KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Dooku:" Palpatine & Sidious : Are they the same person ?"

Dooku:" Palpatine & Sidious : Are they the same person ?"
Started by: GCG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GCG
Red Bull

Dooku:" Palpatine & Sidious : Are they the same person ?"

So we know that Palpatine is taken hostage by the separatists in the beginning of the movie :

Does Dooku know that Palpatine & Sidious are the same person ?

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 09:06 PM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Well, he does tell Obi-wan in ATOC that the council is under control by a Sith master. So I would belive taht he knows that palps is Sidious.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

dooku is evil, but also wise. palpatine is using dooku for
that wisdom and not for his strength, as was the case with maul.

and as morridini pointed out...the REAL morridini wink...you forgot his dialogue with obiwan,
about the senate being controlled by darth sidious.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 09:30 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

quote:
Originally posted by Morridini
Well, he does tell Obi-wan in ATOC that the council is under control by a Sith master. So I would belive taht he knows that palps is Sidious.

yeah but sidious could have simply told dooku that he has control of palpatine ; not that he is palpatine

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 10:37 PM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok, its slightly possible, but very highly unlikely.
there would have to be dialogue explaining this,
and a reason why dooku would know the sidious controls
palpatine but that he does not in fact know he is palpatine.

how would it benefit the story?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 03:22 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

no benefit whatsoever; i just find it hard to believe that he knows them as one . there is no clear history of Palpatine .........................guess i''ll have to wait for those history lessons in ep3 between Anakin & Palps

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 04:44 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed- we can be certain beyond reasonable doubt that Dooku knows.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 10:13 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingcoot
Fluid Thinker

I wouldn't doubt the possibility that Palpatine & Sidious are known to Dooku, but the character of Sidious would seem to have the need to keep Dooku out of the whole loop, because after all, you trust no one when you are the emperor on the darkside. Sidious has to make things seem as they aren't for his purpose for his own skin. That is the way of the darkside. It is possible Sidious squirrelled Dooku a little bit.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 01:34 PM
Click here to Send kingcoot a Private Message Find more posts by kingcoot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bartman99

something that always made me wonder
why does dooku tell obi wan the whole truth about sidious? i mean there is no reason behind it, and obi wan doesnt need to be a brain surgeon in order to figure that Dooku tells him about the here and nowand the constitution of the senate and the republic in reality.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Bartman99 a Private Message Find more posts by Bartman99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

Sidious IS using Dooku in a manner which to me looks like he is expendable. Don't forget that Dooku is ultimately betrayed by Sidious. There are a lot of things that make me think that Dooku does not know that Sidious is Palpatine. Sidious has a grand scheme to rule the galaxy, I just dont think he has told Dooku of his entire plan. If so why would Dooku go along with the whole kidnapping thing? He would have to know that he would come out on the wrong end of the deal.

BTW: I like the sig there Kingcoot

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:02 PM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robakin
the first jedi

i have thought that they may not be the same person for a while, it will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:03 PM
Click here to Send robakin a Private Message Find more posts by robakin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedijunky1138
Dark Lord of The Sleepy

They are the same person, I just don't think Dooku knows it.

I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:04 PM
Click here to Send jedijunky1138 a Private Message Find more posts by jedijunky1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingcoot
Fluid Thinker

The deals of the darkside always get worse by the moment. Ask Billy Dee Williams. (Lando Calrission)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:13 PM
Click here to Send kingcoot a Private Message Find more posts by kingcoot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

are you kidding me? GL himself said they are the same person, he also said that it is THEIR (meaning both) plan to make it look like Palpatine was kidnapped, so they could be together to kill the trade fed and the rest of the confederacy of independant star systems, to get the plans for the death star. Soooo of course Dooku knows, but i dont think he knows he's being set up until palps watches Ani fight him.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bartman99

where did he say that?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Bartman99 a Private Message Find more posts by Bartman99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

say what? that their the same, or that that's their plan? both in intreviews, the one that they are the same, is actually somewhere on the OT dvd set, as well as somewhere else, and the one about their plan, was on an audio interview i got awhile back from SW.com.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i agree with darth subjekt. dooku knows palpatine is sidious but doesnt know hes gonna get betrayed by him.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 12:04 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Does Dooku know that Sidious planned to destroy his clone army in episode 2?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 09:33 AM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Dooku would patently have to be a moron to be in close contact with Sidious and not know his other identity. It just does not track.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 11:19 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Does Dooku know that Sidious planned to destroy his clone army in episode 2?

he doesnt....who do you think are the first breed of stormtroopers? he doesnt want to destroy the clones, he wants them for himself. and i dont think he wants to kill Dooku until he realizes just how powerful Anakin is. and thats something that dooku doesnt bother worrying about cause to him, why would his master just want to replace him? just my two cents.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 04:06 PM