KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » TFN Spy Report-There is another Darth

TFN Spy Report-There is another Darth
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Shocked TFN Spy Report-There is another Darth

This just in from Josh at TFN

There is another Darth ... one we've never heard of before in the Star Wars to my knowledge. How could he tie into the film? If they doesn't appear in person, perhaps the character is part of the backstory? And on a related note, did you know the Journal of the Whills is in Episode III?

hows that for throwing us all for a loop? eek!

Last edited by ~JP~ on Oct 19th, 2004 at 03:28 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:26 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESP07
Sweet Ax

Interesting, perhaps Palpatine refers to the first Sith lord or his own master while talking to Anakin.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:29 AM
Click here to Send ESP07 a Private Message Find more posts by ESP07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

he trying to keep all of us guessing till the movie comes out.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:30 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

what is the journal?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:31 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

NEW CHARACTER! SWEEET! NEW BACKSTORIES! SWEEET!!!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:32 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
passivejedi

GL did say some time back after TPM, that Sidious' keeps running out of apprentices. Im not that all suprised. I hope its true what Josh is telling us. I prefer no backstory and let us see this Darth.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:35 AM
Click here to Send passivejedi a Private Message Find more posts by passivejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

Let's see... there are about 6 responses here... so at TFN, I assume there will already be 13,000. BRB

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

YES!! I love it. Yet another thing to anticipate about EpIII. You can never have enough Darths as far as i'm concerned big grin

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Do they mean we've never heard it in the films? because it could be Bane... They don't have time to show another baddy, Dooku will only be dead a few days before Ani takes his place...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:39 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Surgent
Let's see... there are about 6 responses here... so at TFN, I assume there will already be 13,000. BRB

surge you never fail to make me laugh my ass off!

the Journal of the Whills is the early history of the Jedi and the Prophecy.

Last edited by ~JP~ on Oct 19th, 2004 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:40 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

It might be Bane, or maybe Exar Kun. But that's doubtful. I'm hoping the new Darth is ENTIRELY new. Perhaps Palpatine will refer to HIS MASTER!?!?!

Oh man, the anticipation!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

where'd you hear that? (that's honestly wanting to know, not skepticism) I always wondered what that refered to and I never actually read the whole novel of ANH..

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:43 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

you mean me? Read it somewhere forever ago and Lucas has talked about the Journal of the Whills before.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:46 AM
Morgoths_Wrath

The Journal of the Whills:

At the bottom of the Prologue to A New Hope's novelization is the tantalizing attribution: "From the First Saga, The Journal of the Whills."

This cryptic citation has caused much confusion over the years. The Journal is not a massive tome with a maddeningly low print run that is eluding collectors. Rather, it is a fictitious work from which the Star Wars stories are culled.

The storyline of the entire Star Wars saga has never been printed. It exists in the mind of George Lucas, and in his binders of notes and story treatments. "Originally, I was trying to have the story be told by somebody else; there was somebody watching this whole story and recording it, somebody probably wiser than the mortal players in the actual events," explains Lucas in Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays. "I eventually dropped this idea, and the concepts behind the Whills turned into the Force. But the Whills became part of this massive amount of notes, quotes, background information that I used for the scripts; the stories were actually taken from the Journal of the Whills."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:51 AM
mephistodesigns

So...it isn't a history of the Jedi and Sith?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 03:53 AM
Morgoths_Wrath

no, it is.

Or at least that's how they're going to use it in the movie I imagine. Lucas is taking HIS Journal of the Whills and turning it into a book of knowledge passed on by Jedi and Sith from the past, vast knowledge will probably be in these pages. Perhaps someone will discover the journals...and maybe explain alot of things. History of the Sith, other Darths, etc.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:00 AM
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

cool, another darth

i bet its jar jar.....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:02 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

quote:
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
no, it is.

Or at least that's how they're going to use it in the movie I imagine. Lucas is taking HIS Journal of the Whills and turning it into a book of knowledge passed on by Jedi and Sith from the past, vast knowledge will probably be in these pages. Perhaps someone will discover the journals...and maybe explain alot of things. History of the Sith, other Darths, etc.

ohhh. Okay, cuz I only knew the first part, about it being replaced by the force. That I've heard, it was the other part that didn't compute for me. But that makes perfect sense. Its a kinda cool title, would be a waste not to use it I suppose.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:05 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Another clue from Josh

Tyrannus - NO
Bane - NO

But like Lucas has used "negative" words before, this one holds true. Vader-invader, Tyrranus-tyranny, etc.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:07 AM
Morgoths_Wrath

Very true. I like the idea of the Journal of the Whills, can't wait to see how they use it in the film. As for the new Darth, I’m willing to bet it would be a reference to Sidious's master. Mark my words. But what will his name be? JP is probably right about the negative theme. Any ideas?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 04:09 AM