KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » palpys face

palpys face
Started by: Darth Jaybo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jaybo
Jedi slayer

palpys face

Hi guys

We see palpys face change in to that we recognise as that of the emporer whilst fighting windu. He claims that this is scarring due to the battle. When we see him as sidius, he also has this currupt face and voice. Is this his true appearance?. Is he like the changeling bounty hunter in AOTC? Or is it a dark side ability to disguise himself?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jaybo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jaybo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

No. The lightning reflected back at him melted his face.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:33 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

its plasticine

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:46 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jaybo
Jedi slayer

what about the voice though?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jaybo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jaybo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

He can do that at command. I am supposing that his non-corrupt voice is his "Look at me, I'm the kindly old Chancellor!" voice, and then when he's done putting up with that ruse, he slips into his "Mofo! I'll wipe you all out..." voice.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:57 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Y-chromo kid

Ah yes papy's face. I was one of those praying those early pictures were somehow not representative of ROTS Palpy. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I scratched my head: how come the Palpy make up was so much better in ROTJ? The special effects were the only trump card the PT had over the OT, and yet modern made-up Palps looked like the victim of a pre-school face painter.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

The voice question was rather stupid. It's like a little kid acting sweet in front of parents and then showing his true colors to his little brother when they're alone..that sort of thing. He put up a front until he was ready to reveal his plans.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obi_wans_beard
Is fulfilling his destiny

One of the problems was that his upper face was too dark, it was severly encased in shadow thanks to the hood. In Empire we can see his eyes and forehead a lot more clearly under the cloak, but in Sith it was very dark and his eyes looked very strange indeed.

I thought that his face reverting to the ROTJ look was because he was using so much power he is unable to disguise his appearance. I think this is backed up by his hands going pasty and his finger nails going sharp and a dirty brown colour (they were all white in Jedi!) this couldn't have been caused by the sith lightning so it just must be his true appearance.

George really should have had Palpatine say a line of dialogue so clarify this to the audience because it is pretty confusing. Something along the lines of "So now you have seen my true face and the power of the dark side!!!!"

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:09 PM
Click here to Send obi_wans_beard a Private Message Find more posts by obi_wans_beard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

The deformed face isn't his true face. It only looks like that because of his own lightning. His hatred was turned back on him, melting his skin. He exerted so much power through his hands that even they changed.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obi_wans_beard
Is fulfilling his destiny

I still think its his true face, otherwise why didn't Luke end up looking like a prune? He had a lot of severe lightning unleashed upon him, nevertheless it will be certainly interesting to the new scenes added to the DVD and Georges commentry.

He really needs to elaborate on Palpatine talking about creating life through the midichlorians, my mate is convinced that Plagues is Anakins father even though I think he died way before Anakin was even born. I think it was just a plot trigger George inserted but never fired, remember Palpatine was going to tell Anakin he was his father!!!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:27 PM
Click here to Send obi_wans_beard a Private Message Find more posts by obi_wans_beard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Sidious01
Sword&WeaponMasterOfGSG

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Delta 62
The voice question was rather stupid. It's like a little kid acting sweet in front of parents and then showing his true colors to his little brother when they're alone..that sort of thing. He put up a front until he was ready to reveal his plans.

I would want to believe that but i really dont...it might be due to the lightning that his voice got really raspy..cause you could tell as he was dubbing Anakin as Vader his voice was deepening and rising and falling constantly as he was trying to speak...i honestly thought the lightning messed up his vocal cords to some extent to where it makes his voice a little raspy and scratchy...but hey whatever makes him sound more evil and reptilian

Sig by Ast

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Sidious01 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Sidious01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EHmasterJedi
Jedi Master

Being there really wasnt any clear reason as to weather his face was melted or if he was just unmasked, becasue we dont know of palpi is lying to the senate or not, Im going to BELIEVE he was unmasked and that hes actualy very old and been around for quite some time, he already had the voice because he used it a couple times before he changed, and to go along with that ill believe that he actualy wanted the lightening deflected back on him so he could put Anakin in a quick desion position, and that he could of took Windu out when ever, after all if he was so weak how did he blown him a half mile out of the window, and how did he blown the saber out of Yoda hand at the end of the duel.

Last edited by EHmasterJedi on May 21st, 2005 at 12:51 AM

Old Post May 21st, 2005 12:49 AM
Click here to Send EHmasterJedi a Private Message Find more posts by EHmasterJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jaybo
Jedi slayer

Looking at TPM and AOTC, when we see him as sidius. Although his face is pretty shodowed, from what we can see of it, it looks really white and wrinkled. he also has the voice then too. I think the human appearance is a disguise.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 09:16 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

At the end of AOTC his skin is smooth as a baby's bottom and perfectly colored.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 09:30 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I posted this in the other thread:

it seems Ian's understanding is that the lightning has nothing to do with it...

http://img287.echo.cx/my.php?image=palps8zt.jpg

"The Emperor you see in the last film looks like he does because he's very old and very evil - it is what he always looked like."

Old Post May 21st, 2005 09:33 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I am still waiting on the guy who said Lucas said otherwise.... the article lends a lot of credence to the idea that the lightning was meaningless, but actors say stuff in interviews all the time that's bogus, and on top of that Ian McDiarmad isn't canon, and the novelization is and supposedly it says the lightning melts his face, so I don't know.... if he can provide a Lucas quote than that settles it, otherwise we may have to wait for the DVD

Old Post May 21st, 2005 09:43 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

And SLJ apparently said in an interview that he wouldn't mind to die as long as he died after defeating a Sith Lord.

Those two support both sides of the argument.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 21st, 2005 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

The fellow in the other thread posted his response, and cited the April edition of Entertainment magazine as well as a televsion interview.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 09:57 AM
Darth Jaybo
Jedi slayer

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I posted this in the other thread:

it seems Ian's understanding is that the lightning has nothing to do with it...

http://img287.echo.cx/my.php?image=palps8zt.jpg

"The Emperor you see in the last film looks like he does because he's very old and very evil - it is what he always looked like."

Nice article. I think this is the answer and one i always suspected, his palpatine appearance is a disguise. The lightning may of unmasked him and stopped him from reverting back to his disguise?? but I suspect it was the outlet of evil that made him show his true colours.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:46 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Originally posted by Darth Jayno
Nice article. I think this is the answer and one i always suspected, his palpatine appearance is a disguise. The lightning may of unmasked him and stopped him from reverting back to his disguise?? but I suspect it was the outlet of evil that made him show his true colours.

No.... Ian can believe whatever he wants it doesn't make him right. Like I said in the Yoda and Mace more powerful than Sidious Poll thread (or whatever it's called) someone cited references quoting Lucas as saying that the lightning melts his face.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:49 PM