KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Non-plot related connections between the Prequels and the Original Trilogy

Non-plot related connections between the Prequels and the Original Trilogy
Started by: Lazerlike42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Non-plot related connections between the Prequels and the Original Trilogy

Hey I've seen some stuff about this so I figured throw it all into one thread. Obviously the plot leads from ROTS to ANH, but insofar as cinematics, props, and other subtleties are concerned, did you notice any? One fellow said that the saber battles seemed slower and more on pace with the OT. Things like that, like the predecessor TIE fighters.... I'll start things off with my own personal favorite:

In reference to the Vader "frankenstein" scene.... I think it's good for one important reason. The concept of Star Wars was always that of the old serials, like Buck Rogers. The OT had a certain aspect of that in it. The PT is very shiny and polished and modern.

One of the biggest problems with the PT is that the atmosphere and the overall style is so modern compared to the OT so it seems out of place. Starting with the Frankensteiny, "Nooo!" scene, everything seems to go back into a more old-fashioned style. ESPECIALLY with that scene. I think it makes a GREAT transition because of this, and I think that's the point. The scene is VERY much in the style of an old serial.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

Ok, some more "connection points"

- YT-1300 Corellian freighters in AOTC and ROTS

- Obi-Wan's Boga sound in ANH

- Obviously, some of the ships like the ARC fighters (X-Wings) and the big battle ships (early Star Destroyers)

- the clone trooper helmets looking a lot more like classic era stormtroopers

- Imperial uniforms during the final Vader/Palp/Tarkin scene

- The Tantive IV (aka Leia's ship in ANH) - nice recreation of the original there.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 12:16 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Yeah, I really liked the star destroyer bridge scene. I wasn't expecting the imperial uniforms, or the fact that the bridge looked like the ones from the OT.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 01:56 PM
Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

And the White halls of Organa's Blockade runner

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:21 PM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

Padme's buns

yes I know how that sounded..... yet I feel I must repeat it

PADME'S BUNS

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:29 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

hmmmmm.....seen Closer?

Anyhow...Yeah, I noticed that the fights seemed more OT as well. Especially Mace/Palps.

The sound Vader's helmet makes when the top dome snaps on, same sound from ESB when his helmet is put back on so he can speak to an officer.

A lot of the dialogue..."So uncivilized"...."Hello there"....were references to older lines.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:37 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Anakin and Obi-wan's Jedi starfighter's looked like prototype TIE fighters, as well as the other fighters that looked like prototype X-Wings.

Obi-wan being called Red Leader during the Battle of Coruscant.

There are lots more, but those are the ones that really stood out for me.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote