KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » TFN'S Star wars review

TFN'S Star wars review
Started by: hunchy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hunchy

TFN'S Star wars review

Does anyone know when TFN is posting its Star Wars review? I thought it was supposed to be today...but so far, no news of it...I know this thread won't last long, but I'm very interested in reading it, and I'm sure others are too. In case you didn't know, the guy who runs the site at Theforce.net saw a cut of Star Wars and was supposed to post a review of it on his website today...If you have any news on this, please inform me. Thanks.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 12:36 AM
Click here to Send hunchy a Private Message Find more posts by hunchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

A. If you looked at other sites namely MF you'll find that this review will prolly not happen at all.

b. Josh himself posted something that alluded to that earlier this afternoon at TFN.

C. This doesnt need its own thread when you could have just as easily pmed someone about it.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 12:47 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

or a. you answered his question
b. you could've stopped talking and not have to ***** about it
c. but you didn't.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 04:17 AM
Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

*sigh* another **** heard from~funny coming from you when you posted this reply earlier in another section http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...116#post2644116
if that isnt the pot calling the kettle black I dont know what is eek!

Heres the answer direct from TFN

Joshua Griffin Resigns as Editor
Mon, Nov 01, 04 11:59:59 PM EST

My commitment to TheForce.Net has grown to accommodate the size of the site - which has been far greater than I ever imagined back in 1998. But after six years I think its time for a change. Today will mark my last day as chief editor of TFN. My strongest motivation behind this decision is my family. I don't want my kids only memory of their father being the back of his head. I'm looking for margin, and this juncture in the life of TFN provides a great chance for me to step away from the site.

I had planned to do a "review of sorts" of Episode III, but in the end maybe it's better to let the movie speak for itself. I'll be right in line with you to see the movie for the very first time, and have to say much of what hasn't yet hit the internet looks really, really promising. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are merely the dominos being set up - Episode III knocks them all down and then breaks them in half.

I'm sure I'll pop into the forums from time to time, and I wish you all a great rest of the journey to Star Wars future. May the Force be with you!

Joshua Griffin
November 1st, 2004

Last edited by ~JP~ on Nov 2nd, 2004 at 04:35 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 04:31 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucasfilm
has a hardon

good for you josh! thinkin' of the kids!

Last edited by lucasfilm on Nov 2nd, 2004 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 04:58 AM
Click here to Send lucasfilm a Private Message Find more posts by lucasfilm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
*sigh* another **** heard from~funny coming from you when you posted this reply earlier in another section http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...116#post2644116
if that isnt the pot calling the kettle black I dont know what is eek!

Heres the answer direct from TFN

Joshua Griffin Resigns as Editor
Mon, Nov 01, 04 11:59:59 PM EST

My commitment to TheForce.Net has grown to accommodate the size of the site - which has been far greater than I ever imagined back in 1998. But after six years I think its time for a change. Today will mark my last day as chief editor of TFN. My strongest motivation behind this decision is my family. I don't want my kids only memory of their father being the back of his head. I'm looking for margin, and this juncture in the life of TFN provides a great chance for me to step away from the site.

I had planned to do a "review of sorts" of Episode III, but in the end maybe it's better to let the movie speak for itself. I'll be right in line with you to see the movie for the very first time, and have to say much of what hasn't yet hit the internet looks really, really promising. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are merely the dominos being set up - Episode III knocks them all down and then breaks them in half.

I'm sure I'll pop into the forums from time to time, and I wish you all a great rest of the journey to Star Wars future. May the Force be with you!

Joshua Griffin
November 1st, 2004

Yes, I said there was another thread about it. I did not continue on about it and be all high and mighty about it as you were saying he should've done this or that.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 05:03 AM
Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Cal there was no high and mighty about it except in your brain. It was like the 7th redundant thread today. That gets OLD.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 05:05 AM
Ripe
I am your daddy!

Come on.....calm down priestess. I've seen you act supercilious on more than 10 occasions.

Sit down for a sec and look at your own backyard before you criticize others.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Ripe a Private Message Find more posts by Ripe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

ok lets look at my backyard shall we? Do I open countless new threads about topics already covered? NO!!! I use the search button thats why it EXISTS. You need to go back over my posting pattern BEFORE you accuse me. I ALWAYS use the search button. When I was new here a made errors but unlike some of these people I LEARNED from them. Apparently we need to juts let peeps post like complete fools. But whatever as soon as the script leaks I'm out of here anyway.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 02:28 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

these pointless threads suck ass in that
they clog the front page of the forum and knock all
the cool discussions back to page 2, just to say
WOOOHOOO LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!!!

i think some people here are trying to win some nonexistant popularity contest,
as if creating a thread is like being awarded a freaking medal.

oh well...*ending rant*

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 03:44 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gangularis

so why don't you let them die instead of bumping them by bitching and complaining about them?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

prolly for the same reason you dont STFU.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 05:50 PM
Lord Darth Gabe
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man...don`t u just love useless threads?

I do...sometimes

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Lord Darth Gabe a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darth Gabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Gangularis
so why don't you let them die instead of bumping them by bitching and complaining about them?

because the damage is done. the interesting threads have already been bumped down another notch. that wont change due to a reply or several replies. you can bump this thread up, down, or sideways and it doesnt matter.
plus, by bumping threads such as this, they stay at the top, so the mods will notice and hopefully close them.

and why are you complaining about me complaining about a pointless thread?

dont you know that it will just force me to complain about you complaining about me complaining about a pointless thread?

then, you'll complain about me complaining about you complaining about me complaining about a pointless thread.

and so on and so forth...and we'll never get over it.
we'll just go back and forth complaining until we are 105, have long gray beards and hunched backs from sitting at the computer too long...do you really want it to come to this?

laughing out loud

Last edited by PVS on Nov 2nd, 2004 at 06:34 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:25 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vorphalack

Redundant threads definitely get old....but I agree that when that does happen people don't need to take it upon themselves to make people feel like idiots. You seem really jaded by the whole thing, Jedi Priestess. I am fairly new here, but I notice that you are pretty much rude and condescending to every single person that makes a redundant thread. I mean are you even a mod? I don't know, since I am pretty new, but if you aren't, then why do you take it upon yourself to do a mods job, and if you are...why aren't you nicer about it and do your job properly?

I'm really not trying to be all in your face about it, cuz who am I, you know? I'm just saying.....what's the point of constantly being sarcastic and rude to people when they are just excited about something? I mean we are all fans here.

I see your side of the fence too. I think people definitely need to be notified of the search feature in a polite, helpful manner. But geez there's no reason to berate someone just because they make a mistake. Thats not going to really make them want to come back and join the discussion again, you know?

Just have fun big grin

-V

Last edited by vorphalack on Nov 2nd, 2004 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:33 PM
Click here to Send vorphalack a Private Message Find more posts by vorphalack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galaxy Ghost
quick and easy death

preistess i have never seen you this mad. im kinda disstresed about it actually. please dont lose your hotness and just relax, be cool....you sexy momma.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Galaxy Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by Galaxy Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

actually, if she cooled then she WOULD lose her hotness laughing out loud

maybe you want her to warm up so she doesnt lose her hotness?
or you want her to chill out so she doesnt lose her coolness?

Last edited by PVS on Nov 2nd, 2004 at 06:43 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 06:37 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by vorphalack

I see your side of the fence too. I think people definitely need to be notified of the search feature in a polite, helpful manner. But geez there's no reason to berate someone just because they make a mistake. Thats not going to really make them want to come back and join the discussion again, you know?
Just have fun big grin

-V

sweetheart any new person who does this gets a "It's ok it happens to all of us" for making a redundant thread. The peeps I have problems with are people that know better. wink there were no less than 5 threads about the teaser trailer for goodness sakes. messed That's just silly.

and DA you are right, lotsa personal stuff going on as well, hence the serious low patience quota lately.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 07:06 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah, well just wait till Thursday when the trailer comes out. I bet we'll be attacked with threads asking for it. I'm guessing it'll be a nightmare.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Not if you are in the happy zone wink wink

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2004 07:08 PM