KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The honest truth.

The honest truth.
Started by: TheForceSupreme

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheForceSupreme
The Force

The honest truth.

I've been looking forward to see this part of the saga [ROTS] for as long as I can remember, like most of you. I love Star Wars and always have since day one.

I saw ROTS on the 18th and been confused how I feel about it ever since. I feel empty, as though it did not fill that place it was suppose to. When it was done and the credits started rolling I looked at my friend who is also a star wars fan, and we were like..Was that all?

Maybe I expected to much..or maybe ROTS did not live up to the hype it was suppose to be. The fight scenes went way to fast..obi1 vs Ani was the only one I felt had any real meaning. To be honest nothing else in ROTS seemed to matter after the movie ended.

I just hope when it comes out on DVD I will be able to really enjoy it as I should have had. Right now I don't feel all that good about it and that's the truth.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:50 PM
Click here to Send TheForceSupreme a Private Message Find more posts by TheForceSupreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I did think it was a little shorter than it should have been. I felt a bit disappointed, not by the story or the action scenes, but just by the sheer tragedy of it all and the fact that it is all over. In fact, I'm sure that is what it is. Everything fell into place for the most part and there is no sequel or prequel to look forward to. It's all over. Very sad!

Last edited by notDeadYet! on May 20th, 2005 at 10:53 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:51 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

we all felt empty when watching EPI & EP II

& EPIII left me empty also

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:53 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

i dunno i think the end of the movie hinted a sequel to come

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

I think the story sufferd at the expense of effects.

lets face it
the OT was simplar & better

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:57 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TX!
i dunno i think the end of the movie hinted a sequel to come

where ?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:57 PM
TheForceSupreme
The Force

I know how you feel DY. ROTS being the end of the saga has also made me a bit sad about the whole thing.

Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
we all felt empty when watching EPI & EP II

& EPIII left me empty also

I did not feel empty when watching TPM..for ir was the start of many new things. Many new things we did not know and were going to find out. Most of you may hate TPM and have all kinds of excusses for it, I however see it as a major part in the saga. TPM isn't really all that bad.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send TheForceSupreme a Private Message Find more posts by TheForceSupreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheForceSupreme
The Force

I think the story sufferd at the expense of effects.

lets face it
the OT was simplar & better

I agree that the OT had the magic we so loved and fell in love with.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:59 PM
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

TPM
the acting was flat, just like the rest of the prequel trilogy.

the OT kicks the PT ass in terms of acting, and characters

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:01 PM
Crusher
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ready for this? Freind told me that they are working on a series!!! I kid you not. wink

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:03 PM
Click here to Send Crusher a Private Message Find more posts by Crusher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ab2421
Royal Guard

where ?

Episodes 4-6
cool

Click here to Send ab2421 a Private Message Find more posts by ab2421 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheForceSupreme
The Force

the OT kicks the PT ass in terms of acting, and characters

I concur but then again who could even doubt that.

notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Originally posted by Crusher
Ready for this? Freind told me that they are working on a series!!! I kid you not. wink

Yeah... that's OLD news around these here parts. wink laughing smile

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:04 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheForceSupreme
The Force

Originally posted by Crusher

Old news my friend. wink

I will watch it...no doubt ofcourse. The question is...will it be any good, we will only get to see second rate characters.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:06 PM
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

I think that the thread is

THE HONEST TRUTH

the PT is SHIT compared to the OT

now ain't that a surprise

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:08 PM
moviejunkie23

i don't get what people mean by they went to star wars and they came out feeling empty
you don't find god by going to star wars

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:09 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheForceSupreme
The Force

Originally posted by moviejunkie23
i don't get what people mean by they went to star wars and they came out feeling empty
you don't find god by going to star wars

Ohh come on..don't read that deep into it my friend. ROTS is the last one..and it was suppose to deliver..it did not do that for me. Watching Star Wars is not about finding god or anything like that for me. Thank you for making me Laugh Out Loud. laughing

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:13 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Originally posted by TheForceSupreme
I concur but then again who could even doubt that.

I could. The acting was always cheesey except for the "old guys"( like Ben, Palps, Tarkin, and Dooku) Harrison Ford, and Ewan McGregor. The other actors haven't developed enough at the time they made their films. I like all of them. I think the acting and dialogue was always cheesey. Its melodrama, it SUPPOSED to sound like a soap opera. So I let it go. But the effects in all of them are awesome in my opinion. Yeah some of the old ones don't hold up, but I'm not going to get stuck in the mindset that CGI sucks just cause its a different way of doing things. Do you have any idea what these films would have cost if he didn't use CGI? Three or four times what they did cost, CGI is must cheaper and allowed him to make a bigger movie on a smaller budget. And the "Oh I can tell its CGI" is the dumbest arguement ever. Because I can also always tell stop motion and models and matte paintings too. You know why you can tell? Because your freakin' brain knows its not real! I think the plots of Star Wars , the depth of the mythology behind them, and the visuals have always been the best part. And the prequels delivered on those just as well as the OT. So I'm happy with them as a whole and can't wait to watch them all in a row to really grasp it all.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:28 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

Originally posted by mephistodesigns
I could. The acting was always cheesey except for the "old guys"( like Ben, Palps, Tarkin, and Dooku) Harrison Ford, and Ewan McGregor. The other actors haven't developed enough at the time they made their films. I like all of them. I think the acting and dialogue was always cheesey. Its melodrama, it SUPPOSED to sound like a soap opera. So I let it go. But the effects in all of them are awesome in my opinion. Yeah some of the old ones don't hold up, but I'm not going to get stuck in the mindset that CGI sucks just cause its a different way of doing things. Do you have any idea what these films would have cost if he didn't use CGI? Three or four times what they did cost, CGI is must cheaper and allowed him to make a bigger movie on a smaller budget. And the "Oh I can tell its CGI" is the dumbest arguement ever. Because I can also always tell stop motion and models and matte paintings too. You know why you can tell? Because your freakin' brain knows its not real! I think the plots of Star Wars , the depth of the mythology behind them, and the visuals have always been the best part. And the prequels delivered on those just as well as the OT. So I'm happy with them as a whole and can't wait to watch them all in a row to really grasp
it all.

the original point was character & acting of OT vs PT.
condense ur point pls & negate fx

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:36 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

I can say what I want.

Negate your whining pls & ks my bt. thx.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:39 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote