KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » "There are heroes on both sides?"

"There are heroes on both sides?"
Started by: SixOfTwelve

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

Question "There are heroes on both sides?"

OK, this part of the opening crawl still puzzles me...
I get "Evil is everywhere", both at face value and as the nice foreshadowing concerning Palpatine and eventually Anakin.
But "There are heroes on both sides"? Dooku, whom the separatists consider a hero? Grievous? Nah.
And unless it's a nod to the comics and characters like Quinlan Vos (which I doubt, although he's mentioned briefly in the movie), I find it a needlessly confusing statement.
Maybe I'm just not noticing anything obvious. Any ideas, anyone?

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:18 AM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

I think the point is that the term "hero" is subjective, same as good and bad. Sidious and Vader were heros for the Sith, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Luke, etc...were Jedi heros.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Bong
Perpetually High

The Seperatists and all of the systems loyal to them see Dooku and possibly even Grevious as freedom fighters trying to make revolution. So the truth relies greatly on their own point of view. smokin'

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:23 AM
Click here to Send Darth Bong a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Bong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chuxterofdoom

Maybe it refers to Darth Vader eventually becoming a hero at the end of ROTJ when he kills the emperor. Sometimes simplicity is best!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:02 AM
Click here to Send chuxterofdoom a Private Message Find more posts by chuxterofdoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

This is a bizzare opening crawl. They usually deal with exactly what's been happening but this one is more... philosophical. It's less effective in my opinion...

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:24 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

There was something not right about it I agree

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

The Seperatists were heroes to some.

They were being manipulated, yes, but even the Viceroys wanted peace. It's everyone's definition of "peace" that determines whether you are a hero or a villain.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote