KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » BLOOPERS in Revenge of the Sith pics and why Ben should've been FIRED

BLOOPERS in Revenge of the Sith pics and why Ben should've been FIRED
Started by: HOBBE5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HOBBE5

BLOOPERS in Revenge of the Sith pics and why Ben should've been FIRED

I couldnt remove the pics and post them here, so here's a link to the site that has pics of bloopers that were in. It also has how Obi chopped up Ani.

It looks like Ani jumped and did a twisted flip so he would land feet first behind Obi. In mid twist jump Ani, upside down, had his arm removed, and as he came down feet first, Obi swirled around and did a Babe Ruth baseball swing and cut him off above the knees.

http://flickr.com/photos/teach42/15118807/

Also concerning the actual blooper and parts of the movie.

Ben Burtt should be drawn and quartered for his hack edit job, though you could say the same for Lucas since he has ultimate control of the film, but one particular blooper probably wouldn't have come up if they didn't chop the shit out of the finale.

Speaking of the finale and the editing, which is the reason for the rant on Ben and Lucas, all that was talked about leading up to ROTS was THE DUEL. How it was 11-12 minutes long and that it wouldn't be cut or edited. That it would run completely through and be the longest fight in cinema history. Apparently not, and yet another disappointment.

I thought it was terrible that they intermixed both saber duels, leaving us with a half ass Obi-Ani duel. They should've played it as this:

Yoda meets with Sidious in the Senate, the battle ensues. Yoda flees with Bail Organa, as Sidious says they must go to Mustafar to help Ani.

Padme arrives on Mustafar and it plays out as it did, from start to finish with no breaks, ending with Obi chopping up Ani on a more dramatic background, than the one in the movie, which looked so ordinary. They should've gone with the background in the Making Of book.

That finale was my biggest issue with EP3 outside of several things that were never cleared up that were said to be. Outside of that, it was a good film, not great, but better than the other 2 prequels.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 06:33 PM
Click here to Send HOBBE5 a Private Message Find more posts by HOBBE5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Cant beleive they never fixed the lightsaber problem, you could see that in the teaser.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 06:42 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LightSaber_Part

I know what you mean, I could even tell the first time I watched it

Soli Deo gloria

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 06:43 PM
Click here to Send LightSaber_Part a Private Message Find more posts by LightSaber_Part Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
g0h4n

What lightsaber-problem?
The one where Obi-Wan is holding Anakin's lightsaber? :P

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:05 PM
Click here to Send g0h4n a Private Message Find more posts by g0h4n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errr.... what IS the lightsabre blooper?

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:05 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
g0h4n

I think it's the one where Obi-Wan is holding TWO different sabers while being choked by his former apprentice :P

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:13 PM
Click here to Send g0h4n a Private Message Find more posts by g0h4n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HOBBE5

No, Obi didn't hold both sabers till the end on the slope. However, where Ani is forcing and bending Obi backwards on the table, while forcing his lightsaber upon him. You clearly see it's Obi's, then as they pan out, you see Obi holding Ani's lightsaber as it's being further forced down on him.

THAT'S THE THING THAT PISSED ME OFF ABOUT THE HACK EDITING JOB.

Is that half the time you wonder what was going, like during that scene, how come and why didn't Anakin have his saber. If it was knocked out of his hand show it.

Then how Palps is way up on the senate seats and Yoda flies to one, after just being on the main head senate seat.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:16 PM
Click here to Send HOBBE5 a Private Message Find more posts by HOBBE5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thejeditraitor
An Original

how about, "who f'in cares!"

CHECK OUT MY SITE! for all your star wars ep 3 pics and more!
http://home.att.net/~jcshetler/index.html

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:29 PM
Click here to Send thejeditraitor a Private Message Find more posts by thejeditraitor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

Check this out. When they show the wide shot of Vader on the table and the helmet comes around in preparation to be lowered, the bottom half of the mask isn't there, but it is there when they show the close up of him looking up at the mask coming down. THEN the bottom of his mask is outside the shouderpiece when in the previous shot (and all others) it's inside. I've gotten over it all, but I did notice.

Attachment: helmetflubs.jpg
This has been downloaded 604 time(s).

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:50 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unno

Call me crazy, but I'm glad that Lucas and co. aren't stupid enough to let a scene play too long just because it would look cool. Wasting screen time with a fight (or any scene) that is way longer than necessary can totally destroy a film.

Unno

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send unno a Private Message Find more posts by unno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterRetro

WoW some people have way to much time

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:07 PM
Click here to Send JediMasterRetro a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterRetro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XX Emperor XX
Twisted by the dark side

The duel diffently wasn't 12 mins long...I like the intercut however with the yoda/sidious duel but at least don't claim that the obi-wan/anakin duel is gonna be 12 mins long without being intercut...

its clear that alot of scenes where cut from the duel like you guys stated about the scene where anakin chokes obi-wan you can tell they cut alot out of that duel that leads up to that part because what the hell happened to anakin's lightsaber

Thanx to Lord Tyrant for sig

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:15 PM
Click here to Send XX Emperor XX a Private Message Find more posts by XX Emperor XX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Most of this part was cut, escept for like the last move of the series.

And thta one blue screen scene we have seen a million times with the two of them coming out of a doorway.

Attachment: untitled-truecolor-02.jpg
This has been downloaded 506 time(s).

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:19 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

How do you guys enjoy the movie looking for errors and mess ups?
FYI EVERY starwars movie has had fight scenes intercut with other scenes, so shut up.
I swear they leave those MINOR mistakes in just so people have somthing to talk about. (It's a conversation piece.)
EPIII is on par with EPV I will have to see it a couple of more times to see if it surpasses EPV.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:22 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
How do you guys enjoy the movie looking for errors and mess ups?
FYI EVERY starwars movie has had fight scenes intercut with other scenes, so shut up.
I swear they leave those MINOR mistakes in just so people have somthing to talk about. (It's a conversation piece.)
EPIII is on par with EPV I will have to see it a couple of more times to see if it surpasses EPV.
why should anyone shut up..they paid their money to see the movie the same as you,why can't they critique it?

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:25 PM
Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HOBBE5

How bout, it matters when this is the PIVOTAL POINT OF THE ENTIRE SERIES, and it was hacked up. It had nothing to do with staying on a scene because it would look cool, it was about staying in the moment and maintaining focus, because LUCAS AND CO were constantly amping this as the biggest fight in history. THEY SAID it was going to be the longest fight caught on cinema, and he didn't mean Yoda and Sidious AND Ani and Obi. It was JUST THE FIGHT OF ANI AND OBI. The fight was for good and evil, to try in someway to say the soul of one that had fallen. I wish it was played all the way through.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:25 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Some (14) bloopers: http://www.moviemistakes.com/film4924

Revealing: When Obi-Wan and Yoda return to the temple and find the bodies of the younglings, Obi-Wan bends to look at the dead child the one on the left and he flinches a little - it looks like his nose itches.

Poor dead youn...wait a minute, what the hell? stick out tongue

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:33 PM
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

How else do you think they would be able to sell another special edition?

Last edited by Sesse on May 23rd, 2005 at 08:40 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowKing
Fallen Jedi

To know the mind of Lucas...forever confused will you be...

If you read the Making of ROTS, Lucas jokes with one of the animators:

"...who needs continuity..."

and this morning on the Today show, there was a segment regarding the animation of GG showing how Lucas pulled a shot of Obi Wan cut from the duel and created a shot with Obi and GG. This is how he makes films people, cut and paste and the script be damned.... to him it's all about how it plays out, how it feels...he says in the book how the fun of movie making is cutting scenes together to see what works...cutting out what doesn't... and how the story changed from (I imagine) the initial script treatments to a focus on Anakin's fall.

this is why scenes of Jedi, the Senate, etc were cut away

Custom Sig courtesy of Ast!

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 08:39 PM
Click here to Send ShadowKing a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote