KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The general public and Qui-Gon Jin

The general public and Qui-Gon Jin
Started by: Naredhel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Naredhel
General

The general public and Qui-Gon Jin

What have people without Star Wars discussions like this one said of Qui-Gon Jin? Because one of my friends just thought that the dialogue meant QGJ was alive... And thinking about it, it does seem a bit like that!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:14 AM
Click here to Send Naredhel a Private Message Find more posts by Naredhel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Interesting...yet another reason to see the shimmering force ghost of the Jinninator. I think Lucas needed to take a step back here and think it though...

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:27 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

It's not his fault he intended to do this and would have liked it just as much as the rest of us, but Liam Neeson wouldn't take part for whatever reason. Not much he could have done about this one I suppose.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

really lazer i thought it was already filmed???

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:03 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

It doesn't matter if it's already filmed the actor can always say no you can't use that, have a contract dispute or whatnot.... I'm not 100% sure but that does seem to be the very general consensus

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

so you heard that it was filmed but cut at the discretion of liam???

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:07 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

That's the word that's around.... I asked some guy if it was confirmed and he said yes but never gave a source

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:08 PM
Darth Bong
Perpetually High

Damn that Liam Neeson, I was disappointed in not seeing Qui-Gon's ghost. smokin'

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 06:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth Bong a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Bong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

yes, this was my biggest dissipointment of the movie i think...

even his voice talking to yoda would have been ok, but nothing kinda pissed me off...

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:39 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
That's the word that's around.... I asked some guy if it was confirmed and he said yes but never gave a source

From around where?? So far I've heard it from.................you.

Sources please.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 08:12 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jengafett

Liam Neeson did record his dialogue. Lucas felt the scene would be redundant because Yoda explains it in the end.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 10:36 AM
Click here to Send jengafett a Private Message Find more posts by jengafett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I heard that Neeson didn't want to be in the films... this is the first I've heard that the scenes were filmed but cut at Neeson's disire...

interesting. Neeson is an ass.

The scene really wasn't very good anyway, so I'm happy...

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 10:39 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

At OT.com they have a quote saying the Qui-Gon cameo will be added as a Deleted Scene. Sounds like it was filmed with more than a voice.

Still waiting to hear on sources saying Neeson wanted it cut...sounds like bullshit to me.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:47 PM
Darth MoonPIE
DarkYoda's Lover

I'll never watch another nesson movie if he didnt want to be in it or had it cut or something...BOYCOT LIAM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth MoonPIE a Private Message Find more posts by Darth MoonPIE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

MoonPIE... if he signed a contract, he can't ditch it
they simply deleted the scenes cause of timerestraint, not because he didn't want to be in the movie

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:24 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

what? everyone saw he was killed in episode one...stabbed in the stomach....and if that didnt kill him he was burned...he was a force ghost on the planet he's dead though (well sort of he still there but not mortal)..so no he is not alive that was not actually in the movie, maybe there was a sceane in it as him being a force ghost but thats it.

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HAROLD

Why wouldn't Neeson want to be in the film?

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:40 PM
Click here to Send HAROLD a Private Message Find more posts by HAROLD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

he probally thought he did a good job in the first and didnt want to ruin it.

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Obi-wan2005
what? everyone saw he was killed in episode one...stabbed in the stomach....and if that didnt kill him he was burned...he was a force ghost on the planet he's dead though (well sort of he still there but not mortal)..so no he is not alive that was not actually in the movie, maybe there was a sceane in it as him being a force ghost but thats it.

he was killed in episode I?!?!?!?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! -in vader's voice-

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

hes a Fool, and George Lucas is an even BIGGER idoit for not telling/explaining to us How the Force Ghost works.

The only thing what remains is the DVD or TV series coming soon, i hope they tell us somthing atleast

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:57 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote