KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » naming the twins

naming the twins
Started by: darkjedi132

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

Question naming the twins

this part realy ticked me off. it looks like she names them off the top of her head! did this bother anyone else please post your thoughts. i know i cant change it, its just that i was realy dissipointed in this part.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:45 PM
Click here to Send darkjedi132 a Private Message Find more posts by darkjedi132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

um.... well, she probably had thought about it. their was a scene in the book where Anakin and Padme discussed it, but who the heck wants to see that in a star wars movie.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:48 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rubinator
is SYLAR

maybe she was already planning the names if it is a boy Luke if a girl Leia

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:48 PM
Click here to Send rubinator a Private Message Find more posts by rubinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Why does everyone assume that everything that characters in a movie ever do is done on-screen?

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkjedi132
SITH MASTER

yeah i guess, but it still could have been better acting on that part

There is no death, There is the Force.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:49 PM
Click here to Send darkjedi132 a Private Message Find more posts by darkjedi132 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

acting?

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
randi_jedi

Yeah, I was saying that i was dissappointed in Portmans performance. THe birthing scene just didn't ring true. Don't know if anyone here has seen a woman in labor, but, well thats not it. I thought it would have been nice in a less sterile environment, they ARE on the run. Just her giving birth and maybe looking at both of them and naming them together. Luke and Leia. Just sounds better to me. Dunno. Gotta get this outta my system.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:53 PM
Click here to Send randi_jedi a Private Message Find more posts by randi_jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I was saying that i was dissappointed in Portmans performance. THe birthing scene just didn't ring true
and how many births have you been too?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:00 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I didn't take it that she just picked them out of nowhere. The way I took it, Anakin and her had already discussed it, and if they had a girl, it would be Leia, and if they had a boy, it would be Luke, so she had decided already.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 06:06 PM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
randi_jedi

I have been been to 4, watched several and am currently pregnant. My husband is a paramedic and has "caught" right about 4 babies. Any more questions?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 08:41 PM
Click here to Send randi_jedi a Private Message Find more posts by randi_jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: naming the twins

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darkjedi132
this part realy ticked me off. it looks like she names them off the top of her head! did this bother anyone else please post your thoughts. i know i cant change it, its just that i was realy dissipointed in this part.

Aside from the action the entire movie pissed me off. George brought outside writers in for this movie. george failed miserably when trying to recreate the first two star wars, and aside from the action his writers for episode 3 failed miserably.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:09 PM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Elmo
& Co.

Lets think, she is far enought along in her pregancy for her to HAVE the kids, you honestly expect me to beleave that she hadn't thought of names for them??? I know I would have!!!
Darth Elmo

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Elmo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Elmo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

If Anakin and Padme had already discussed it, then would it have been that hard for him to figure out that Leia was his daughter? I mean, when your wife's good friend takes on an adopted daughter that just so happens to be the same age and have the same name as your lost daughter, don't the wheels of suspicion have to start in motion?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:53 PM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Elmo
& Co.

Originally posted by mtryder
If Anakin and Padme had already discussed it, then would it have been that hard for him to figure out that Leia was his daughter? I mean, when your wife's good friend takes on an adopted daughter that just so happens to be the same age and have the same name as your lost daughter, don't the wheels of suspicion have to start in motion?

LOL, good point, I never thought of that!!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth Elmo a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Elmo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spitweety

SO thrue....I was looking forward to see Padme's demise since the Summer TPM came out, I was banned from many many many boards all over the internet for being harsh about defending that Padme's death would happen ONscreen.

But after the movie, I was sad that I did not felt ANYTHING during the scene where she dies.....Basically because she names the babies WAY too quickly for me, com'ON she's about to DIE....embarrasment

Also, what bugs me a little is the angle the camera has when Luke is born...his head is as big as Padme's..... sad

I was definatly not moved during that scene I was looking forward for 6 long years....And that's sad. I guess I had too much expectations, even though I was completely spoiled.

This makes me think : what happened to the Japor Snippet shot given to Obi-Wan when she dies ???!! mad THAT would probably have a little more impact on me if it was not cut.... mad mad

I guess for all these years I had been waiting for this kind of "Victory" over the "Padme won't die camp ", I had imagined a much more dramatic and darker scene for her death...in a less sterile environment...in a ship or something... sad
Well...I guess seeing it in English with the Actor's real voice will probably add more emotions....I saw it in French for the first time ya know.... stick out tongue

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:39 AM
Click here to Send spitweety a Private Message Find more posts by spitweety Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Im sure she had serious thought about .. any new mother thinks and thinks about the name of her kids.. Im sure she had a boy and girl name picked out

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:41 AM
Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

so she knew she was having twins then? Cause didn't seem to me like anyone else was expecting two

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

I seriously doubt Anakin and Padme had discussed what they would name the children. Think about it: He had been gone for the past 5 months, fighting in the war. He didn't even know she was pregnant. When he finally returned, he was being hounded by the Council to monitor Palpatine. Aside from that one scene where she's planning where they'll live and whatnot, they probably didn't discuss it. Anakin wasn't exactly in the mood to take the time to discuss names, as all he was concerned with was finding a way to save her life.

Most likely she decided on her own, if it's a boy, he'll be Luke. A girl, Leia. Coincidentally it was both.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Batman316
so she knew she was having twins then? Cause didn't seem to me like anyone else was expecting two

No no no.

She didn't know whether she was going to have a boy or a girl, so she had two names picked out.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:00 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a stupid droid

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 06:18 AM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote