KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How Did You Become A SW Fan?

How Did You Become A SW Fan?
Started by: Corsie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Corsie

How Did You Become A SW Fan?

I thought it would be interesting to know how everyone became a SW fan because I`m sure everyone has different stories and it will be cool to hear them. So start posting ladies and gentlemen!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Corsie a Private Message Find more posts by Corsie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

my bro bought the OT special edition on vhs...then i jus followed that till episode 1...

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 11:30 PM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

well the first time i saw it i was 8 and i thought it was the best sci-fi film i ever saw and i still do ever since than i acted like i was in the starwars universe. But that was 11 years ago. How did you become one?

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
speiderman

Well actually I started to first know Star Wars around the age of 10. That is when I watched the original trilogy over and over again on video. Then around the age of 14 I got hooked on the X-Wing series books. Ever since then Star Wars has really been one of my hobbies.

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 11:57 PM
Click here to Send speiderman a Private Message Find more posts by speiderman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Good Q Corsi! It was the summer between my sophomore and junior year in high school. I had heard that There was a new sci-fi movie coming out. Now growing up a fan of Star Trek and Battlestar Galectica (yes I know, I've heard it all before) I was psyched to see this new movie. Went on the night it opened, went back on Sat and Sun. I loved it. I loved the effects, the whole "hugeness" of it and most especially the story. After that I never looked back. Everytime a new one came out I was there. I bought all the videos and now have the CD's of 1 & 2. I know there are alot of people who hate the prequels, but I am not one of them. It's possible to be a pure Star Wars fan without dissecting every bloody piece of the movie. It's simple.....it entertains me...that's it...and that my friends is why I go to the movies! Altho, I find as I get older I do get more analytical...for example...if the score of a movie blows it bugs me alot. But I'm proud to say I've loved every tiny minute of these movies and now my kids are hooked. Come next May...I'll be there no matter what! wink

Old Post May 24th, 2004 12:04 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corsie

quote:
Originally posted by LordRevan
well the first time i saw it i was 8 and i thought it was the best sci-fi film i ever saw and i still do ever since than i acted like i was in the starwars universe. But that was 11 years ago. How did you become one?
Actually, I didn`t become one until I was 12. I had heard about SW before and had no interest in it because I thought it was all wars and it was stupid. Then one day my sister was watching Episode 4 and I became hooked even though I only saw part of it. I watched the trilogy countless times and when Episode 2 came out a little while after that I totally loved it. Ever since I have loved all the SW movies and I can hardly wait until Episode 3 comes out.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Corsie a Private Message Find more posts by Corsie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I guess what made me a SW fan was watching ANH for the first time when I was 7. I liked it so much that I made my parents rent the next two movies ESB, and ROTJ. I've been in love with SW ever since.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ravenous
The Stoned DarkLord

The wonders of the lightsaber

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Ravenous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ravenous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I was fascinated with the lightsaber as well, especially when I saw Vader's for the first time in ANH.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

You know, I would still kill for a real light saber even today! I want one like Darth Maul's! Just realised with my previous post that my age is showing! eep! messed

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:45 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yanglike

I was 8 when I saw my first starwars movie ANH on vhs and I dreamt about it all the week after. I was so impressed by this movie, especially Vador, that I keep dreaming about Starwars even these days. At that time I also collected all the figurines and used to bring Luke and Vador everyday with me at school.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:53 AM
Click here to Send yanglike a Private Message Find more posts by yanglike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corsie

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Ravenous
The wonders of the lightsaber
Yah, I definitely loved the lightsabers.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:58 AM
sugarhiguy555

Well, my dad had just bought all the starwars movies and he wanted me to watch them with me. so i stopped playing with my legos and sat down to watch. i was very bored in the beginning of ANH and just sat. then, when obi1 slices that dudes head off in the tatooine bar, thats when i got restless! i couldnt sit still i was so excited!!! i watched and watched and i cried when obi1 died. then when we watched ESB i was so scared of that snow monster!dumdedum, blahblah.... then, the next day we watched ROTJ. best starwars yet! o man. i watched the darth v luke scene over and over and over. my dad bought me those glowing luke and vader lightsabers and i would force my dad to reinact the scene with me. i havent stopped watching since. but that was 8 years ago (im 13). so yeah. Happy Dance

Old Post May 24th, 2004 01:59 AM
Click here to Send sugarhiguy555 a Private Message Find more posts by sugarhiguy555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Wow, wasn't anybody alive when the OT hit theaters??? I feel so old.

I was 5 years old in 1977. I saw a preview for Star Wars on Creature Features, the local late night horror movie show that played on the weekends here in the Bay Area. The clip showed a part of Luke and Han at the Falcon's turrets, shooting tie fighters, "Don't get cocky, kid!". I still remember how awestruck I was. It was all over after that, I was bugging my mom until opening day.

I saw Star Wars at the Old Mill theater in Mountain View CA. The line for the movie went around the shopping center twice.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post May 24th, 2004 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Ok I cant help myself..........wth is OT?

Old Post May 24th, 2004 02:32 AM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Original Trilogy

big grin

Old Post May 24th, 2004 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Creeture LOL GO BACK AND READ MY POST!!! I was 16 when OT hit the theatres...I was there for all of it! lol

Old Post May 24th, 2004 02:35 AM
Kraken
Wraith

quote:
Originally posted by spadesmamma61
Creeture LOL GO BACK AND READ MY POST!!! I was 16 when OT hit the theatres...I was there for all of it! lol

boy you are lucky! thumb up

Old Post May 24th, 2004 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

So, me and Spade are the old folks, huh?

Old Post May 24th, 2004 06:05 AM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

My parents were both into the films. My Mum's a Trekkie...hehe but luckily, they both loved the films. They had them on VHS. I can't remember how old I was, maybe 8 or 9...I'm not sure but I sat down and watched them with my parents and my brother. I simply fell in love. Leia was just SO incredible!! The storyline; the Jedi, the lightsabers...I mean...woah...I just remember enjoying the experience so much. The music for me, was like a window. Lame, I know...but it just opened my eyes to such a wonderful world of music and emotion...I believe to this day, that it spawned my interest in music.
Anyways...when EpI came out, my family went to see it and my love was given new life...laughing All new characters, like Padme and Qui-Gon and a chance to truly see what happened to Anakin. Then came Hayden and with it, the exciting prospect of finally seeing him fall to the darkside. I fell in love with SW all over again.

Woah...sorry for the rambling there people...I can't even begin to express how much I adore these films...

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post May 24th, 2004 07:25 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote