KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » does andyone know how anakin survived being cut in half and burning up?

does andyone know how anakin survived being cut in half and burning up?
Started by: Obi-wan2005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Obi-wan2005

does andyone know how anakin survived being cut in half and burning up?

does andyone know how anakin survived being cut in half and burning up? Because i know he's tough but damn! get back to me soon

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Because, his hate made him live in. Like Maw in Dark Forces 2. The Dark Side can fill you with such power that, when you twist it, it will allow you to survive the most harsh abuse.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:01 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Some say his hatred kept him alive, but I think it was because he had yet to fullfil the prophecy.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:02 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-wan2005

huh... so the dark side also helps you live longer cause i heard that sid has been alive for thousands of years

You Were The Chosen One!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:04 AM
Click here to Send Obi-wan2005 a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-wan2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I can understand why having his limbs severed diddnt kill him. He obviously wouldnt bleed to death. The heat of the saber would seal the wound. Any body not connected to the force would probably die from shock, but strong with the force anakin was. Did lava even touch anakin? I thought he just burned up from the sheer heat. If lava did infact touch him, he would be dead, no jedi bound in organic flech would be able to survive a bath in lava.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:28 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

He wasn't cut in half.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:29 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

he was cut in half?? when????

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Torik_Shai
Demon Pirate

His two legs and remaining arm were cut off. That's hardly enough to kill someone, especially when bleeding to death is an impossibility due to cauterization. As for the burning, lots of people survive severe burns. Besides, he didn't have to live forever afterwards. He only had to live long enough until he was transferred to the suit.

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Torik_Shai a Private Message Find more posts by Torik_Shai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
woman_beater69

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Because, his hate made him live in. Like Maw in Dark Forces 2. The Dark Side can fill you with such power that, when you twist it, it will allow you to survive the most harsh abuse.

Like Darth Maul.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:27 AM
Click here to Send woman_beater69 a Private Message Find more posts by woman_beater69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It looked to me that he did die, right before Palpy got there. Then the way Palpy put his hands over him it looked like he was bringing him back to life.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:29 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, he lived. In addition, for evidence of living while under horrific woulnds, look at Darth Sion. He has several THOUSAND fractures to EACH bone, and still managed to live, and whoop serious ass.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Who the hell is Darth Sion? EU? Bullshit then...

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:32 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
It looked to me that he did die, right before Palpy got there. Then the way Palpy put his hands over him it looked like he was bringing him back to life.
I was wondering if Palpatine actually has the power he boasted or was lying just to get Anakin to turn to the dark side.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 01:33 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Bong
Perpetually High

After seeing the movie I also was wondering if Sidious really had the power to bring people back to life or make them keep living. It kind of looked like it when he puts his hand on Anakin's head. smokin'

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth Bong a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Bong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Darth Bong
After seeing the movie I also was wondering if Sidious really had the power to bring people back to life or make them keep living. It kind of looked like it when he puts his hand on Anakin's head. smokin'

I hadnt thought of that, but Palpatine isnt the sensitive caring type that would just rub someons forehead to sooth them.

So maybe that is why he touched him.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:09 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

My theory is that Palpatine was just assessing the damage done to Vader and possibly checking how long he had to live.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:12 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Jesus christ, If Palpitine had the ability of reanimating the dead, then there is no way in hell he would have been opposed. anyone who can bring back the dead and weild the force to your liking is a God

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:17 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta51VE

Obi-Wan touched Padme the same way, and in AOTC he touched a fallen Jedi that way, so I'm thinking it's a touch to see if they're still alive.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Delta51VE a Private Message Find more posts by Delta51VE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

When Palpatine goes down there it is the only time where he is silent and moving.

Attachment: life.jpg
This has been downloaded 92 time(s).

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:19 AM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Sidious already knew Vader was alive, because he said so.

"He's still alive. Bring a medical capsule." ~Sidious

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 03:20 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote