KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » what band should do the imperial march for ep3?

what band should do the imperial march for ep3?
Started by: 5knuckleShuffle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
5knuckleShuffle
Restricted

Account Restricted

what band should do the imperial march for ep3?

i searched for this and none popped up. i stole this from tf.n what band should do the imperial march or dark music for episode 3?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:40 PM
Click here to Send 5knuckleShuffle a Private Message Find more posts by 5knuckleShuffle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
:.Space Opera.:
Restricted

Account Restricted

band? you mean orchestra? rolling on floor laughing the london symphony orchestra. they did all six star wars movies and always do john williams scors because theyre prolly the only ones talented enough to play those difficult peices.

ART is where the legend began...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:43 PM
Click here to Send :.Space Opera.: a Private Message Find more posts by :.Space Opera.: Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
5knuckleShuffle
Restricted

Account Restricted

im talking like metallica. i heard an imperial march by them and it sounded darker than john williams orchestra band

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:44 PM
Click here to Send 5knuckleShuffle a Private Message Find more posts by 5knuckleShuffle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Restricted

Account Restricted

well oh i get it. the metallica one was alright. if you search google you can find a whole bunch of ones performed by dif. bands.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:45 PM
Click here to Send :.Space Opera.: a Private Message Find more posts by :.Space Opera.: Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Why change the classical music!? the LSO have pulled off darker themes beforewink

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah climatic 7ths!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 05:50 PM
eXSBass
Kill the nOObs!

quote:
Originally posted by :.Space Opera.:
band? you mean orchestra? rolling on floor laughing the london symphony orchestra. they did all six star wars movies and always do john williams scors because theyre prolly the only ones talented enough to play those difficult peices.

I'm from London! GO LONDON! GO LONDON! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 06:02 PM
Click here to Send eXSBass a Private Message Find more posts by eXSBass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

No Doubt used to do a sweet version of the Imperial March during live shows.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 07:26 PM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

"what band should do the imperial march or dark music for episode 3?"

I hope this is a joke.

I can play the Imperial March on my guitar - I hate the Metallica and other rock versions, they sound too generic. I just play it note for note, and it sounds way better.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

classical rocksrock

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Oh definitely.

Putting in hard rock music is so boring these days.

It's funny, Star Wars has been doing the classical music thing for over 20 years, and it still sounds fresh, new and revolutionary.

I seriously hope they play the Emperors music during the duel - you know, the same music that plays when Luke beats down Darth Vader in ROTJ - it would make sense considerring the circumstances.

I remember the hairs standing up on the back of my neck during that bit. The music was absolutely perfect.

Use it for THE duel!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Oh definitely.

Putting in hard rock music is so boring these days.

It's funny, Star Wars has been doing the classical music thing for over 20 years, and it still sounds fresh, new and revolutionary.

I seriously hope they play the Emperors music during the duel - you know, the same music that plays when Luke beats down Darth Vader in ROTJ - it would make sense considerring the circumstances.

I remember the hairs standing up on the back of my neck during that bit. The music was absolutely perfect.

Use it for THE duel!

u know what???? u just read my mind eek! i have been demanding that music to be played in episode 3 for a year now. I petitioned about this on the OS and TFN! laughing out loud THAT MUSIC IS MINDBLOWING! gets to me everytime sad

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:03 PM
Red Superfly

It's easily the most appropriate music. Luke attacked Vader in the same way as Anakin assaults Obi-Wan.

I have three kinds of music in my head that I think will be perfect.

1) Emperors music plays for when Anakin assaults Obi-Wan - similar to the Luke/Vader fight mentioned previously.

2) When Anakin is slowly over-powerring Obi-Wan, have that amazingly powerful Imperial March theme (I'm think the Imperial March version that plays just as Han Solo gets frozen in ESB - the buildup is amazing and perfect) playing over it.

3) When Anakin falls into the lava - we hear the Imperial March quickly slow down into the imperial march theme that plays when Vader dies in ROTJ. Imagine Obi-Wan looking down with deep sadness, looking into the lava as that song plays. Powerful stuff.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:12 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

That all sounds perfectwink i think No.2 would be incredible, nice thinkingwink

ROTJ soundtrack is arguably the best soundtrack imho

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:18 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Ive also got this image in my head of Anakin falling with his hand stretched out shouting NOOOO!!!!!! when he falls into the lava - (imagine frodo in LOTR where he catches the ring in slow motion - a bit like that)

ok this is completly off subject, but this topic has fell to pieces anyway
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:23 PM
super pr*xy

there's just something about an orchestra and classical music for star wars. it is pointless to fix something that is not broken. plus metallica sucks and lars ulrich is a little b!tch.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:23 PM
Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

While there are some interesting versions of the imperial march around. (my personal non classical version is the Rage against the Machine one).
Star Wars should stay as it always has been and thats firmly in the classical domain.
Let's see how well for example the matrix sound track sounds in 20 years time! My guess is it will date very badly (especially the 1st film). As star wars films are timeless in one sense it makes logical sense for it to remain classical.
As for the orchestra...... LSO every time.
"But he know-eth not of what he speaks!" I hear some cry. Well as a musicain whos been playing both classical and the heaviest of metal [long story!] for over 25 years, maybe my point of view is slightly more informed from a musical standpoint. Although thats not to say people aren't allowed their point of view, one thing I hate is musical nazi's laughing out loud

Wayne...

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:32 PM
Click here to Send waynerobsonuk a Private Message Find more posts by waynerobsonuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Restricted

Account Restricted

classical rocks

-can i put that on a bumper sticker?

1) Emperors music plays for when Anakin assaults Obi-Wan - similar to the Luke/Vader fight mentioned previously.

-but its the EMPORORS THEME. i think that maybe johnny will compose some sor tof DARKSIDE theme for that.

ROTJ soundtrack is arguably the best soundtrack imho

-yeha its good, but i like ESB soundtrack better.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 08:33 PM
captainmidnight

TOOL could beat metallicas version......

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 12:23 AM
Click here to Send captainmidnight a Private Message Find more posts by captainmidnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Doodoo
The Minimalist

Re: what band should do the imperial march for ep3?

quote:
Originally posted by SMOKE187
i searched for this and none popped up. i stole this from tf.n what band should do the imperial march or dark music for episode 3?

F'in Napalm Death, dude!!! rock [/sarcasm]

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 01:23 AM
Click here to Send Count Doodoo a Private Message Find more posts by Count Doodoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote