KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » 'Backseat Moderating'

'Backseat Moderating'
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

'Backseat Moderating'

What does Backseat Moderating mean?
Let me tell you. When you post "this thread needs to be closed", "close please", "wrong forum", etc. This is in fact considered SPAM - S.tupid-P.ointless-A.nnoying-M.essages. Another thing on this same train of thought: It's one thing to say "wrong forum" or "close please" but another to say that after someone else has already said it. That's even worse. Don't post if you think the thread is idiotic, just inform a moderator. We're here to do a job, not you.

The following is what to do in certain situations in our humble forums.

Threads in the wrong forum:
If you really must tell another member that their thread is in the wrong forum then please answer their question or have a valid reply before informing them of their mistake.

If one or more members Reports the thread about it being in the wrong forum, we will take care of it. After you Report, go ahead and carry on with the thread On-Topic, act like there is nothing wrong. A moderator will be by soon enough to move the thread to the appropriate forum.

Posting useless comments such as "move please" "this thread needs moving" "why the hell did you post this here?!? does this look like the *Insert Forum Name Here* forum?" only tend to de-rail the topic and cause arguments before the thread is even in the right forum. Thus it will more than likely be closed.

Duplicate threads:
Kindly inform the member there is already a thread on the subject, and re-direct them if you please. Help them out by pointing out the search button.

There is no need to be rude to new members who haven't had the time or experience to learn the forum layout yet. We were all in their shoes when we first joined KMC. Acting like a jerk to new members will make them want to leave and/or act like a jerk right back at you.

If someone posts a comment in a "Duplicate" thread saying there is already a topic then there is no need for everyone else to say the same exact thing.

Once again, if there is a duplicate thread: Report it, or send a PM to the forum moderator or a Global Moderator. We will deal with it by either merging or closing the said duplicate.

Disclaimer
From this point on all 'backseat moderators' caught in the act of doing said actions will get a PM from me. There will be no warnings for this, unless I have to tell you multiple times to cut it out, but I will have some choice words for you.

Here on out I want to see more Reported posts/threads, and less of you guys acting like you own the place. Be kind, inviting, present yourself in a positive way to new forum members. We all want our stay at KMC to be fun and informative. Treat everyone with respect. It's not hard to do.

Last edited by LanceWindu on May 12th, 2005 at 05:58 AM

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:30 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

All hail Ken. All hail Ken. big grin

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:31 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Well said Ken.

I like George.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
umraan
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah i guess so. for about one week. and i never did that!!! wink

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:35 PM
Click here to Send umraan a Private Message Find more posts by umraan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by umraan
yeah i guess so. for about one week. and i never did that!!! wink

Not just for one week.

This forum is still going to be around after May 19th, did you know that???

There will still be new members posting a thread in the wrong spot or members posting threads that most would consider idiotic, duplicate, etc.

This rule applies to the Episode III forum for as long as there is an Episode III forum.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:39 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Ok, sorry, Won't to it again Ken.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:47 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

Originally posted by DarkYoda
All hail Ken. All hail Ken. big grin

Ken Kenobi enforcing the rules with an Iron Fist.

(please log in to view the image)

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:56 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prod
Portman lover

I dont think this thread should belong here...it has NOTHING to do with Episode three really...

some mod lock this!

(Just kidding...lol...wont do it again...thanks for letting us know...:laughsmile

http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Prod a Private Message Find more posts by Prod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Yes my master.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:57 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

laughing out loud

Thanks guys.

Also, if you all really want to help...since I can't be here 24/7 and I can't check every last post since I was last online, if you see someone 'Backseat Moderating' and I haven't replied to them please PM me or report the Backseat Moderating.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 11:58 PM
darthmonkey9206

thanks for bringing this up, i always hated it when people said "close please" sick .

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 12th, 2005 12:18 AM
Click here to Send darthmonkey9206 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmonkey9206 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Hmmm... reminds me of someone with the initials Edit: name dropping removed, oh wait did I say that out loud?

Last edited by LanceWindu on May 12th, 2005 at 01:22 AM

Old Post May 12th, 2005 01:20 AM
Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by cal31
Hmmm... reminds me of someone with the initials Edit: name dropping removed, oh wait did I say that out loud?

I edited this post, removed the member's initials. This is constituted as member bashing in it's own right.

This is another one of the items that has got to stop. Do not publicly denounce another forum member in any way, shape, or form.

There is no need to mention names, what's done is done, get over it. I think I am going to have to be more strict on all of you if you won't stick with the forum rules.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 01:25 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

So to sum up basically, if you have a problem then pm a Ken or another mod, do not bring it up in a thread.

Am I right?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 01:40 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by astrofan428
So to sum up basically, if you have a problem then pm a Ken or another mod, do not bring it up in a thread.

Am I right?

Right.

This way you do not instigate an argument or annoy other members.

To add to my original post:

It's one thing to say "wrong forum" or "close please" but another to say that after someone else has already said it. That's even worse.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 01:45 AM
Hazardous

Re: 'Backseat Moderating'

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

What does backseat moderating mean? Let me tell you. When you post "this thread needs to be closed", "close please", "wrong forum", etc.

if its your own thread.....?

Old Post May 12th, 2005 02:10 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

If it is your own thread...yes, but also send me or another moderator a message so we can either close or move the thread for you.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 02:12 AM
Darth_Vader05
Lord Of The Sith

Thank you master Ken Kenobi finnaly some one has said some thing but like i have said before after May 19th you will not be seeing me around hear and who knows i may return but i wish you all a great stay here at KMC!

Remember the dark side will be with you always.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Vader05 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Vader05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

close this.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 04:29 AM
Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Mortanius
close this.

laughing out loud Hahahaha! No no expression

Old Post May 12th, 2005 04:34 AM