KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Theory about Mace's lightsabre...

Theory about Mace's lightsabre...
Started by: chilled monkey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chilled monkey

Theory about Mace's lightsabre...

When she worked for the Emperor, Mara Jade used a purple lightsabre. Since Mace Windu's sabre is the only one we've seen with a purple blade, could it be that Palpatine gave Mace's sabre to Mara?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 11:28 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

nah everyone makes there own first sabers sept Luke...I read that in a pre phantom menace book bout maul...forget the name though

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 11:35 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

it's just the colour of the crystal Mace used. I keep thinking it should have some significence(sp) but apparently it doesn't

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:25 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

The only reason that Mace's saber is purple is because SLJ asked Lucas if it could be. It's a real world thing, not an in universe thing. *shrugs

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 01:29 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Re: Theory about Mace's lightsabre...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chilled monkey
When she worked for the Emperor, Mara Jade used a purple lightsabre. Since Mace Windu's sabre is the only one we've seen with a purple blade, could it be that Palpatine gave Mace's sabre to Mara?

Mara jade is EU

Lazerlike42 is correct smokin'

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:17 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

When jackson asked that, Lucas should have said "hell no, you'll have a green saber and like it."

What I find similarly interesting to the above theory arises from the question: Where did luke get the crystal for his second saber? In one of the canon sources (radio drama maybe?) Luke is depicted making a saber in Obi-Wan's hut, but we all know that Obi-Wan would have no reason to have a green crystal, since all his sabers were blue. UNLESS, of course, he kept the lightsaber that he used to kill Darth Maul, which was Qui-Gon's. Dunno why, but it strikes me as interesting and symbolic that Luke would use Qui-Gon's force crystal and be guided by ghosts that were enabled by Qui-Gon in striking down Vader, a boy that Qui-Gon discovered.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:41 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pogel
Rubberaliens are fake too

Originally posted by mtryder
When jackson asked that, Lucas should have said "hell no, you'll have a green saber and like it."

What I find similarly interesting to the above theory arises from the question: Where did luke get the crystal for his second saber? In one of the canon sources (radio drama maybe?) Luke is depicted making a saber in Obi-Wan's hut, but we all know that Obi-Wan would have no reason to have a green crystal, since all his sabers were blue. UNLESS, of course, he kept the lightsaber that he used to kill Darth Maul, which was Qui-Gon's. Dunno why, but it strikes me as interesting and symbolic that Luke would use Qui-Gon's force crystal and be guided by ghosts that were enabled by Qui-Gon in striking down Vader, a boy that Qui-Gon discovered.

That's of course nothing that would have been planned by GL, but really like this interpretation!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Pogel a Private Message Find more posts by Pogel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

he could have just found a crystal on some planet somewhere, I dunno where they get them from but he could have gone there. Maybe Ben's ghost told him where to go and how to make it....

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

It's better to make up your own interpretation anyways. Otherwise you end up with midichlorians.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 02:52 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StaR_WarS_4LiFE

what is read in an interview with samuel L Jackson, is that he requested a purple lightsaber to lucas, because he thougt that fits with is character,
lucas found it rather weird but he said "ok"
that is the only right answer on the question: why is mace's blade purple

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:33 PM
Click here to Send StaR_WarS_4LiFE a Private Message Find more posts by StaR_WarS_4LiFE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

EU provides that Luke found all he needed to build his own lightsabers in Obi-Wan's hut on Tatooine. Why Luke uses a green crystal can be explained as Lucas not wanting to lose the glow of the blade on Tatooine's blue sky. wink

Old Post May 21st, 2005 03:45 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Luke founded the new jedi academy...lotsa new sabers... Yoda had already told him which planet and what cave to get the crystals from...He had to go meet all the voices & ghosts of past anyway...lol...(The specific cave and voices ghosts etc.. came from a different book I dont remember the name of)

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

All valid explanations, but I still prefer to think that he used Qui-Gon's crystal. That's cooler.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:45 PM
chilled monkey

Thank you all.

I read that Sith lightsabres use synthetic crystals (red blades), while Jedi use natural ones (blue, green and rarely purple). Mara must have made her's using a rare purple crystal. Makes sense as she wasn't a Sith (so Sidious didn't break the rule of 2).

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:38 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by StaR_WarS_4LiFE
what is read in an interview with samuel L Jackson, is that he requested a purple lightsaber to lucas, because he thougt that fits with is character,
lucas found it rather weird but he said "ok"
that is the only right answer on the question: why is mace's blade purple

In the most recent few interviews that I have seen, he said he wanted to be able to pick himself out on Geonosis.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:41 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote