KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Sidious and Yoda's power

Sidious and Yoda's power
Started by: ajrocksteady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ajrocksteady

Sleep Sidious and Yoda's power

I have had some conversations with a few friends who want to remain spoiler free but we have discussed since the trailer sidious using a saber. They feel that it diminishes his mystique and mastery over the force. i personally don't feel the same. they felt the same about Yoda using a saber. I think that the masters just use what is necessary. Who knows...if Luke doesn't throw his saber away in ROTJ maybe sidious pulls his out. But since he did throw it down, he just figured he'd torture him with lightning. Does anyone else feel that Yoda and Sidious' use of sabers diminishes their power?

One

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 11:07 PM
Click here to Send ajrocksteady a Private Message Find more posts by ajrocksteady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Nope. A saber fight would be far more entertaining then a fight using only the force.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ajrocksteady

Thats how i feel. I just wondered if anyone felt like my friends, and if so, how come?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 11:36 PM
Click here to Send ajrocksteady a Private Message Find more posts by ajrocksteady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

no, cause it doesnt matter about just knowledge of the force, cause it would just go back and forth all day, but with a lightsaber, somwbodys getting f***ed up, or at least we can hope. Thats why Dooku said what he did to yoda, if you both know how to use the force, then it'll be a stalemate...just what i think.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Now see, I'd prefer they have no need for sabers. I'd like to think they are above using a lightsaber myself. wink

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:50 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

i can where youre coming from, but, i think it would make more of show to see them both jumping around and moving as fast as they can. I remember someone said Sidious can move so fast you cant see him, just his saber cutting the hell out of you. id like to a little of both, bu ti definitly want it to come down to lightsabers. Cause anyone can weild a lightsaber, but someone truely skilled or talented with the force, can use all those tricks along with the physical dueling.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

only true masters have no use for a saber. so yoda and sidious dont need to use theirs, but of course they will. it will be the single most greatest thing ever to grace the screens of theatre - the greatest sith fighting the greatest jedi.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:11 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SomeGuy57
Just Milk It

When do you think that Sidious has ever needed to use his lightsaber? I think the jedi would hear about some person (Sidous) who used a lightsaber with great skill. Even though Sidious hid his identity, wouldnt the Jedi have heard about a dark lord with a lightsaber unless he didnt use it. Except maybe to train Maul.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 04:01 AM
Click here to Send SomeGuy57 a Private Message Find more posts by SomeGuy57 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

sidious wuold have handled a saber when he was training. yuo cant just turn good all of a sudden. practise makes perfect.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 04:09 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by Mist
- the greatest sith fighting the greatest jedi.

this only holds true if you believe Yoda was the greatest Jedi, I myself think it's Anakin.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 04:45 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

well in the same case, yoda or OB1 never told luke about any sith with a lightsaber. And in TPM, when Maul and Palps were talking, I got the impression that they(sith) have been under the radar or in hiding more or less for quite some time. Also, they didnt know if the sith that was destroyed (maul) was th emaster or apprentice, so IF they had heard about some great lightsaber using sith, they wouldnt know if he was one of the last few that were killed. Remeber, the Jedi are hell bent in thinking that the lightside will prevail, hence beleiving that if there were a mighty sith like that(sidious) that one of their mighty jedi could have disposed of him.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 04:47 AM
Darth_Decimator

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
this only holds true if you believe Yoda was the greatest Jedi, I myself think it's Anakin.

i gotta disagree there JP i dont that believe anakin would have reached his full potential as a jedi when he takes a lava bath , also i also believe that anakin will be a sith at the time of the duel so not even when he takes the lava bath if you get my meaning

Many many thanks to Sir Mist for the Kick-A** Sig ! big grin

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Decimator a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Decimator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Decimator

no offence or disrespect there JP i wasnt takin the piss or havin a dig at ya , just wanted to clear that up big grin

Many many thanks to Sir Mist for the Kick-A** Sig ! big grin

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Decimator a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Decimator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

The lightsabre is a weapon of the Jedi. They channel the force through that blade and are in their primes when using them. True Master's are Master's of all things. Weapons and Powers alike.

Anakin was a gifted Jedi. But no one was as good of a Jedi as Luke Skywalker.
A. He defeated a Sith lord with less than 6 months of actual force training. (This is just a guess from how long he was with Obi-Wan and Yoda)
B. He defeated Darth Vader, something that no one else could do. (Technically not even Sidious, since Vader took him out.)
C. When Luke faces Darth Vader, the ENTIRE light-side of the force is flowing through him.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 07:56 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

The way you say that suggests that there is some finite amount of Force that is divided up among the living Jedi that channel it. I really don't know if that's the case or not, but it doesn't strike me as something that should be quantifiable. The Force, to me, seems more or less infinite.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 09:08 AM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by Mist
only true masters have no use for a saber.

But if yoda can counter dooku's force lightning, then he would be able to do the same for palpy's force lightning as well, so the only way that either of them would be able to gain the advantage in the battle would be by using their lightsabers, as they are more or less able to counter each other's force ligtning.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 10:20 AM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

agrees with the Green Lantern.
I think Palpy will hurl a few lightning bolts at Yoda but like Dooku he will see it's useless and be forced to revert to sabres

Last edited by Batman316 on Nov 15th, 2004 at 12:07 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 12:05 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

agreed

in Ep2 we see that a saberless duel between two masters inevitably leads to a stalemate. yoda could have chosen to hurl stuff at dooku, and dooku would have blocked them.

thats why they had to go to sabers, because that is the real test of a jedi's skills.

i disagree with a poster who says that the jedi's force power flows through the saber. i think it is more like the jedi using the force to know how to weild the saber. the lightsaber itself would have the same power if held by anyone.

through the force, the jedi/sith can predict moves and countermove, which doesnt seem to happen when they simply use the force. the closest we see to a move/counter move is when dooku shoots lightning at yoda, yoda deflects, and then dooku deflects. dooku was surprised, so he was caught off guard.
if not, i get the impression that they could have been there all day bouncing that lightning back and forth like a volleyball.

so imho it seems that that lightsaber is the best means of ending a dispute.
never has a lightsaber duel ended in a stalemate, as we see. there is a winner, and a loser.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 01:46 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
captainmidnight

the reason a duel has to happen between yoda and sidious is to see who the true master of the force is,like so many of you said the force lightning would be blocked by the sabre........and anakin is not the best with a lightsabre, ask obi-wan!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 12:53 AM
Click here to Send captainmidnight a Private Message Find more posts by captainmidnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i think that it probly has to happen story wise as well. if ani knows that yoda was defeated he'll realize that the darkside is stronger. remember when luke asked yoda if the darkside was stronger, and yoda avoided the question? he knew that it was.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 01:07 AM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote