KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Those guards...

Those guards...
Started by: Arsenal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arsenal

Those guards...

Those guards in red cloaks that are always around Sidious are pretty cool-looking. Has anyone actually seen them fight? What kind of weapon(s) do they carry?

Last edited by Arsenal on Jan 23rd, 2005 at 03:54 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Imperial guards carry force pikes i think?!

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

word is we will see them in there only ever on screen action in Ep 3... but it just consists of being immediately taken out by Yoda

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Thanks Smoker I didn't know their name til you posted that. I have found this information on them and this thread can be closed now.

Elegance and deadliness --- these are the hallmarks of the crimson-clad Royal Guard that accompanied the galaxy's sovereign at all times. While the guards can trace their origins to the cerulean-clad Senate Guards of the Republic, Palpatine crafted an order of protectors that stood apart from the rest of his forces.

Only the most promising of the Imperial ranks were selected for Royal Guard duty, based on stringent requirements of size, strength, intelligence, and loyalty. A Royal Guard was completely covered in flowing red robes and a sleek, featureless scarlet mask obscures their faces.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Arsenal on Jan 23rd, 2005 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

quote:
word is we will see them in there only ever on screen action in Ep 3... but it just consists of being immediately taken out by Yoda

I heard Yoda deflects Sidious's force lightning at them and they get knocked out. In my opinion that sucks because I would have at least liked something along the lines of Sidious ordering them attack with their force pikes and Yoda knocking out/killing them after they engage in battle.

Last edited by Arsenal on Jan 23rd, 2005 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:05 AM
Gannon
Mild Mannered

they remind me of the "creatures" from The Village. only because of the red cloaks. blink

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:17 AM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

I would be much more scared of an imperial guard then one of those "creatures" from the village. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:19 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Too bad we can't see the guards do a little bit of fighting.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snakebyte

and the red guards were already in episode 2.

Many people didnt notice...coz they are hard to find. big grin

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 08:11 AM
Click here to Send Snakebyte a Private Message Find more posts by Snakebyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you wanna see them fighting read the crimson empire comics.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 08:23 AM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

Et voila

Attachment: images.jpg
This has been downloaded 300 time(s).

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 08:24 AM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

But that's EU.....

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 02:53 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CBright7831

I just wonder what their force pikes shoot out.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 08:44 PM
Click here to Send CBright7831 a Private Message Find more posts by CBright7831 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

They're like spears. They don't shoot anything. They just shock you. I doubt they even get close to hitting Yoda though.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 09:00 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turkish
Charlie du sausages ready

Ya its interesting to watch the transition from royal guard to the imperial guards. In the PM some of Padme's hand maidens were wearing very similar outfits, though you could see their eyes. Eventually this same guard turned into Palp's royal guards in CW. I enjoy the transition from the Nubin guards to the Empire's royal guards, Lucus is doing a really god job of connecting these social and technological advances. As well its neat the see that the Jedi Fighter that anikin will use in ROTS eventually turns in the Empire's Tie-Fighter and the New ship wee see the ARC troopers fly eventually turns in the Rebel X-wing fighter.... good guys ship turns into the bad guys ships and vis versa...nice details for the fans to follow!

Last edited by Turkish on Jan 24th, 2005 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Turkish a Private Message Find more posts by Turkish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

quote:
nice details for the fans to follow!

Not for me. It interrupts my brain waves and in turn causes hallucinations that have to do with me being chased by Boba Fett.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:46 PM
kimmeh
vixen

quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal
Not for me. It interrupts my brain waves and in turn causes hallucinations that have to do with me being chased by Boba Fett.

Well, better Boba Fett than Jar Jar! laughing

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:48 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Jar Jar with a bottle of poppers! arrhhh help! messed

F**k you Loggins

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 05:18 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote