KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Younglings Issue

The Younglings Issue
Started by: The Biker Scout

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Younglings Issue

I thought the slayings of the younglings part could have been cut...It bothered me alot. Other missed scenes could have been used in its place. And I'm psyched about the versions of the Bikers on the speeder bikes during Order 66...That was cool.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:05 AM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I didnt like the youngling scene as is, but I posted in a couple threads what I thought should have been done to make it better.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:08 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

oh man I got goose bumps and I kind of got choked up

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:08 AM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

This is what I posted in the "didnt live up" thread.

The youngling scene was a real letdown and I am not sure exactly why. Maybe because the lighting was very dark and you couldnt see Anakin very well, maybe because the "stone cold look" we heard about wasnt as menacing as he can be. Or maybe because they didnt pick a cute enough kid to talk to him, maybe a little girl woul put more umph into it. I was very suprised by the lack of reaction when this scene was shown.(though my nonSW fan friend did a double take)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 06:11 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Here is the deal. It's rough...we all know that. But I wanted it to be edgy...real edgy. What they had was fine...but what was missing was Anakin kicking some Knight and Padawan @$$ before storming into the council room.

In fact...you could have had a great scene with the Jedi telling the younglings to go hid and then watched them get trashed. THAT would have made the scene in the film more powerful.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:56 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I thought it was great. if he's that evil after turning to the darkside maybe a half an hour (in the star wars time) then it makes it cooler that he is Darth Vader

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

but i'm sadistic enough, i wanted to see him waste the kids

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Me too!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:04 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

thank you!
it would have rocked to see him crushing children with eyes glowing orange, and then some jedi trying to save the kids, but he just punks them with the force choke of justice

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:13 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yup, we needed to see some evil in action. GL already deprived us from the Tusken slaughter. I thik we deserve to see why Vader is such a bad a$$

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:14 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

yeah, like seriously, did Anakin really need the clones? no, they should have patroled the outside while anakin singlehandedly beat everyones' ass

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:15 AM
queeq
Chaos

That'd been nice.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:16 AM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

and it would show everyone why he is Vader, I mean, he's no chump

but in all reality i think he should have turned to the darkside early in the movie, had the duel with kenobi, then as robo vader go after everyone

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:17 AM
queeq
Chaos

I agree. Part of the persuasion should have taken place in EPII and Anakin should have been more the hero we cheer for in AOTC.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:19 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It was a quick and effective way to show him totally crossing over to the Dark side.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:23 AM
Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Effective yes, but credible... nah.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:35 AM
BackFire

Yeah, at this point lucas probably realized he needed to get shit moving, big time, and get Anakin over as evil, and what's more evil then killing children?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:36 AM
Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:40 AM
LanceWindu

I wanted to see them show at least a shot where his lightsaber is about to make contact with the Padawan.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:47 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

lol, that woulda been pretty sweet.

I actually have to give lucas credit, this is probably the most sinister thing he's ever done in a SW film, didn't know he had it in him to even imply children were getting murdered.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:48 AM