KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » ROTS breaks $50 MILLION on Day One - Breaks Box Office Record!

ROTS breaks $50 MILLION on Day One - Breaks Box Office Record!
Started by: bobafett81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bobafett81

Shocked ROTS breaks $50 MILLION on Day One - Breaks Box Office Record!

(please log in to view the image)

'Star Wars' day 1: A record $50M

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- The final chapter of the "Star Wars" movie saga grossed a record $50 million from its first 24 hours in North American theaters, the highest box office tally for a single day, according to studio estimates issued Friday.

"Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith," the last installment in the six-part epic George Lucas launched nearly 30 years ago, surpassed the previous opening-day box office record set by "Spider-Man 2" -- $40.4 million -- and the $44.8 million single-day benchmark "Shrek 2" grossed in its fourth day of release, according to Exhibitor Relations Inc.

The unprecedented first-day success of "Revenge of the Sith," which opened at 12:01 a.m. Thursday in sold-out theaters packed with costumed fans, sets the film firmly on course to becoming one of the biggest blockbusters of all time.

"We've never seen this before," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box office tracking service Exhibitor Relations. "This is an unprecedented achievement."

At the very least, "Sith" appeared on track to eclipse the $110 million grossed by its immediate predecessor, "Attack of the Clones," through its first weekend three years ago.

"Clones," which also opened on a Thursday, grossed $30.1 million its first day.

Distributor 20th Century Fox, a unit of News Corp. Ltd. , debuted "Revenge of the Sith" on about 9,400 screens in nearly 3,700 theaters in the United States and Canada. The movie also opened internationally.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 08:55 AM
Click here to Send bobafett81 a Private Message Find more posts by bobafett81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Old Post May 21st, 2005 09:34 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

damn thread bunnies are at it again laughing out loud

Old Post May 21st, 2005 09:57 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

We need some contraception....either that or I may be forced to operate.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:25 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Wont get any better Im afraid for at least a few weeks. Viva La Alliance! yes

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:38 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

cool

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:39 AM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Nurse! Bring me fresh gloves and a coffee...and make it a double...this one could be rough.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:40 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

And they worry of internet piracy...a good movie need not worry....only y movies have anything to worry about...but thats MPAA fer ya they only view things in a whole not movie by movie what they are worth...guess its there job but they still suck so bad

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Last edited by Jack Daniels on May 21st, 2005 at 01:11 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote