KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why is the Star Wars Original Trilogy seem more appealing than the prequels?

Why is the Star Wars Original Trilogy seem more appealing than the prequels?
Started by: Eddy Urquia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eddy Urquia

Why is the Star Wars Original Trilogy seem more appealing than the prequels?

Why is the Star Wars Original Trilogy more appealing to die hard fans than the far more grafically advance prequels?

BLASTERS!

The reason SW fans favor the original trilogy is because of what I like to identify as "Blaster appeal" We all know that famous poster pose by Harrison Ford holding a blaster "blaster appeal" In "New Hope" Luke is given the lightsaber as a token from his father by Obiwan. Luke never uses it in action, however he is tied to his blaster throughout the film, "blaster appeal" In "Empire" Luke is in a mean"middle" state between becoming familiar with the force so he uses his lightsaber in cloud city confrontation with Vader, but he uses and depends on his "blaster" throughout that film also. In RotJ , Luke in no longer dependant on blasters and is a Jedi. Throughout the original trilogy, luke carries his lightsaber on one side of his pants, but has a blaster on the opposite side, "blaster appeal" look at all the pictures in original trilogy, and its " blasters , blasters, blasters, everywhere" this is why we love it so.

Why then are the prequels weak?

It is a civilized time! Blaster are too clumsy and random, " uncivilized" Since jedi are the dominant order, the weapon of choice is the lightsaber. All these characters are Jedi, so why pick up a blaster? That makes these movies seem odd, and a bit different than the originals to hard cors fans. Its the weak story telling from Lucas, its weak action in prequels, "blaster appeal" this is why "Revenge of the Sith" is so successful. Blasters , guns, cannons shells, war! I beleive it took two moveis for lucas to get the third one close to original trilogy so as to take from its appeal. War. It is called Star Wars! Not senate disscusion and cpunsul bashing!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

1. Special effects movies got more Aww, back then unlike they do now

2. Its an easier story to follow, and common folk understand it better

3. People will awlays think it is better just because of the phenomenon it was back then.

4. People measure succes in dollars, not creativity

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 02:34 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

I see your point! Thanks

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:09 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterRetro

I understand what your saying but the first two wernt ment to be like the orginals mearly links to the orginal the third episode is closer to the orginals as this is the one that moves into the orginal trilogy and therefore it has to change

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:23 PM
Click here to Send JediMasterRetro a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterRetro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

"Luke I am your father"

There is one bigass reason.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 03:55 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith_Dreamer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by astrofan428
"Luke I am your father"

I definetely agree with that.

Also, I never had a huge problem with it, but another reason is: NO JAR-JAR

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Sith_Dreamer a Private Message Find more posts by Sith_Dreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterRetro

Originally posted by Sith_Dreamer
I definetely agree with that.

Also, I never had a huge problem with it, but another reason is: NO JAR-JAR

yes me to and Jar Jar is cool he featured at Padmes funeral

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 04:11 PM
Click here to Send JediMasterRetro a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterRetro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by astrofan428
"Luke I am your father"

Correct Astrofan, That is a strong reason to the STRONG APPEAL to original SW trilogy.Your claim also ties to the "in what order should one view the six Star Wars movies in order to get the most from plot twist and revalations. But, that is a great reason for original trilogy apeal. Thanks

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:24 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Suprised no one said this...

Darth Vader

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:26 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by JediMasterRetro
yes me to and Jar Jar is cool he featured at Padmes funeral
\

Jar Jar's funeral clip lasted 5 secs on screen that was all screen time that sucker got, and to and untrained eye(non SW fan) he looked like any GG character out their and could be easily missed within the crowd he was walking in. I barely caught him on screen, and I doubt to a SW viewer who is not looking for him , it would seen like a stand in actor for filling backdrops, how kool. He got what we wanted Jar Jar to get, the boot!

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:27 PM
~ J ~
Restricted

Account Restricted

In My Opinion The Best chapters were Empire and Jedi...(just my opinion)

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 05:35 PM
Click here to Send ~ J ~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~ J ~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote