KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Pebble in my shoe

Pebble in my shoe
Started by: santo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
santo

Pebble in my shoe

Who then is Anakin's Father?

It is revealed that Plagueis was able to create life by manipulating the midi-chlorians, and through this revelation we are to understand that this was how Anakin was born [Shmi said there was not "father"]

Now, if Plageuis created Anakin, then he did so 11 years before Episode 1. He would be killed sometime after that by Sidious who would then seek out the child. This would make Sidious a Master for less than 10 years and accquiring Maul as his apprentice during that time.

Could it be possible that Sidious created Anakin after learning all that Plagueis taught him? Killing him probably around the time he bacame a Senator [his 30s].

There is no doubt that Sidious' apprentices were merely holding the spot for Anakin [as stated in the Visual Dictionary], who as a Pure Force Sensitive being, he would be the perfect apprentice to the one the Sith Profecy held to be the restorer of the Sith Empire.

Just throwing it out. Ponder it, you shall;Rely to the thread, you may wink

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:14 PM
Click here to Send santo a Private Message Find more posts by santo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Oh my God...this has been discussed to oblivion. Lucas has stated that Anakin has no father, he is created by the midichlorians. Therefore, that is true. Anakin has no father. It isn't Sidious, it isn't Plagueis, it isn't Qui-Gon, Shmi is not a hermaphrodite, R2 did not impregnate her, nothing. Anakin has no father. End of the debate.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:29 PM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nazgūl-lord
Star Wars Junkie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
Oh my God...this has been discussed to oblivion. Lucas has stated that Anakin has no father, he is created by the midichlorians. Therefore, that is true. Anakin has no father. It isn't Sidious, it isn't Plagueis, it isn't Qui-Gon, Shmi is not a hermaphrodite, R2 did not impregnate her, nothing. Anakin has no father. End of the debate.

discussion closed . stick out tongue

big grinExa,Sauron,Kit,A.D,Smodden,MorgulLord,Tassie,pip-foot,Discos,Leggy_N_Merry,Thorondorbig grin

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:35 PM
Click here to Send nazgūl-lord a Private Message Find more posts by nazgūl-lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

How can Anakin have no father? Its because the phrase "There is no father" actually means that Lucas didn't think of one up. Star Wars is NOT real. Its hard for me to say that

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkside_lover

<<NO CommEntX>>My head hurts..

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Darkside_lover a Private Message Find more posts by Darkside_lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nazgūl-lord
Star Wars Junkie

Originally posted by Robin Darkside
How can Anakin have no father? Its because the phrase "There is no father" actually means that Lucas didn't think of one up. Star Wars is NOT real. Its hard for me to say that

the force is anakin's father

big grinExa,Sauron,Kit,A.D,Smodden,MorgulLord,Tassie,pip-foot,Discos,Leggy_N_Merry,Thorondorbig grin

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:53 PM
Click here to Send nazgūl-lord a Private Message Find more posts by nazgūl-lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

3CP0....where did he come from....u see

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I always thought Gardulla the Hutt was a sneaky one wink

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:36 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

A jedi just has to breed with women, you dont need to be born from the force. If anakin can do, why not anyone, what do u think leia and han are up to?

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chiram
Lost one.

You're right. The movies fakey...

A jedi just has to breed with women, you dont need to be born from the force. If anakin can do, why not anyone, what do u think leia and han are up to?

That's why Anakin's Midi count was so high. Somehow she had a HUGE amount of Midi's in her, and Anakin was concieved.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Chiram a Private Message Find more posts by Chiram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
santo

Midi-Chlorians and the Force are not sentient, they need to be manipulated. Palpatine's revelation about Plageuis to Anakin was a hint as to who was likely to have done that maniplating.

Based on time frame and purpose, the likely choice would be Sidious.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:40 PM
Click here to Send santo a Private Message Find more posts by santo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

Midichlorians: Force Theory Explained
I'm sure I could have posted this in the other thread, but I thought since it would mostly focus on the Force rather than the Dark Side, it warranted its own thread.

Anyways, let's begin:

1) Darth Plageius is rumored to be a Sith Lord who mastered the ability to manipulate midichlorians to create life. Life can be many different things. It can be plants or animals or even energy. It doesn't necessarily mean a person. I think this is why many people are incorrectly assuming that Darth Sidious's explanation indicated that the Sith created Anakin. This is an easy mistake to make, but I think one must look at the context of the subject. It was meant to draw Anakin in by his fears and his lust for power.

" I'll be able to stop a person from dying." - Anakin

2) Midichlorians are microscopic lifeforms in all living things that are directly connected to the "energy field that binds the universe", constantly speaking the will of the Force to any willing to listen, preferable those apt to study its nature. Namely Jedi and Sith.

3) Qui-Gon's studies and interest in the living Force, namely the constant evolving energy field that is interactive with life itself, drew him to possibly seek out the legend of Darth Plageius. Or just in Force life thoery itself. Either way, Qui-Gon discovered that midi-cholorians can indeed bring forth life. It's a study that only he would make. It's why no one else knew of it or even attempted its study. Qui-Gon was the rebel. He constantly defied the Order. He searched out the truth of it all.

This is further emphasized by a statement he made in The Phantom Menace.

"No one can kill a Jedi."
"I wish that were so."

This attitude is not in alignment with the teaching of the Jedi. Yoda stated in Episode III that...."death is natural." One might conclude that the Jedi are taught to not fear death, but embrace it.

However, Qui-Gon didn't seem to be comfortable with the concept of death. Hence his line in TPM and his private studies in an attempt to avert death.

Perhaps if Qui-Gon never died, Anakin might have been his pupil and both would have learned to master the technique, passing along the knowledge to all their students and decendents. It would be a new chapter in the existence of the Jedi. It would have been beautiful.

4) The blue energy field around a Force ghost is a result of manipulated midichlorians after death. This training that Yoda spoke of to Obi-Wan and first achieved by Qui-Gon would have involved being in tune with the living force during life. One would have to constantly be attuned to the here and now.

"....keep your mind on the here and now, where it belongs."
"But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future."
"But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the living Force, my Young Padawan."

Here is another open contradiction of the teaching of the Jedi and Yoda in particular. Can you see where this is going guys?

In order to achieve the Force Ghost, a Jedi must be constantly attuned to the living Force. This is achieved through the midichlorians. One must be constantly attuned to their distinctive voices, otherwise, one could not be able to control them after death.

Qui-Gon was inadvertently attempting to teach this to Obi-Wan without telling him exactly what he was doing. It's why Obi is successful at it later. It's also why Yoda wasn't aware of its possibility. It goes against the training of the Jedi, who are constantly trained to contemplate how their actions will affect the future. Their minds are always on the future.

I always wondered the significance of these lines in the prequels. Lucas has given us everything we need to understand the Force Ghost theory.

5) It also explains how Anakin is able to achieve the Force Ghost. This is a little crude, but it's pretty simple. Qui-Gon taught Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan taught Anakin. There was a legacy between them. I propose that Anakin was able to do it without "training" because with so many midichlorians at his disposal, he was constantly attuned to their presence. Also, Anakin's loss plays a part in it as well. Losing Padme broke his attention on the future. The worst had come. In a sense, for Anakin, the future was a bleak darkness. So he no longer "..concentrated on his anxieties, and kept his mind on the here and now."

It was why he was so effective in adulthood as the Dark Lord of the Sith. He finally got his mind off his fears and focused on the here and now, executing the Emperor's orders with precision. He matured into an adult. It's a reflection of how Anakin might have been if he were to have properly adhered to the Jedi teaching. When Anakin died, he had everything he needed to achieve the Force Ghost. He had an incalculable midichloriancount ( the readings are off the chart, over 20,000"), and a mind constantly attuned to the living force after Padme's death.

5) Sith cannot become Force Ghosts because of their nature. Unscrupulous plotting and planning, scheming, constantly thinking of the future. There minds not on the here and now.

Yoda even hints at the training in Empire:

"...mind never on where you are, what you are doing."

--So that's it!! I hope this helps, and finally puts a rest on the subject for all you who are interested. It even clears up the debate on Anakin able to be a Force Ghost without having any "official" training.

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

i didnt write that uh this other guy did i forget his name

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 07:50 PM