KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why did they have to put in Grevious?

Why did they have to put in Grevious?
Started by: Ess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Miffed Why did they have to put in Grevious?

Ep III is going to be cluttered with fights and everything as it is why make this useless villian that just needs to get killed?

does anyone feel the same way?

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Last edited by Gannon on Feb 1st, 2005 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

No, not really, no.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:18 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth eddie

Grevious is a good idea for a villian but it would have been so much cooler if Darth Maul survived the EP1 duel and we learned some backround on him and used him instead of grevious

the mortician, forever man and it wouldn't
be luck if you could get out of life alive"
axl rose

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:35 PM
Click here to Send darth eddie a Private Message Find more posts by darth eddie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

why did they put maul in? why dooku? hell why chewbacca? he cant even talk.....but seriously WHY JAR JAR!!!!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

Cluttered with fights? I think there needs to be MORE fighting in this movie!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin2Vader

Dooku v Anakin and Obi Wan
Dooku v Anakin
Palpatine v The Posse
Palpatine v Mace
?Mace v Anakin?
Greivous v Obi Wan
Anakin/Vader v Obi Wan
Sidious v Yoda
and more space battles than any other star wars film.... im not thinking clutered... im thinkin thank god GL is doin it right

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Anakin2Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin2Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

I think that Jeff-Man was looking forward to a pollitical thriller (like Clear and Present Danger or TPM) and not an action movie.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

its just that grevious isnt really an important character, so why not get rid of him and make the rest of those fights longer and more story.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Last edited by Gannon on Feb 1st, 2005 at 11:32 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pika122689
Goldmember

I kind wished they gave Tarkin Grievous' role in the movie, but without him fighting of course. Seems like a good place to put him.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 11:45 PM
Click here to Send pika122689 a Private Message Find more posts by pika122689 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CinematicESP

I think Grievous is important because he introduces us to what becomes a layer of Darth Vader. Maul was the Sith apprentice driven by hatred. Dooku was the political leader and Jedi-turned-Sith. Grievous is the cyborg Jedi-killer. Combine them all and you have Vader.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:01 AM
Click here to Send CinematicESP a Private Message Find more posts by CinematicESP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

He may actually be a very interesting character in the movie. Only time will tell. How about Boba Fett? He had a small role in ESB, but he turned out to be a very popular character.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:05 AM
MochaChica
MovieJunkie

Come on...fighting vs GL's ever so Shakespearen dialogue? I'll take the fighting. ROTS should be good, but I want fights. Plenty. Some talking here and there, just to fill in the gaps and such, but lots of fight sequences. And Ani with no shirt...*starts to foam at the mouth*

Happy Dance

Last edited by MochaChica on Feb 2nd, 2005 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:07 AM
Click here to Send MochaChica a Private Message Find more posts by MochaChica Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Duh! All you n00bs are stoopid. General Grievous transforms into teh Death Star!!!!111!1!!!!!!!11!one!!one!!!1!!11!1!!!!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Grievous is the brilliant General who is able to defeat the Jedi; both in tactics and melee combat. He's a great character, and I'm pleased Lucas added him. Even though it was mostly for money.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

I agree with CinematicESP, he does somewhat of an important role, and the way he is built is going to explain how the saome technology that was used to create him will be used to created the darth vader suit.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:36 AM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

I think that Grievous will put the action over the top. A cyborg wielding four lightsabers; I want to see this.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:38 AM
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
General Grievous transforms into teh Death Star!!!!

laughing out loud

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Stop laughing!!! I read EU you know!!! lol ur a n00b for laughing at me!! lol newbie n00b newb.

Bown down to my 1337 hax0r sk177z!

i cant wait till obi-wan turns to da darkside. if u followed the original trilogy like me then you'd know this.

i read EU so i know

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 03:18 AM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaughter

grevious is vary important...and cool..

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Slaughter a Private Message Find more posts by Slaughter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

when grievous loses his children he will ask the emperor to turn him into teh death star. thats why hes important. i've seen it wiv my own eyes cos my cousin works for lucas. i've also met grievous personally and he told me he's fattening up for his role as the death star.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 03:31 AM