KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Christopher Walken to be Tarkin

Christopher Walken to be Tarkin
Started by: sithmaster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithmaster

Christopher Walken to be Tarkin

I heard alot of rumors about that but don't you think he kind of looks like the actor who played Tarkin in A New Hope?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2000 02:28 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I dunno who Christopher Walken is, sorry sad But whoever does should be a young actor who resembles him. Of course these episodes take place in the past so he needs to be younger.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2000 05:40 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithmaster

Christopher Walken

You don't know who he is?He was in Batman Returns and Sleepy Hollow.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2000 08:47 AM
Bail

Argh!

Not Christopher Walken - anything but that!!!!! Save us from Hammy has-beens and never-wheres!!!!!

Hard to believe you don't know who Christopher Walken is (but count yourself lucky that you don't)Christopher walken has had a fairly long but not exactly illustrious career in B movies and (almost) straight to video films (Dead Zone, Things to do in Denver when you're dead etc), with only the occasional diversion into something that could be described as a moderate success. Imagine an american version of Rutger Hauer and thats Walken!

He'd be even worse for Star Wars than Samual L. Jackson and thats saying something!!!!!

Christopher Walken comes no where close to looking like a young Peter Cushing (for a start he'd have to shrink by a good foot or so!) - If you have to cast younger actors as existing characters stick with unkowns Mr. Lucas, stick with unkowns!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2000 03:55 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

Re: Argh!

I probably have seen him, just don't know his name.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2000 09:28 PM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kris the hutt

Re: Argh!

i think ralph fiennes would make the perfect tarkin,he looks like a young peter cushing

Old Post Jul 15th, 2000 06:56 AM
Xizor

I agree with Kris, Fiennes would be good for Tarken. Gary Oldman would be great to but he's a little to old and well known. Although a scene with him and his Professional co-star Portman that resembles the Leia/Tarkin interaction in ANH would be cool.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2000 07:43 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

How bout...

Gabriel Burne

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2000 08:11 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I think it's Gabriel Bryne, he'd be good to he's a great evil actor. However he's in his mid-forties and dousn't look much like Tarkin. While on that topic, Walken looks nothing like Tarken and the guy's 50 years old.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2000 08:43 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The great Wise Master Brit Hunt

How about

Tommy Lee Jones as Tarkin?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2000 09:40 AM
Xizor

Why must you people keep mentioning actors for Tarken that are old, well known and look nothing like him? Tommy Lee is th worst choice yet. At 55 Jones is practically as old as Tarken is in ANH(early 60's). You need an actor who is Thin, fairly short, hatchet faced and with a fairly prominent nose. Whoever is chosen should be in his mid-30's, no older then his early 40's. Fiennes fits all the catagories and is not very well known, he also sounds like Cushing. Oldmen fits too and he's an accent master. Please no more of this Tommy Lee Jones and Christopher Walken garbage, you're making me sick!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2000 09:41 PM

Ok How about......

Keanu Reeves.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2000 09:35 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Re: Ok How about......

I have the perfect guy. How about Squeak from the movie Baseketball? The one called little *****?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2000 04:32 PM
Xizor

Reeves is also too well known and will be busy on the next two Matrix movies. I'd also appreciate it if unknownbountyhunter stuck to useful advicesmile

Old Post Jul 18th, 2000 02:01 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Why is that not useful? Have you even seen the movie. He looks like the perfect guy for the part, if you haven't seen the movie, pick it up at Blockbuster or something, once you see it you'll understand he is the most perfect little Tarkin.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2000 11:46 PM
Xizor

I've seen Baseketball, that guy looks somewhat like Tarken. He's too retarded and such a bad actor that I could never see him in the role. For that matter whoever plays Tarken must bring great acting skills and serious evil to the character so as not to lessen the brilliant performance given by the late Peter Cushing in ANH.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2000 02:27 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

Unless an actor has played in countless films where he has acted horribly you can never jump to the conclusion that his role in one movie will carry on characteristics to the next. I never really liked Robin Williams untill he played in Good Will Hunting as did I never liked Jim Carrey until Ace Ventura. I think if given the right amount of knowledge and practice Squeak could make an excellent Tarkin.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2000 07:41 AM

Val Kilmer.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2000 09:49 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

He looks nothing like Tarkin.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2000 10:15 AM
Xizor

Brit Hunt, don't make me repeat my feeling on how Tarken should be cast again. Jones, Reeves and Kilmer are all horrible choices. They are well known type cast actors who don't fit the qualifications of Tarken OR the qualifications of a Star Wars actor. Unknownbountyhunter, Ace was Carreys FIRST movie, if you're basing your opinion of him on what you saw before Ace (his stint on In Living Color) then you're doing the same thing I did with Squeak.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2000 01:12 AM