KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Does Darth Vader Get Knighted In The Jedi Temple?

Does Darth Vader Get Knighted In The Jedi Temple?
Started by: DarkYoda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Question Does Darth Vader Get Knighted In The Jedi Temple?

The title is self explanatory. I hope he does. It would really be evil if Darth Sidious comes along in the Jedi Temple amongst all the dead jedi and knights Darth Vader on the jedi's own sacred grounds. It would make sense as Obi-Wan watches the hologram in the Jedi Temple along with a holographic recording of all of Anakin's evil deeds also performed there.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 03:29 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Of course it goes along with a spoiler pic most of us are familiar with:

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 03:52 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Here:

Attachment: darth vader gets knighted hologram.jpg
This has been downloaded 364 time(s).

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 03:53 PM
Boris

It would be a really fecked up thing for Sidious to do alright, I like it evil face

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Well the sith probably have trials in which they have to prove themselves, much like the jedi. If it happens after Anakin attacks the temple it would make alot of sense. It's kind of interesting really. In Episode I we see the two best jedi involved in a jedi getting knighted (Yoda confers the level of JK on Obi-Wan) and in Episode III we see the two best sith involved in a sith getting knighted (Sidious knights Vader). Kind of cool actually! cool

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 04:50 PM
mandalorian_war
i used 2 b Grievous_90210

that would be so cool

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 05:18 PM
Click here to Send mandalorian_war a Private Message Find more posts by mandalorian_war Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

a cool idea, but i believe that anakin will be knighted in palps' office
after mace is killed.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 05:32 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

I know common sense would say that the sith have trials like the jedi, but is this ever actually said, shown or alluded to in any star wars media, eu included, I only ask b/c ive never heard of anything I just fig. that they didnt have trials since there were only two of them and if the master took the time to train the apprentice and he didnt think he was worthy hed just kill him? any one have an answer on this?

and PVS i dont think it will be so soon, i think he will be knighted after the massacre. Right after mace is killed it has been said that anakin will be very regretful about what he has done and confused about the consequences of his actions, and only after much convincing does sid get anakin to belive that the jedi are traitors, he would then send him directly to the temple and upon seeing his work first hand would knight him in the temple

Last edited by SithSpy on Feb 18th, 2005 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 06:28 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Doubtful.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 06:44 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

whats doubtful, JP your not elaborating........tsk tsk tsk, what is the world coming to big grin

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 06:50 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Getting knighted in the JT would be pretty.. hm. Different. And evilish. It's always a possibility, since Obi-wan did find the recording there, as the picture attached has shown. I don't see any reason to rule it out as of now.
quote:
Originally posted by jnolan
whats doubtful, JP your not elaborating........tsk tsk tsk, what is the world coming to big grin
...what

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:55 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Doubtful this will happen. ...Im thinking its going to happen in Sideous's quarters.

How's that?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:56 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

oh ok i got ya, but if they are watching footage from the temple how would obi all the sudden tap into sid's private quaters footage, unless sid left it there for them to see...hmmmm......making sense this all is now

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 07:58 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Ok I see how everything got confused.

My doubtful reply was addressed to the original question.

Secondly I dont believe that the Sith "knight" their apprentices. Theya re simply give a title. Such as Count or Darth. If you are trying to go beyond this, then you are straying into EU territory, which has no bearing on the movies.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:02 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

to bring up EU as supposed proof would have no bearing,
but the idea of a 'knighting' is not EU. so there is no proof
besides seeing anakin kneel in the hologram...which could
just be another standard greeting to his master.
but JP, its so very possible, dont believe me?
care to make another wager? stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:07 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Knighted, dubbed, renamed, given a title...it's all semantics...just a play on words...

The meaning I had in mind:

When Anakin Skywalker is actually given the title Darth Vader and vows to be loyal to Palpatine and become a Sith Lord.

I mean they must have some kind of oath or ceremony of some kind.

Last edited by notDeadYet! on Feb 18th, 2005 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:07 PM
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

what about the trials, anyone have anything on sith trials EU or not, i just wanna know if its ever been mentioned

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:09 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont know about EU, but if its not in the actual films,
its not canon. the trials are not canon.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:12 PM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Well we will probably find out for sure in Episode III since it is the first time we actually get to witness someone becoming a Sith.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:12 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

"you dont know the power of the dark side. i MUST obey my master"

maybe this has something to do with it. i think there is way more involved then a name change.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:14 PM