 AM
Darth Daft

Don't worry

Don't worry. It's just that I wrote a post and then only minutes later you'd replied. I thought this was a forum, not a chatsite.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:12 AM
theEvilJedi

Re: Don't worry

I just happened to be on this forum the same time as you.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:13 AM
Darth Daft

Ok then

Ok then. Just coincidence then, eh?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:16 AM
theEvilJedi

Re: Ok then

I guess so.Thanks for updating the old topics by the way.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:18 AM
Darth Daft

Don't mention it.

You're welcome. I might be on here a while, randomly replying to any old posts. I like to be one of those people who end up having hundreds of posts. Long way to go...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:20 AM
theEvilJedi

Re: Don't mention it.

Yeah.It took me about 8 months to reach what I have.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:23 AM
Darth Daft

Oh yeah

@#%$, man, you've had loads of posts! Whats the highest status you can reach? (Ya know, out of Padawan and Jedi Council Member and all that)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 03:25 AM
Dim
Creativity

Re: Oh yeah

I don't think I'm going to comment on this...other to say that something about being off topic and that I've never had a chance to see Myth and Magic sad

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Re: Oh yeah

Jedi Council member is the highest and I can tell you that you don't get on it with that language said.I started to like you and will continue as long as you watch your mouth.And Dim you would love the exhibit.smile Darth the order is Padawan,Knight,Master,and if your chosen Council Member.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 06:49 AM
Darth Daft

Thanx and Sorry

Thanx for the info and sorry for the language, my master. It will not continue...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 11:45 PM
Darth Daft

Once again sorry....

Once again, I'd just like to apologise for my behavior, master. I did not realise that swearing was not allowed on this forum.
And I am grateful that you think I'm ready to take the trials, master.
Do you think there's still hope for me master? Do you think that I may someday become a Jedi Knight? Or even a Jedi Master? Or even a Jedi Council Member?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 01:35 AM
KJ
Sausages

Re: Once again sorry....

It depends on how long you stay here and what you post.
This should really be moved to GDF.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 01:46 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Re: Once again sorry....

Well this was made 3 months ago before GDF was made.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 02:17 AM
Darth Daft

You forgive me?

You DO forgive me Master EvilJedi don't you?
I don't wanna be a problem. Forgive my bad behaviour yes?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 02:52 AM