KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » KID KILLING & redemption

KID KILLING & redemption
Started by: bILLYgOAT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

KID KILLING & redemption

why did Anakin feel the need to kill the younglings ?

as a father,
he should have had a hell of a lot more compassion for human life, especially the life of children.

I just don't buy his sudden unreasonable hatred to justify the murder of infants by his own hands.
Did he think his actions would make Padme proud of him?

tbh
after watching the scene, it makes his redemption scene at the end of ROTJ look cheap, nasty & insincere.

whats your thoughts?

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:21 AM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

I think it just showed how dark he could be.. going to the darkside...

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:24 AM
Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

well, palpy said all jedi are enemies of the republic, so he offed the lil' bastards. he was just consumed by the dark side, and plus he had to make palpy happy if he wanted to learn the way to keep padme alive. you could see the tear on his face at mustafar. he's obviously not really enjoying what he did, he just feels he has to do it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:25 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: KID KILLING & redemption

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
why did Anakin feel the need to kill the younglings ?

as a father,
he should have had a hell of a lot more compassion for human life, especially the life of children.

I just don't buy his sudden unreasonable hatred to justify the murder of infants by his own hands.
Did he think his actions would make Padme proud of him?

tbh
after watching the scene, it makes his redemption scene at the end of ROTJ look cheap, nasty & insincere.

whats your thoughts?

because [SPOILER - highlight to read]: his "master" told him to "Do this" so that they could pursue that so called "secret life-giving ability" that only the dark side was supposedly able to provide... he was doing whatever was asked of him so that he may find out how to save padme, not realising how drastic his actions were [I guess he thought he had tons of time to do these kinds of crazy things] <- did that in case noone wanted to know hehe

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on May 22nd, 2005 at 01:33 AM

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:30 AM
Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

ok
so we agree that his motive was to save Padme, whatever the cost.

I wonder if Padme would enjoy the death of children
ultimately on her hands ?

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:41 AM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

well, he knew how drastic his actions were. the dark side and his fear of losing padme turns him into a crazy mofo, i guess. remember: fear leads to anger, etc....

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:41 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

ok
so we agree that his motive was to save Padme, whatever the cost.

I wonder if Padme would enjoy the death of children
ultimately on her hands ?

ummm...i'm gonna go out on a limb here, but i'm guessing....no. but that's just my opinion. smile

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:44 AM
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

unfortunately,
there is little or no consequence from Anakins terrible actions in the film,

a better writer would have had more moral dilemmas for Anakin, instead of a happy descent into hell, with only a tacky tear-drop on Mustafar as a cheap trade-off for guilt.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:52 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

there was no need for moral dilemma.. after agreeing to do whatever sith lord wanted.. anakin no longer had a sense of right and wrong.. there was .. "padme lives" or "padme dies" and nothing else

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:53 AM
Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

Originally posted by mysterio69
....no.

expand please

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:53 AM
S_D_J
Bane

wasn't he crying before killing them?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 01:58 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
there was no need for moral dilemma.. after agreeing to do whatever sith lord wanted.. anakin no longer had a sense of right and wrong.. there was .. "padme lives" or "padme dies" and nothing else

Anakin was a Jedi for 13 years.
How can you accept that he could murder defenseless children that trusted him.

Anakin deliberated over the destruction of Windu and showed real regret over his killing of a man who genuinely didn't trust him and who was armed and ready
btw
the SITH LORD was screaming for him to kill Mace, and still Anakin deliberated.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx

People are blowing fu*kin gasgets over a one second scene that was not nearly as ruthless as other scenes from star war movies.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:47 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

he killed the younglings because they were jedi prospects, capable of one day becoming full fledged jedi.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theshakl

the darkside is addicting and confuses you
"Once U start down the darkside forever will it dominate your destiny"

its additcing and when you are drugged up..you are not clear headed

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:57 AM
Click here to Send theshakl a Private Message Find more posts by theshakl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

expand please

not much to expand on, really. padme would be devastated if she found out that his murder of the younglings had anything to do with her. not sure what you're asking me to expand on with that one. and as for consequences, well, he gets sliced into chop-liver, then spends the next bunch of years as palpy's lacky errand-boy, instead of ruling the empire...and he lost padme. so, there's plenty of consequences.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:14 AM
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
People are blowing fu*kin gasgets over a one second scene that was not nearly as ruthless as other scenes from star war movies.

what other scenes where more ruthless?

Old Post May 30th, 2005 08:31 PM
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

Think of a Junior School in your hometown

A Cheap crack addicted punk & his gang walk into that school in your hometown and opens fire.
the gang he is with are wiping out the seniors , while he, the CHEAP CRACK PUNK LEADER, wants to murder to children in the junior section by himself.
Every child they see is murdered, or later tracked down and killed

20 years later & Mr Crack is on death row & he has decided to come over to the light side of religion.
Do you Think that Mr Crack should go free, or fry?

Old Post May 30th, 2005 08:37 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

fry

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 30th, 2005 08:47 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
masterwindu
master jedi

and noone will attend his funeral

Old Post May 31st, 2005 09:49 PM
Click here to Send masterwindu a Private Message Find more posts by masterwindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote