KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why The Youngling D@mn it

Why The Youngling D@mn it
Started by: Ness

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ness
Dayz'd and confuze'd

Why The Youngling D@mn it

I saw the movies last night. And after the part when Anakin Killed the younglings i got pissed. After the movie alot of poeple i didnt know talked with me about the movies and they agree with me.. The could have left that part to the Droids. dont get me wrong I liked the movie I gust dont like that part..

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Ness a Private Message Find more posts by Ness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

please,dont start on this,lol
the movie is wut it is

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ness
Dayz'd and confuze'd

i dont think they should have put that in there .. i mean they are kids

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Ness a Private Message Find more posts by Ness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ben-Kenobi

they are kids and i know what your saying but its just showing how badly the emperor messed up anakins head

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Ben-Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Ben-Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

i found that scene very important,just to prove wut ben-kenobi said

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:14 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

it shows the depth of his evil, leaving no doubt in your mind that he is in fact EVIL. Good plot point if you ask me. I think they should have shown him waste a bunch of other Jedi too though. That segment was like 20 seconds long. It needed to be longer to have a better impact.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:14 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ness
Dayz'd and confuze'd

i know thats what my friend said.. but still i think they could have had the droids.. I mean i like the dark side but that was over the top Now i know why it was PG-13

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:17 PM
mephistodesigns

i don't get why this is bad to show...he's evil. evil sith kill people. Kids are no exception. if they hadn't shown that everyone would call him a "wuss" or whatever they're whining about poor Hayden these days.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:56 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

I love that scene.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

I might have more of a problem with it if that saber sound wasn't so AWESOME! besides, if it wasn't in the movie, it would be a deleted scene and we'd all be mad a GL for not putting it in.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:02 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Y-chromo kid

I was disturbed by it and that is precisely why it should remain in. Evil, nasty people do evil, nasty things. I'm so glad George had the guts to do it. My heart sank when that poor little kid came up to Anakin asking for help. One of the most effective Star Wars scenes.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Y-chromo kid a Private Message Find more posts by Y-chromo kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterRetro

I thinkt its glorious scene that shows how he has changed by killing inocent and its not like we see him slice their bodies

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:19 PM
Click here to Send JediMasterRetro a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterRetro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

well put! I was always sympathetic to Vader growing up, but when I saw him marching into the Temple I was just like "you piece of crap, how could you do that". And then the kids, just like you said, my hear sank. I wanted to yell "run little kid RUN!"

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:19 PM
DenKi

Ness, you are a Sissy boy or somthing? thatw as nothing Bad. Go and Watch some Horror movies or somthing to get used to it

Old Post May 21st, 2005 08:56 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Why The Youngling D@mn it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ness
I saw the movies last night. And after the part when Anakin Killed the younglings i got pissed. After the movie alot of poeple i didnt know talked with me about the movies and they agree with me.. The could have left that part to the Droids. dont get me wrong I liked the movie I gust dont like that part..

Heres the thing. We all know that darth vadr was a bad ass, but as bad ass as he is, you always say to yourself "he wouldnt kill children though" well now his bad ass-ness is confirmed.

The transformation of anakin to darth vadar was a porrly written and rushed presentation. Killing the younglings was actually one of the only instances where you understand how much anakin has changed. It showed that his humanity was all but gone. Isee you dont have a problem with the decapitations or severing of arms, but the insinuation that ankin kills children is to much? It was a 2 second scene, maybe it is your imagination you dont like, because it diddnt show him killing children

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:07 PM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

The only thing bad about that scene is the stupid youngling...

god I hate child actors...

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:12 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Elmo
& Co.

I thought it was the best part of the whole movie, it really helped show why he went to the dark side, they didn't get the PG-13 rateing because of of the language {LOL}, it showed that Anakin had gone compleatly to the other side of the force, to the point that there was no love, or kindness, or mercy left in him, which is where we get the Darth Vader we all know and love!!
Darth Elmo

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Elmo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Elmo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

The Thing what pissed me off was that after he did ALL the killing in the Temple he just goes back to Padme as if nothing as happened, he didnt seem Dark at all..

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:28 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

Well the reason he asks like nothin happened when he goes to see Padme is because he does not want her to know what he has done, otherwise she will be upset at him and hate him for what he did. She ends up finding out what he did after Obi-wan tells her. Look Ness, the movie was not PG-13 just from taht scene, it is the other violence in the movie too. If there were not that much viloence in the movie and this scene were in it, it still would have been PG. I think it is a very key part to the mive just to show how evil Anakin is. The scene is not violent any ways because we do not see Anakin kill the m at all. Tell me, what would the differnece have been if the troopers had kill them, there would still be some outrage. It is one of the best scenes in the movie.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:53 PM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomnia
Minion

Only after the massacre could Anakin be strong enough in the dark side to achieve the power he believed would allow him to save padme's life.

To not hesitate, to not show mercy, to kill the younglings, all sacrifices that he must make to harness his true potential as a sith.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Insomnia a Private Message Find more posts by Insomnia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote