KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » question on Darth Maul

question on Darth Maul
Started by: volleyballer4

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
volleyballer4

Smile question on Darth Maul

Um im not sure if anyone has asked this or have, but i was wondering why darth maul aka the phamtom menace has like a double sided lightsabre, while everyone else has only one? why is that?

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 11:50 PM
Click here to Send volleyballer4 a Private Message Find more posts by volleyballer4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

kinda off topic but isnt Palpatine the "phantom menace"?

Old Post May 22nd, 2005 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
volleyballer4

oh yeah my bad...im new at this

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:41 AM
Click here to Send volleyballer4 a Private Message Find more posts by volleyballer4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the double sided light saber was just his style. I doubt it would be anymore or any less impactfull against a master of regular light saber

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:16 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i think it's actually more of a hassle have a double edged light saber. you have to be very skilled to handle such saber. and i do think it matters in a fight. qui gonn did die fighting him.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:43 AM
Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The only advantage i can see a double saber having is for counter attacks. however, a double saber obligates you to perform a certain range of movements, whereas a traditional saber is more open ended on possible form

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 05:35 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

A double sided saber allows you to attack but still be defended at the same time. It also allows you to fight to people at once a lot more easily. If you noticed he only used one side when he was fighting Qui-Gon on tatooine.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benjio
Loser in Many Ways

Im guessing it was one of the first 2 vs 1 fights in Star Wars so they thought they'd make it a bit special and give him a double ended one so he could fight both at once. I guess it showed how skilled he was as well. What I wanna know is after it was chopped in half, how would it still work? Seems a bit strange. Any got the Episode I visual dictionary? (I don't)

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:53 AM
Click here to Send Benjio a Private Message Find more posts by Benjio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthVader221

no no no uve got it all wrong. Darth Maul was the Phantom Menace and Palpantine is the Sith Lord.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 05:47 PM
Click here to Send DarthVader221 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthVader221 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthVader221
no no no uve got it all wrong. Darth Maul was the Phantom Menace and Palpantine is the Sith Lord.

Well, the point seems to be that "phantom menace" can be interpreted in a number of ways, including the Trade Federation Blockade (with the bigger threat of Palpatine's machinations behind it), Anakin (with the bigger threat of Vader in his future) and, yes, Darth Maul (a great fighter, yes, but merely a dumb brute compared to his shadowy master).

Old Post May 29th, 2005 09:26 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seriph
the angel of bad spelling

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Benjio
Im guessing it was one of the first 2 vs 1 fights in Star Wars so they thought they'd make it a bit special and give him a double ended one so he could fight both at once. I guess it showed how skilled he was as well. What I wanna know is after it was chopped in half, how would it still work? Seems a bit strange. Any got the Episode I visual dictionary? (I don't)

my friend does, if i recall it has six power crystals(dont ask my what power crystals are) instead of the usual one, thus it getting choped in half means it should still have three, can someone confirm, dont quote me on this

Old Post May 29th, 2005 09:56 PM
Click here to Send seriph a Private Message Find more posts by seriph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

that is correct. it also has around 2 or 3 focussing lenses

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 29th, 2005 10:30 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote