KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » GG fans got what they deserved

GG fans got what they deserved
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

GG fans got what they deserved

You know all of this complaining about "I was disapointed in Grevious", you guys got what you deserved.

1. He was not a important charcter

2. You guys have only scene pics of him (most of which were not from the movie) in last couple of months.

You guys seriously hyped about an inaminate character you knew nothing about except what he looked like.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:57 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Eh, we was more of a "Clone Wars" to "ROTS" tie-in anyway. Kind of disposable and overrated, just like Durge who lasted all of 2 or 3 episodes.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: GG fans got what they deserved

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
You know all of this complaining about "I was disapointed in Grevious", you guys got what you deserved.

2. You guys have only scene pics of him (most of which were not from the movie) in last couple of months.

You guys seriously hyped about an inaminate character you knew nothing about except what he looked like.

Exactly! Well put...yes

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:04 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Of course they did, he wasn't a Jedi when I heard about all he had done I was really pissed... Obi showed him though smile

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I qoute JP

"overated bucket of bolts"

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:08 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snehin
Darth wolf

well i guess u hav a point but they still could hav made the fight a bit more interestin like anakin vs obi-one

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:09 PM
Click here to Send snehin a Private Message Find more posts by snehin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snehin
Darth wolf

maybe not as good as tht but a little better anyway

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:09 PM
Click here to Send snehin a Private Message Find more posts by snehin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Last Son
Man of Steel

What are you guys talking about? I was soo looking forward to General Grevious. Come one Sith vs Jedi gets a little old. But here was this cool looking droid who faught with a light saber and could do all kinds of acrobatic moves and kill jedi. He was an interesting character. Maybe not important but cool non-the-less. I was dissapointed in him and if you saw the fighting he did in clone wars, it beats any yoda/sidious lightsaber fight.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:21 PM
Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Obi Wan vs. GG duel was pathetic. All it was was lightsabers flashing across the screen. It was so unbelievable.

GG was uneeded. He should've been cut completely.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:26 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I still haven't seen the movie, I can't say anything.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:27 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Last Son
Man of Steel

You're full of it. Grevious had a key role in bringing about the empire. He was the General of the Seperatests who kidnapped Palpatine and killed a bunch of Jedi. He helped set things in motion. A much needed character who should have kicked more butt.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:29 PM
Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Yeah true... but he didn't kick butt. He sucked. He was a pussy. So he should've gone.

He needed more backstory in the film... it just felt random. I don't like to have to watch a cartoon or read a book in order fro a character to make sense in a movie.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:31 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

If Grievous had been in the previous prequels, we would probably had enjoyed him more.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:33 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

I never, ever had any excitement for GG. I was bewildered by some people's excitement for him when he had yet to do ANYTHING but appear in still pictures. I am not mad about him being in Ep3, i enjoyed him as much as one could from the little bit he did in the film, but he could totally have not been in it (or anything) and it wouldn't even matter.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:33 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Eh, same.

He just needed more background, more things to make him more believable. Even though it is a galaxy far far away, he still needs to be somewhat realistic...

Plus, if you had watched Clone Wars, you were expecting him to be slaughtering Jedi by the handful, climbing walls, being the scariest possible thing ever. Instead, nope!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:34 PM
The Last Son
Man of Steel

Kemzike you would have liked him more if you watched Clone Wars. He had the sickest moves and was almost invincable. True the movie didn't due him much justice. I don't know why. He is a much better character than portrayed.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:36 PM
Batman316
The True Batman

Originally posted by The Last Son
Kemzike you would have liked him more if you watched Clone Wars. He had the sickest moves and was almost invincable. True the movie didn't due him much justice. I don't know why. He is a much better character than portrayed.

hmm..... this is the same clone wars that has Yoda taking on armies of droids single handed? Mace basically able to fly?

IT'S A CARTOON!!!!!!!!

If you expected GG to be just like in the Clone Wars then the whole Order 66 would have failed and the Jedi would have annilated them.

let me just point this out again,

Clone Wars = CARTOON

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Originally posted by The Last Son

I did watch it. HA HAAA! Still don't like him. of course, I don't like Clone Wars all that much anyway. And, to be honest, the movie is the prime source for Star Wars fact, so his portrayal in the movie is "more accurate" than the cartoon.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:04 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i dont see why people are disappointed with him...he was awesome...i loved his little spinning sabers and everything...very coolcool

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:22 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

he was cool yeah people just wanted him to be some huge character with central importance to the story.... I don't see why it's necessary Boba Fett managed to become ridiculously popular given a total of about 10 minutes of screen time over two movies so if someone likes Grievous what's the problem?

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote